CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Splash Guards (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3052149-splash-guards.html)

Steve2150 05-04-2012 11:19 PM

Splash Guards

Was thinking of ordering the splash guards for my 2011 arctic white coupe 1lt from parts-taxi. Was wondering are they hard to install , do they use existing fasteners or must new screws and holes to attach to the fenders.

vetteright 05-04-2012 11:22 PM

The front ones use existing fasteners (actually you replace the existing ones with slightly larger ones included in the kit). You will need to drill two holes for each of the rears. Very easy to install. A floor jack, a lug wrench, a torque wrench and a drill are all you need.

cmonkey713 05-04-2012 11:29 PM

Easy install. I have done several sets and i have found that it is much easier if you remove the rear wheels for working room. Do a test fit before removing the high bond tape protection strip. Watch the placement on the uppermost part of the piece, Make sure it is aligned perfectly before sticking it down. You only get one shot at this so take your time.:thumbs:

TSLAVette 05-04-2012 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by cmonkey713 (Post 1580732287)
Easy install. I have done several sets and i have found that it is much easier if you remove the rear wheels for working room. Do a test fit before removing the high bond tape protection strip. Watch the placement on the uppermost part of the piece, Make sure it is aligned perfectly before sticking it down. You only get one shot at this so take your time.:thumbs:

I agree ... piece of cake & look great!

R&L's C6 05-04-2012 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by vetteright (Post 1580732234)
The front ones use existing fasteners (actually you replace the existing ones with slightly larger ones included in the kit). You will need to drill two holes for each of the rears. Very easy to install. A floor jack, a lug wrench, a torque wrench and a drill are all you need.

I just installed a set today and actually its four but it's in the wheel well liner and not the quarter panel.

Originally Posted by cmonkey713 (Post 1580732287)

:iagree:

Just Buy It 05-04-2012 11:59 PM

I should have done this when I first got my car. GM should have included them out of the factory. Mine has a bad case of road rash. So who cares! Its car that you love to drive and if you want a mint garage queen the original buyer is the loser.

BOB'S C6 05-05-2012 01:33 AM

That's where I got mine, Real easy install and look great! Very happy with the GM splash guards.:thumbs: