CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   Race Technology DL1 MK3 ?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2991635-race-technology-dl1-mk3.html)

mountainbiker2 01-29-2012 03:23 PM

Race Technology DL1 MK3 ??

My friend and I picked up one of these a few weeks ago. We have the cable to hook up the OBD11 port. This is on a C5. We can't figure out how to read throttle position, wheel speed, steering angle, rpm, etc. What do we have to do to get this data?

thanks,

Steve A.

fatbillybob 01-29-2012 05:33 PM

I think DL1 needed to be linked to individual sensors. It is the way to do a C5. The OBD2 protocol is all over the map prior to 2008. So I do not think you are going to get anything out of the c5 obd2 port. In fact The AIM guy went to the track and met up with Oli and gang to try to get data from there without success.

RX-Ben 01-29-2012 10:28 PM

I just run wires to the TPS, brake pressure, steering angle (x2 inputs and you will need to add math processing to these 2 inputs to get the angle) and oil pressure.
Have you called Al at Race Tech? He may be able to help, but as mentioned OBD2 cars aren't great for datalogging (vs the 06+ CAN cars).

JerryTX 05-01-2012 09:31 PM

Did you get this figured out, I'm considering the same system for an 05' C6.

mountainbiker2 05-02-2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by jerrytx (Post 1580703868)
Did you get this figured out, I'm considering the same system for an 05' C6.

My friend figured it all out for a C5. Yours would be different.

RX-Ben 05-02-2012 06:46 PM

Unless you have a CAN bus car, you still won't get steering angle or brake pressure from an OBD adapter. Cheaper and easy to pick signals directly from the sensors.

Also - you cannot read wheel sensor speeds through OBD II port (unless CAN). The DL1 can read this, if you buy a converter (Race Tech sells one, I found one for taxis that will work for $25/each but not useful unless you are fiddling with the diff).

C5 OBD II will only give you TPS, RPM, of the items that you listed.

matchew2008Z 05-28-2018 10:49 PM

Obd-2 data

I'm resurrecting an old thread. I purchased a Dash2Pro late last year and am working to get it installed in the next month. I was hoping to take the easy way out on a number of items (oil p, water temp, rpm, etc) so I ordered the obd2 interface with it but can't get any of this data to the logger or to the live monitor. I hook up my Tech2 and I see everything I need but for some reason no can do with the obd2 that came from race tech any thoughts or help?

I'm going to assume I'm best off tapping into each sensor independently which is doable, just being lazy where I can. Not always smart to take the easy way out...

Thank you.

Mark@AMT Motorsport 05-29-2018 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by matchew2008Z (Post 1597293470)
I'm resurrecting an old thread. I purchased a Dash2Pro late last year and am working to get it installed in the next month. I was hoping to take the easy way out on a number of items (oil p, water temp, rpm, etc) so I ordered the obd2 interface with it but can't get any of this data to the logger or to the live monitor. I hook up my Tech2 and I see everything I need but for some reason no can do with the obd2 that came from race tech any thoughts or help?

I'm going to assume I'm best off tapping into each sensor independently which is doable, just being lazy where I can. Not always smart to take the easy way out...

Thank you.

I have the same Dash in my car - you can't get anything from OBD2. We ran wires to all the factory sensors into the back of the Dash and it works great!

matchew2008Z 05-30-2018 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport (Post 1597300037)
I have the same Dash in my car - you can't get anything from OBD2. We ran wires to all the factory sensors into the back of the Dash and it works great!

Appreciate the response. That was a waste of $100!

RS-08C6Z51 05-30-2018 08:42 AM

With a DL1 and the OBD II connector, certain data can be logged and sent to the DASH2Pro. I have this exact set up in my car. RPM, water temp, intake temp and O2 are displayed and additionally throttle position is logged. Unfortunately oil pressure is not one of them but you can splice into the oil pressure sensor and wire into a separate channel on back of DL1. Below is link to potential OBD II output.
Hope this helps.

https://www.race-technology.com/wiki...OutputChannels

Data on video is from OBD II output.

matchew2008Z 05-30-2018 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by RS-08C6Z51 (Post 1597301808)
With a DL1 and the OBD II connector, certain data can be logged and sent to the DASH2Pro. I have this exact set up in my car. RPM, water temp, intake temp and O2 are displayed and additionally throttle position is logged. Unfortunately oil pressure is not one of them but you can splice into the oil pressure sensor and wire into a separate channel on back of DL1. Below is link to potential OBD II output.
Hope this helps.

https://www.race-technology.com/wiki...OutputChannels

Data on video is from OBD II output.

https://vimeo.com/266227495

It seems the difference is I don't have the DL1. I go straight into the DASH2pro, hoping to accomplish same/similar data as the DL1. I'm sure I'll get it to work, just need to put more work into it. Luckily I moved the PCM into the cab so retrieving the signals I need will be easy.

I'm curious, what all signals have you tied in? Any snags along the way that I may want to be aware of? I am still working my way up the learning curve as far as the software is concerned but the knowledge center is pretty good about how to configure things. The great thing about his forum, and an older car, is most have figured out the charts and the formulas for tying our sensors into a data logger!

Darn good video too. I've never been to Mid-Ohio even though I'm from NW Ohio. it's on the bucket list!

RS-08C6Z51 05-30-2018 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by matchew2008Z (Post 1597302630)
It seems the difference is I don't have the DL1. I go straight into the DASH2pro, hoping to accomplish same/similar data as the DL1. I'm sure I'll get it to work, just need to put more work into it. Luckily I moved the PCM into the cab so retrieving the signals I need will be easy.

I'm curious, what all signals have you tied in? Any snags along the way that I may want to be aware of? I am still working my way up the learning curve as far as the software is concerned but the knowledge center is pretty good about how to configure things. The great thing about his forum, and an older car, is most have figured out the charts and the formulas for tying our sensors into a data logger!

Darn good video too. I've never been to Mid-Ohio even though I'm from NW Ohio. it's on the bucket list!

Currently, I don't have any additional sensors connected to the DL1 inputs. On previous car I spliced into the stock oil pressure sensor and wired it into the DL1.

Mid-OH is a blast. You should definitely try and make it out there for an event.