CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northern-california-126/)
-   -   Stolen '07 vert (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northern-california/3050671-stolen-07-vert.html)

Ken Erickson 05-02-2012 04:09 PM

Stolen '07 vert

I came home Monday afternoon and noticed my garage door open. I remembered closing it before leaving for work in the morning. That's when I saw my '07 vert gone.

Stolen: 2007 Corvette convertible, 6-sp manual trans.
Color: Black ext, black int, black convertible top
Fully loaded Z51, nav
After market Z06 wheel
Lic 5XFG138

c5autoxracer 05-02-2012 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Erickson (Post 1580710370)
I came home Monday afternoon and noticed my garage door open. I remembered closing it before leaving for work in the morning. That's when I saw my '07 vert gone.

Fully loaded Z51, nav
After market Z06 wheel
Lic 5XFG138

How did they get it? Did someone have a spare key? The vehicle is transponder car ony right????

50 4Ever 05-02-2012 05:18 PM

Do you have Onstar? Maybe they could locate it.

I hope it is found untouched.

:ack:

Rocket-J 05-02-2012 05:38 PM

Damn. That sucks. Was the ejection seat armed for theft control? :yesnod:

choivette 05-02-2012 05:59 PM

Ken,
Its your neighbor down the street. There's been some bad chit happening around here the guy right behind you is a cop. How did they get the car out of your garage or did they drive it?

andy82 05-02-2012 06:17 PM

Ken, I did spread the word. Hope you will get it back. :(

Ken Erickson 05-02-2012 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by choivette (Post 1580711378)
Ken,
Its your neighbor down the street. There's been some bad chit happening around here the guy right behind you is a cop. How did they get the car out of your garage or did they drive it?

He(they) broke a window in the back. Once inside it wasn't too hard to find my keys for the vett. The car doesn't have OnStar (that was an option I didn't want to pay for). On top of them getting my car they got all my camera gear (> $30K worth of lens).

Rocket-J 05-02-2012 06:56 PM

Was told a while back to hide my Vette keys in the house. I have been broke into. Have never lost a car. So sorry it happened to you. These A-Ho's nowadays get away with too much. And if you catch them and hurt them, you go to jail. It's the same as Horse theft to me. Where is the Wild West when we need it. :toetap:

Sidney004 05-02-2012 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Erickson (Post 1580711577)
On top of them getting my car they got all my camera gear (> $30K worth of lens).

Hopefully that covered on your Homeowners policy.

Ken Erickson 05-02-2012 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sidney004 (Post 1580712277)
Hopefully that covered on your Homeowners policy.

Everything is insured but it's more than that - it's the whole experience. Not good. :toetap:

choivette 05-02-2012 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Erickson (Post 1580711577)
He(they) broke a window in the back. Once inside it wasn't too hard to find my keys for the vett. The car doesn't have OnStar (that was an option I didn't want to pay for). On top of them getting my car they got all my camera gear (> $30K worth of lens).

Hope they catch whoever did it. Lots of stuff going on in our neighborhood. At least no one got hurt. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Stop by next time you're driving down the street.

94Ad Blue 05-03-2012 12:04 AM

Terrible.... hope you get her back.

Caboboy 05-03-2012 12:27 AM

Best of luck getting your car back :blueangel:

Ken Erickson 05-03-2012 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by c5autoxracer (Post 1580710771)
How did they get it? Did someone have a spare key? The vehicle is transponder car ony right????

No, they didn't have a spare key. I had both keys. They found the keys while ransacking the place. My thinking is that they knew my habits as my neighbor was hit several months ago while they were out walking just before dark. The wife walked into the house just as they were leaving by another door. When she heard about my encounter she had a panic attack.

I got the impression from the two uniformed officers that showed up that they don't have a clue as to what's going on in the city and are not going to be "beating the bush" to catch the purp's; what with the cut backs in man-power and talks about cutting their (tax payer funded) pensions.

folsomlarry 05-03-2012 10:31 AM

Hope they catch the people and get your items back. I've had two cars stolen and it's not a fun experience. Good luck.

mike925 05-03-2012 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ken Erickson (Post 1580710370)

Fully loaded Z51, nav
After market Z06 wheel
Lic 5XFG138

I'll be out in San Jose today. I'll write down the License and keep my eyes open for a Black Vert with those wheels. Best of luck.

FastGhost 05-03-2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by folsomlarry (Post 1580716858)
Hope they catch the people and get your items back. I've had two cars stolen and it's not a fun experience. Good luck.

You have one up on me Larry. I had one stolen down in SD area and it was never found, maybe it went across the board..

c5autoxracer 05-03-2012 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Erickson (Post 1580715989)
No, they didn't have a spare key. I had both keys. They found the keys while ransacking the place. My thinking is that they knew my habits as my neighbor was hit several months ago while they were out walking just before dark. The wife walked into the house just as they were leaving by another door. When she heard about my encounter she had a panic attack.

I got the impression from the two uniformed officers that showed up that they don't have a clue as to what's going on in the city and are not going to be "beating the bush" to catch the purp's; what with the cut backs in man-power and talks about cutting their (tax payer funded) pensions.

you are right they probabley wont be sending out troops to locate the vehicle. Hopefully CHP that has a 10851 task force will pick up the case and they do go looking plus they have a platte scanner that reads plates as they drive on some of there vehicles so if they pass your car and its in the system it will hit. I realy hope you get the car back and your camera stuff. I am glad to hear you and your family are safe and no one was hurt. Ill keep you in my prayers.

Ken Erickson 05-03-2012 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by c5autoxracer (Post 1580718095)
you are right they probabley wont be sending out troops to locate the vehicle. Hopefully CHP that has a 10851 task force will pick up the case and they do go looking plus they have a Platte scanner that reads plates as they drive on some of there vehicles so if they pass your car and its in the system it will hit. I relay hope you get the car back and your camera stuff. I am glad to hear you and your family are safe and no one was hurt. Ill keep you in my prayers.

The SJPD had a system like that but I was told by the officers that it's no longer working - the company running the server went bankrupt and the city doesn't have the money to get it going again. You would think a system like that it would help the city reduce auto theft. :rofl:

pewter99 05-03-2012 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Erickson (Post 1580715989)

yeah once they kick up to the auto theft guys its outta their hands unless someone sees it while out on patrol.

The plate scanners work great sucks they allowed it to go away