CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   How Corvette ownership has changed my life………. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3026696-how-corvette-ownership-has-changed-my-lifeooo.html)

R&L's C6 03-25-2012 06:03 PM

How Corvette ownership has changed my life……….

Since I have owned my last two Corvettes I have noticed some things different about my life. I never feared taking my cars to the dealer for service before. I never picked a restaurant for its parking. I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more :willy: I never blew dry a vehicle or worried about swirl marks or had a vehicle that ALWAYS needs to be spotless. I never had a vehicle I covered or hooked a tender up to or hated to drive in the rain.
But…………………….
I never have enjoyed life more. The thrill of driving that car makes me feel like a kid again :steering: I love just looking at it :cool: I have made some great new friends because of it, none of which would have happened without it. I can’t think of many other things I would rather do on a sunny day than go for a ride and spend time with my wife and friends. Yes, I am obsessed with these darn cars and I love it…. :cheers:

harley7453 03-25-2012 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1580376255)
Since I have owned my last two Corvettes I have noticed some things different about my life. I never feared taking my cars to the dealer for service before. I never picked a restaurant for its parking. I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more :willy: I never blew dry a vehicle or worried about swirl marks or had a vehicle that ALWAYS needs to be spotless. I never had a vehicle I covered or hooked a tender up to or hated to drive in the rain.
But…………………….
I never have enjoyed life more. The thrill of driving that car makes me feel like a kid again :steering: I love just looking at it :cool: I have made some great new friends because of it, none of which would have happened without it. I can’t think of many other things I would rather do on a sunny day than go for a ride and spend time with my wife and friends. Yes, I am obsessed with these darn cars and I love it…. :cheers:

:iagree: :D

OnPoint 03-25-2012 06:12 PM

Most fun I've ever had with automobiles has been with my vettes.

Torchsport 03-25-2012 06:16 PM

What's wax?

R&L's C6 03-25-2012 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Torchsport (Post 1580376365)
What's wax?

:rofl:

I thought about you when I was writing that.....:lol:

Torchsport 03-25-2012 06:19 PM

I do agree. :cheers:
The people I have met in the Corvette community, be it in person, or on this forum, have been stellar individuals. :thumbs:

Dave ZR-1 03-25-2012 06:20 PM

I Agree!!!!

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1580376332)

:iagree:

:D:D:D

lol yep, tons of fun....

now I am thinking about another Viper a 2002 FE red/white stripes, I had one years ago...one word..AWESOME

And I am looking at getting a 2013 Vette convertible with the ZO-6 engine!!!! Anyone know anything about these yet?

God Bless!
Dave

OnPoint 03-25-2012 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dave ZR-1 (Post 1580376385)

lol yep, tons of fun....

now I am thinking about another Viper a 2002 FE red/white stripes, I had one years ago...one word..AWESOME

And I am looking at getting a 2013 Vette convertible with the ZO-6 engine!!!! Anyone know anything about these yet?

God Bless!
Dave

There have been a few threads already about the 427 Vert. Most folks think it's a cool idea. A quick search would pull those up quick.

I'd go for the 427 vert over the snake, but that's just me.:thumbs:

QUAKEJAKE 03-25-2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dave ZR-1 (Post 1580376385)

lol yep, tons of fun....

God Bless!
Dave

Ya , Just don't call it a ZO6 convertable buddy.:toetap: :D

Nick_D 03-25-2012 06:27 PM

I do the same thing now. Most of the time when my wife and I go to the movies I prefer to take her car over my corvette because I don't want to leave it in the parking garage! I think it might be a combination of paranoia though.

N2TU 03-25-2012 06:29 PM

But…………………….

Sooooo true...and I never thought about it...but you hit the nail on the head!....

Especially..." I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more." !!!! :willy::willy:

Dave ZR-1 03-25-2012 06:39 PM

427 vert

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1580376332)

Onpoint, how do you like you callaway s/c vette?

I have given those a thought also. my decision may come down to the callaway vs. the 427 vert.

Is there MUCH more SOP difference?

Dave

God Bless!

R&L's C6 03-25-2012 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by N2TU (Post 1580376466)
Sooooo true...and I never thought about it...but you hit the nail on the head!....

Especially..." I never had a cabinet full of waxes, sealers, glass cleaners, scratch removers, leather protectants, vinyl protectants, tire protectants or stacks of micro fiber towels and still look for more." !!!! :willy::willy:

I had to laugh today when I was using the Master Blaster to dry my car. The neighbor was looking at me like I was crazy. :lol:

schmegeggie 03-25-2012 06:51 PM

I know just how you feel.
I've reached a whole new plateau of "car care".
I pay more attention to what the inside of my garage looks like.
It is, as most here on the CF put it, a way of life!:cheers:

OnPoint 03-25-2012 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dave ZR-1 (Post 1580376555)
Onpoint, how do you like you callaway s/c vette?

I have given those a thought also. my decision may come down to the callaway vs. the 427 vert.

Is there MUCH more SOP difference?

Dave

God Bless!

Love the Callaway. 606 hp. Yeah, you can feel it. She runs/pulls hard.

red2012 03-25-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1580376571)
I had to laugh today when I was using the Master Blaster to dry my car. The neighbor was looking at me like I was crazy. :lol:

i dont want to hijack this thread but R&L C6, how would the master blaster compare to say a compressor and air nozzle at 125psi(which is what i use now) in terms of power. ive seen them in advertisements but know nothing about them and always considered one. fast ans will do. thanks.

OnPoint 03-25-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1580376571)

I've never tried that. Does that work pretty well?

I'd be afraid it would kick up dust around the car.

PittMD1 03-25-2012 06:53 PM

Glad to hear that your seeing the bright side of owning your car. It's all about attitude.

Too-Fast 03-25-2012 06:54 PM

But…………………….

:iagree::woohoo:

R&L's C6 03-25-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1580376656)
i dont want to hijack this thread but R&L C6, how would the master blaster compare to say a compressor and air nozzle at 125psi(which is what i use now) in terms of power. ive seen them in advertisements but know nothing about them and always considered one. fast ans will do. thanks.

I have never used a compressor but I would imagine if the tank is big enough it probably would work just as well. I used a leaf blower before and I definitely like the Blaster better.