CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   My experience with East Coast Supercharger (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3110303-my-experience-with-east-coast-supercharger.html)

douglas4455 08-13-2012 12:10 PM

My experience with East Coast Supercharger

I’ll start from the top. I am currently living in the state of Maryland and in less than a week, I will be driving my 01 C5 to California. In planning for my trip, I have been making necessary repairs to my car. After installing a K&N filter, replacing my old junker, my car started idling bad and would die at stop lights. I decided to take my car up to East Coast Supercharger and see if a tune would fix my problem. Although the only time I was able to make the four hour drive was on the weekend when they were closed, I was told they would be at the shop to help me out. I arrived to meet Doug, who took the time to listen to my story about how I got into this situation with my car. He lifted my hood and started replacing parts with ones they have around the shop. After he did this, and completing the tune on my car, he took it for a drive. Not only did he verify the tune was working, he ran a diagnosis on my car and was able to tell me several other things that I should have done to make my car last longer. He knew that I was leaving and didn’t have the opportunity to have the repairs done at his shop, but wanted to help me as much as possible. After spending around an hour with me on his day off, I expected to be charged an arm and a leg for his expert assistance. Although I’m not at liberty to say exactly what I paid, I will say this: I left feeling like I robbed the place or that I must have known the guy well for him to do me such a favor. His advice and help were just that and no more. After having SO many experiences with shops trying to take all my money while not having superior knowledge of my specific car, I felt the need to acknowledge East Coast Supercharger for going above and beyond in helping me. They have earned a lifelong customer, even if I have to take my car from California to get work done! This is only meant to be a small token of my appreciation as I felt the least I could do is put in a good word. Special thank you to Doug for your help, my car is running great! Good luck on the future of your business!

Sincerely,
Douglas Scott
:flag:

Instigator99 08-13-2012 12:27 PM

It's always a great thing to hear about vendors in this way. Hats off to ECS and have a safe trip!

-Eric

JustinStrife 08-13-2012 01:01 PM

And here I thought this thread would be about a supercharger install. :D

mosimann 08-13-2012 01:08 PM

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

JJBZ06 08-13-2012 01:18 PM

Their Mail-Order Tunes are great! Another big fan here of ECS

CCA Corvette Parts 08-13-2012 01:21 PM

No suprise at all :thumbs:

They are about as good as it gets

Peace
Chip

$$$frumnuttin' 08-13-2012 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JustinStrife (Post 1581558412)
And here I thought this thread would be about a supercharger install. :D

:iagree::D I hope he has a good back for that 2400 mile drive!!!:eek:

davefreeman 08-13-2012 06:59 PM

Good to know!

hdkeno 08-13-2012 07:55 PM

Not surprised...I had my 2000 coupe dyno tuned and had them install a vararam cai last year at Carlisle. Doug, Chris and the rest of the ECS crew are top shelf all the way, and take the time to address all of your concerns,without blowing you off, or acting like you are taking up their time. Ken

DSTURBD 08-13-2012 08:11 PM

More reassuring than you know to hear that there are still pros out there that are still all about the customer/enthusiast and their love of the hobby, than about profits!!!!!! :thumbs: :rock: :cheers: :cool:

That it was the owner himself that showed up to do the work is even more telling as to their commitment to get things right for those of us who love our cars and just want them to be right!!!

When I was wrenching for a living, I got myself in trouble more than once for not being willing to just call it good on something, and even had a few selected individuals come to my house for me to continue to repair their problems as I felt that they had already paid more than enough to get the problem resolved. Suffice it to say that these people were very appreciative of someone being dedicated to fixing their problem!!!

Most people are motivated to pay a fair price for repairs and very thankful when it works out right. However, sometimes that's not how it goes. That is when you find out if your shop is there for you or not!!

If I lived on the east coast, this one post would be enough to make ECS my one and only go-to for any work on my 'Vette!!!!!!! :thumbs:

DSTURBD

Bobd207s 08-13-2012 08:35 PM

Totally agree that the guys from ECS are awesome. I took my 01 down to Carlisle in 2009 to get it tuned by Doug - the tune worked out fantastic - car ran better than ever !! While at Carlisle we had some problems with a dead battery and the guys from ECS couldn't have been more helpful. Hope to get to Carlisle next week to have ECS tune my 04CE

tsts 08-13-2012 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by douglas4455 (Post 1581557896)
I’ll start from the top. I am currently living in the state of Maryland and in less than a week, I will be driving my 01 C5 to California. In planning for my trip, I have been making necessary repairs to my car. After installing a K&N filter, replacing my old junker, my car started idling bad and would die at stop lights. I decided to take my car up to East Coast Supercharger and see if a tune would fix my problem. Although the only time I was able to make the four hour drive was on the weekend when they were closed, I was told they would be at the shop to help me out. I arrived to meet Doug, who took the time to listen to my story about how I got into this situation with my car. He lifted my hood and started replacing parts with ones they have around the shop. After he did this, and completing the tune on my car, he took it for a drive. Not only did he verify the tune was working, he ran a diagnosis on my car and was able to tell me several other things that I should have done to make my car last longer. He knew that I was leaving and didn’t have the opportunity to have the repairs done at his shop, but wanted to help me as much as possible. After spending around an hour with me on his day off, I expected to be charged an arm and a leg for his expert assistance. Although I’m not at liberty to say exactly what I paid, I will say this: I left feeling like I robbed the place or that I must have known the guy well for him to do me such a favor. His advice and help were just that and no more. After having SO many experiences with shops trying to take all my money while not having superior knowledge of my specific car, I felt the need to acknowledge East Coast Supercharger for going above and beyond in helping me. They have earned a lifelong customer, even if I have to take my car from California to get work done! This is only meant to be a small token of my appreciation as I felt the least I could do is put in a good word. Special thank you to Doug for your help, my car is running great! Good luck on the future of your business!

Sincerely,
Douglas Scott

SSShhhhhsh! Stop that! Be quiet. You'll let the secret get out and then everybody and their brother will want to go there for work.

Mike98SilVert 08-13-2012 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Instigator99 (Post 1581558083)
It's always a great thing to hear about vendors in this way. Hats off to ECS and have a safe trip!

:iagree:

Vetteman Jack 08-13-2012 09:39 PM

That is truly some outstanding customer service. :rock:

zipity 08-13-2012 09:51 PM

Doug!?!
I guess he's an okay guy.:leaving:

It's Chris you have to watch out for!!!
Especially with that new car he has!!:woohoo:

:cheers:

Doug has tuned both my LS6 and LS3 motors.

DsC5 08-13-2012 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts (Post 1581558603)
No suprised at all :thumbs:

They are about as good as it gets

Peace
Chip

:iagree::thumbs:

JMBLOWNWS6 08-13-2012 11:20 PM

Did you get a shirt? LOL

ssrallyred 08-14-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by douglas4455 (Post 1581557896)
In planning for my trip, I have been making necessary repairs to my car. After installing a K&N filter, replacing my old junker, my car started idling bad and would die at stop lights.

Sincerely,
Douglas Scott

Ok I just have to ask, did you leave the MAF sensor unplugged after the K&N filter install :D ?

olbear1962 08-14-2012 12:46 AM

Great story, thank you for sharing. Always good to hear good news about good vendors.
Kudos to you and congrat's to another great vendor on the CF.

Ronnie wilkins 08-14-2012 01:31 AM

I am not to far from them. If I have a problem I will contact these guys. You can't beat great service,fair price and knowledge.