CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] New PB: 441ci C6 Z06 N/A 9000+DA!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/3083081-new-pb-441ci-c6-z06-n-a-9000-da.html)

walhan_qtr 06-27-2012 06:16 AM

New PB: 441ci C6 Z06 N/A 9000+DA!!

just thought I will share this vid of my new PB. Still didnt break into the 10s just yet.... I was close.

My best et was 11.02@128.9 with a sh!tty 1.82 60ft.

~9000DA

From DragTimes.com my corrected numbers are:

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
9.765 @ 144.706 MPH

Extensively Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
10.016 @ 140.902 MPH

not sure how accurate that is....:thumbs:

still figuring things out. managed to pull a 1.74 60ft and a 1.76 but the 1.82 was my best et/trap even though it was actually in a higher DA. the reason is my 1.74 and 1.76 car was knocking and I was at 14-15deg of timing all the way through the whole run. my 1.82 it was a little better at 16-17deg. I think it was mostly due to the heat (it was in the high 80s, low 90s) we adjusted the tune now and its at 19-20deg of timing so It should help a little bit.

clutch feels great. no issues at all. Thanks to Gary for the tip on the cool down between each run. clutch was less grabby which was better. still figuring out tire pressure and launch RPM. only had about four runs that day with 3 11.0 runs. best 60ft to date was a 1.72. best trap was 128.96, and best et is 11.02....

I think I am very close from getting my 10sec slip. I am starting to get better and better with my launch, but it still sucks. I also need to work on my shifting. ever since I broke my first transmission I started to doubt myself and cant shift as fast as I used to. but thats not a big deal from what I have been told and doesn't affect et that much (unless you are really slow lol)

the car def has a 10.8 if not even better... hopefully will be able to get it next week.....

DA is a lot higher from when I get my 11.1 run (6800DA compared to 9000) wish I had the car tuned that day I would have probably gotten my 10sec without a problem :( oh well......

I will start spraying after I get my 10sec slip which I hope will be very SooN:D

Quick Info:

441ci H/C/I C6 Z06
bolt-ons
RPS BC3 clutch
Stock Suspension/ Stock Trans/Diff
only weight reduction is no passenger seat, but with my roll-bar it was basically like a stock Z06.
3265lbs
sh!tty driver :lol:

:cheers:

Edit: the inside vid is for my worst run that day but its the only good inside vid I have. I had a guy asking me how it bogged in the run while it looked like it span on the other vid... so thats why.

also car is only making 490whp uncorrected, its probably even less in those runs.

ZO6er 06-27-2012 09:05 AM

congrats

6Speeder 06-27-2012 09:15 AM

Good job. High DA is a beetch. You'll get your 10.:thumbs:

LS9Drew 06-27-2012 09:59 AM

nice man!

FSTFRC 06-27-2012 10:23 AM

Good driving and great times considering the altitude! Congratulations... I'd like to see what your car would run at one our of local tracks!

Sébast19X 06-27-2012 10:36 AM

Congrats !!! Nice run !!!
Impressive with this ****** DA !!!!

Seb:canadaflag:

06LMBZ 06-27-2012 11:04 AM

Awesome runs

StreetRacingGuy 06-27-2012 11:34 AM

I would think that you should use the extensively modified index in your case (bigger cubes, heads, intake, exhaust, CAI, etc etc etc).

10.015 @ 140.836 MPH

STILL...nearly a 9 at sealevel at great mph (140 is hauling the mail)!

if you could get a 10.8 at similar mph, that would translate to about a 9.80 at sealevel which is on par with the fastest NA Z06 cars around!:thumbs:

meatheadgn 06-27-2012 01:29 PM

Great runs and great video. I raced the LS6 Cobra last Wednesday with UNREAL's Mustang and our DA was about 6800.....9000 ft. really, really sucks.

You should have a 10 sec. slip in no time. The pain of running at high altitude tracks is tough.

I look forward to seeing how it runs with a little shot of sprayed automotive adrenalin.

SilveradoSS500 06-27-2012 02:05 PM

your shifts are fast for sure but practice wrist shifting :cheers:

pit-man 06-27-2012 02:30 PM

Great run man :cheers: Play with the tire pressure & clutch release/throttle to get rid of that little bog. The resulting lower sixty foot will give you 3-5 tenths better ET.

Love the inside camera..hitting the gears really good. :thumbs:

walhan_qtr 06-27-2012 03:31 PM

Thanks everyone.... :thumbs:

Originally Posted by FSTFRC (Post 1581173625)
Good driving and great times considering the altitude! Congratulations... I'd like to see what your car would run at one our of local tracks!

I would love to to run at some of the nice tracks with better air and lower DA. I am seriously thinking about it, but I would like to find a track that is a lot closer than Texas. not sure yet, but will probably be looking for one and probably plan on going next week... we will see

Originally Posted by Sébast19X (Post 1581173716)
Congrats !!! Nice run !!!
Impressive with this ****** DA !!!!

