CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   White 427 Vert non 60th pkg a POSER? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3094335-white-427-vert-non-60th-pkg-a-poser.html)

canuck9 07-16-2012 05:16 PM

White 427 Vert non 60th pkg a POSER?

I've been going back and forth about what to order for a 427 Vert later this fall.

Due to pricing, I don't think I'll swing the fully loaded 60th Anniversary pkg with the blue diamond interior etc.

However, I really like the combo of the white with the blue top. I was thinking of ordering that combo with the std wheels, cyber grey headlights and carbon fiber pkg and the two tone light ti/black interior in the 1SA pkg.

While I know the combo would look great, would most folks think I'm trying to imitate the 60th anniversary model? I've never been a fan of those who have Corvette model and try to be something that they are not. In this case, that wouldn't be my intent but the color scheme I like kind of makes it look like I would be.

Let me know your thoughts. My other choice is Torch Red w/ red/black interior, black headlights, red calipers, blk top, std wheels and carbon fiber pkg.

Michael

talon90 07-16-2012 05:20 PM

Get what you want. I've seen the white 427 convertible without the anniversary package and it is an incredible looking car. Poser, not in my opinion.

You won't have the blue interior. You won't have the stripes. You won't have the striped top.

What you will have is an incredible convertible with the 427 powerplant and a great looking ride. If that's what you want, go for it!

3GenVettes 07-16-2012 05:42 PM

I would say no. If that would make you a poser, than would a white Z06 with red interior make you a poser for a Ron Fellows, or would CRM Z06 with Dk Titanium make you a poser for a Will Cooksey? Go for what you like, and don't over think it.

snide 07-16-2012 05:47 PM

You're a poser if you start with a base vert and add 427 badges to it.

AORoads 07-16-2012 05:53 PM

are those both, the white and red, 427 convertibles? if so, how can it be a "poser?" it's the real thing. you didn't drop in an engine, add a badge, or do bodywork, did you?

unless you're saying that if your car doesn't look like the ad or pics, it's a poser. if that's the case, I don't know what to tell you. because if that's so, any 427 convertible in a different color with or without stripes and 60th could be considered a poser, right?

canuck9 07-16-2012 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1581330732)
are those both, the white and red, 427 convertibles? if so, how can it be a "poser?" it's the real thing. you didn't drop in an engine, add a badge, or do bodywork, did you?

unless you're saying that if your car doesn't look like the ad or pics, it's a poser. if that's the case, I don't know what to tell you. because if that's so, any 427 convertible in a different color with or without stripes and 60th could be considered a poser, right?

Thanks for all the feedback...I guess what I was trying to say was would the color combo I pick make me a poser for a 427 Vert with 60th Anniversary Package?

And it sounds like no, which I figured, because in this case its just that the colors are the same...its not like its a Grand Sport Vert with 427 badges on it.

Michael

AORoads 07-16-2012 06:02 PM

"...its not like its a Grand Sport Vert with 427 badges on it."

Now there, I fully agree! :thumbs::cheers: NO matter how you outfit or don't a 427 convertible, it's the real deal, and no poser. My opinion, but I'd say so far everyone on this thread agrees...

laconiajack 07-16-2012 06:07 PM

As we all know the G/S was strongly criticized as being a "poser" car when it came out because it had Z06/ZR1 styling but a lower power to weight ratio than even the base model and yet you bought one. So why start worrying about being a "poser" now? Get what pleases you and to heck what others may think.

bearphoto 07-16-2012 06:11 PM

Get what you want, who give a f about what others think. You know its a real 427 vert so enjoy!

Tally Ho 07-16-2012 06:19 PM

Go for it. It's a 427 convertible and if team Corvette wanted white exclusively for the 60th package, it would not be available for a standard 427. White with the blue top is a nice combo.

Zap City 07-16-2012 06:28 PM

Um, anything with 427 cubes doesn't qualify as poseur in my world.

rcallen484 07-16-2012 06:33 PM

Get EXACTLY what you want for WHATEVER reason you want to get it!!! These are your (not insubstantial) dollars you will be spending, right?

canuck9 07-16-2012 06:37 PM

Thanks for all the feedback...I'm excited about the possibility of ordering one...although I have a line on a sweet Z06 Inferno Orange with carbon fiber pkg, z07 pkg and a few other goodies. Either way, I can't go wrong.

Michael

DonOH 07-16-2012 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by canuck9 (Post 1581330432)
However, I really like the combo of the white with the blue top. I was thinking of ordering that combo with the std wheels, cyber grey headlights and carbon fiber pkg and the two tone light ti/black interior in the 1SA pkg.

I think that package would look great. The engine is the important part.

Racer 07-16-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by laconiajack (Post 1581330843)
As we all know the G/S was strongly criticized as being a "poser" car by morons like myself, when it came out because it had Z06/ZR1 styling but a lower power to weight ratio than even the base model and yet you bought one. So why start worrying about being a "poser" now? Get what pleases you and to heck what others may think.

:iagree:

dvilin 07-16-2012 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by bearphoto (Post 1581330880)
Get what you want, who give a f about what others think. You know its a real 427 vert so enjoy!

gilbybarr 07-16-2012 07:46 PM

Get what you want and forget what others may think.....its your money! Enjoy it.

Zap City 07-16-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laconiajack View Post
As we all know the G/S was strongly criticized as being a "poser" car by morons like myself, when it came out because it had Z06/ZR1 styling but a lower power to weight ratio than even the base model and yet you bought one. So why start worrying about being a "poser" now? Get what pleases you and to heck what others may think.

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1581331261)

I don't want to encourage you, but that is f'n awesome.

jschindler 07-16-2012 09:17 PM

Get it. When you realize it was a mistake, and you can't find anyone else to sell it to, I'll take if off your hands at a very reasonable price ;)

Supersonic 427 07-16-2012 09:18 PM

I wouldn't think you were a poser.....Hell, it's a 427 Convertible get whatever color combo that you want. As stated, you wont be able to get the blue interior without the 60th pkg. However, you could get the 60th pkg without the stripes and get the blue interior. For me, I would go with a white exterior, 1SA, red interior, black top and red calipers and std painted wheels.