CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] Lethal Racing E85 High Compression LS7 - 658hp/571tq Idle & Dyno Video Inside!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/3007420-lethal-racing-e85-high-compression-ls7-658hp-571tq-idle-and-dyno-video-inside.html)

Lethal Racing 02-24-2012 04:28 AM

Lethal Racing E85 High Compression LS7 - 658hp/571tq Idle & Dyno Video Inside!!

We just finished up this project in the shop. This customer brought us his wanting to pick up some big power after being dissapointed at another shop. We did our best to accomidate him and believe he is very happy with the car. I am sure he will chime in soon.

This Package is not for the Faint of Heart. High Compression E85. This is basically a race application, but I must say that after a proper tune this car drove better than I expected it to. Hope you Enjoy the Video.

Here is a list of mods:
E85 Fuel
Marcella Intake Manifold
Custom Grind Camshaft - Specs disclosed by Customer if he Wishes
Pac 1521 Spring Set
WCCH 13.8 Compression Cylinder Heads
2" Header System
LR Custom NA Methanol Kit
Corsa Exhaust
Killer Bee Intake System

Please Feel Free to contact us for information on this Package.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/...34stevedsd.jpg

HNK 02-24-2012 04:54 AM

Great numbers shawn, but what happened to the power curve after 7k? i thought with such intake it should go on producing power beyond 7. The owner must be smiling everytime he takes it for a drive.

:cheers:

Lethal Racing 02-24-2012 05:05 AM

I have a few other holding out. I let out at 7. All the runs made peak at 6800 so no need to pull it.

Wulverine 02-24-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lethal Racing (Post 1580098274)
I have a few other holding out. I let out at 7. All the runs made peak at 6800 so no need to pull it.

Are you guys using meth with E-85 on this set-up?

MTIRC6Z 02-24-2012 08:24 AM

WOW, amazing stuff Shawn, a N/A car that makes a real 650+...very nice job.

And let me guess, after getting the dyno number you did NOT go back into the tune and change things? I'd bet that since you tuned the car properly the customer drove away with exactly what he had on the dyno, not some diluted version which had to be backed down for safety reasons after getting a big dyno number :eek:

Anyway, my guess is this customer now has some renewed faith in mankind.

Cheers, Paul.

double06 02-24-2012 08:29 AM

Marcella Manifold

How much do you think did this added to equation (say over a FAST)and how was it just driving it around on the street?

vertC6 02-24-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by LOUFY (Post 1580098442)
Are you guys using meth with E-85 on this set-up?

That's what I was wondering with 105 octane why would you need the meth?

Very nice numbers!

RichieRichZ06 02-24-2012 10:25 AM

That must put a smile on his face every time he mashed the loud pedal. :D

edmundu 02-24-2012 10:25 AM

I believe the Meth in this case is being used as a cooling agent, and the E85 as the fuel.

Just because you have higher octane fuel doesn't mean you can't still stand to benefit from additional charge air cooling. It is done all the time in FI applications, but with this NA pumping that compression ratio, it must still be of benefit as well...

NA-Z06 02-24-2012 10:29 AM

Very nice!
And +1, wish we knew what difference this Marcella intake does over a FAST!

LS9Drew 02-24-2012 11:29 AM

Man that is awesome, I hear its slow though lol

VetteVinnie 02-24-2012 11:40 AM

Wow. Awesome numbers! :thumbs:

MTIRC6Z 02-24-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by nivardo (Post 1580099976)
Very nice!
And +1, wish we knew what difference this Marcella intake does over a FAST!

Seriously, you can be sure the tuner (aka. Shawn) adds WAY more power to this combination than the Marcella intake does. You need to be very careful who you take your car to, particularly if you live in the south :ack:

Cheers, Paul.

FNBADAZ06 02-24-2012 12:11 PM

What kind of shortblock work ?

Myhardtop 02-24-2012 12:35 PM

Shawn,

Very nice job, kudos to you and your crew:rock:

It is very cool seeing more and more shops tune for E85...now try some torco and see what happens:eek:

Thanks,
Carlos:thumbs:

busaetr 02-24-2012 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06 (Post 1580100941)
What kind of shortblock work ?

None its the stock short block with 37k miles.. car flys now, but the monster clutch isn't allowing power shifts over 7k rpms and will barely granny shift (what I call granny shifting) now.. ill have the car back to Shawn next month for a RPS BC2, DSS carbon prop, and DSS half shafts... still going to try it out at the track tomorrow, but I really don't think the clutch will hang...

Thanks again Shawn... its definitely a different car now and I'm extremely happy with the work... not to mention being able to talk with someone who actually understands what they're talking about..

Captain Z 02-24-2012 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by busaetr (Post 1580101238)
None its the stock short block with 37k miles.. car flys now, but the monster clutch isn't allowing power shifts over 7k rpms and will barely granny shift (what I call granny shifting) now.. ill have the car back to Shawn next month for a RPS BC2, DSS carbon prop, and DSS half shafts... still going to try it out at the track tomorrow, but I really don't think the clutch will hang...

Thanks again Shawn... its definitely a different car now and I'm extremely happy with the work... not to mention being able to talk with someone who actually understands what they're talking about..

Where did you guys get the fuel? Last time I checked there wasn't any E85 in your area. Things different now?

By the way, great numbers Shawn! I'm sure its a blast to drive!

Do you think the methanol is helping the numbers quite a bit?

busaetr 02-24-2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Z (Post 1580102919)
Where did you guys get the fuel? Last time I checked there wasn't any E85 in your area. Things different now?

By the way, great numbers Shawn! I'm sure its a blast to drive!

Do you think the methanol is helping the numbers quite a bit?

I live in Shreveport and we have two stations that sell e85.. the meth was something I wanted to try and Shawn was game, so we gave it a shot... also Shawn and I want to try a couple of different things with the meth when I take it back for the drive train work..

FNBADAZ06 02-24-2012 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by busaetr (Post 1580101238)

Impressive:thumbs:

Lethal Racing 02-24-2012 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by double06 (Post 1580098909)
How much do you think did this added to equation (say over a FAST)and how was it just driving it around on the street?

Hard to say. We see most fast intakes as mid range breathers rather than top end runners. This car is peaking at 6800 rpms. The cam in this car is pretty big, as in I don't have anything to really compare it too. We will have the car back in my hands in a few weeksand we can put a Fast 102 on it and see what the difference is. I am sure that the Marcella intake is worth a good bit.

As I have stated before this cam is big, but it did drive better than I thought it would. When I say big it is upwards of 40+degrees of overlap. It does get some attention at street lights though:rock:

That's what I was wondering with 105 octane why would you need the meth?

Very nice numbers!
Meth was not a need, It was being used to cool off the intake and the Iat's. We are using just enough of what is needed for the car at that point. Just incase you were wondering Abient temps when dynoing were 68 degrees and the Meth was dropping the IAT's to 43degrees.