Seb:canadaflag:

I dont know about impressive. but I guess its not too bad. I know I can do better especially knowing that I ran 2 1.7X 60ft in that same day....

walhan_qtr 06-27-2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by StreetRacingGuy (Post 1581174172)
I would think that you should use the extensively modified index in your case (bigger cubes, heads, intake, exhaust, CAI, etc etc etc).

10.015 @ 140.836 MPH

STILL...nearly a 9 at sealevel at great mph (140 is hauling the mail)!

if you could get a 10.8 at similar mph, that would translate to about a 9.80 at sealevel which is on par with the fastest NA Z06 cars around!:thumbs:

oh yea I am def in the Extensive modified N/A engines lol I just copied the whole thing. I really dont know how the correction works. I would think at sea-level things will be a lot different. but I might be wrong. only way to find out is to go and try it I guess :D

Originally Posted by meatheadgn (Post 1581175122)
Great runs and great video. I raced the LS6 Cobra last Wednesday with UNREAL's Mustang and our DA was about 6800.....9000 ft. really, really sucks.

You should have a 10 sec. slip in no time. The pain of running at high altitude tracks is tough.

I look forward to seeing how it runs with a little shot of sprayed automotive adrenalin.

here you only see high 6000 DA in April and October. the rest of the months it will always be between 7500-10000 :(

I told myself I will not start spraying until I get my 10sec slip N/A.... hopefully it will be soon though... I cant wait any longer to see how it will run on some juice:willy::cool:

walhan_qtr 06-27-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500 (Post 1581175456)
your shifts are fast for sure but practice wrist shifting :cheers:

I think I will just stick with this... I tried changing the way I shift and it only made it worse. I know this is not the right way and I tried to follow Rangers method, but again only made it worse...... :ack:

Originally Posted by pit-man (Post 1581175674)
Great run man :cheers: Play with the tire pressure & clutch release/throttle to get rid of that little bog. The resulting lower sixty foot will give you 3-5 tenths better ET.

Love the inside camera..hitting the gears really good. :thumbs:

I am tring but the problem is every day its different. I wish there will be a privet event where I can practice better and record and observe everything. this was just a test and tune and only managed to do about 4 runs (maybe 5 I will have to check) and the next week the car acts different (I think due to the different weather and track prep) and I gotta start all over again.

I am sure if it was someone with more experience he will probably need a run or 2 to figure it out. with me its just kinda luck LOL. I really dont have a lot of experience, and it takes me longer to figure things out especially tire pressure, clutch release and all that... even the burnout!! it seems like the burnout changes everything too. if I do a 2-3 sec burnout it will hook different than doing say 4-5sec burnout. so I need to try and be consistent :( this is really just not for me. I will keep trying but I know I wont be setting any records or anything LOL

one thing I am still fighting is not flooring it asa I let the clutch out. no matter what, I just floor it right away. I know Ranger and some of the fast guys say its wrong but I just cant do it. my instinct says FLOOR IT FLOOR IT lol so yes I still have a lot to deal with... all this is making me:crazy::crazy2:

robz 06-27-2012 05:24 PM

Thought the driving looked good just need more seat time on the launch. Don't change shifting, work on the 60'.I have a house in conifer but never raced out there. At least you can enjoy 'gods country' after a day at the drag strip.
Rangers methods are for stock clutch and stock powered cars.

robz 06-27-2012 05:29 PM

Keep the burnouts short.
Pump the clutch as you go up to the line.
One pass every 25 minutes.
You are dumping clutch too much . Try and ride out a little more and get on the gas a bit sooner. Your car bogged down badly.That will get you in the 1.6x's.
What is your tire pressure?

robz 06-27-2012 05:38 PM

As you figure things out more you need to come up with a standard launch technique that you start with every time. Then on the following passes you can adjust for track conditions, weather, etc. You need to time your burnouts and extend time time between runs. If you keep everything consistent then you will only have to make small changes to account for different days.
You're on the right track.

Sébast19X 06-28-2012 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr (Post 1581176194)
Thanks everyone.... :thumbs:

I would love to to run at some of the nice tracks with better air and lower DA. I am seriously thinking about it, but I would like to find a track that is a lot closer than Texas. not sure yet, but will probably be looking for one and probably plan on going next week... we will see

I dont know about impressive. but I guess its not too bad. I know I can do better especially knowing that I ran 2 1.7X 60ft in that same day....

I would tell impressive for that kind of DA. You gain 28 mp/h in 3.817 sec from 660' to 1320'. At +10 000 DA this kind of gain are impressive !!! IMHO.

Sébast19X 06-28-2012 12:15 AM

9.x sec car for sure at sea level .
:thumbs::canadaflag:

tail_lights 06-28-2012 01:02 AM

Great runs man!!!!! That DA is nassssty!!!! Keep up the good work, that 10 is right around the corner! And no, my buddy still doesn't have his Maxima back yet........

:D