CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   LA auto show (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3172843-la-auto-show.html)

elusiv33 11-26-2012 12:02 AM

LA auto show

So I can't find it on the debut lists, but I've been told that the LA auto show is the one to pay attention for corvette fans (wink-wink). Anyone in the area, has got to go and get pics for us.

SBC_and_a_stick 11-26-2012 12:25 AM

I really doubt the C7 will be there. The LT1 probably will, in which case it's worth filibustering the powerterrain guys with questions.

The most exciting for me is the Honda hidden debut car, aka the production NSX.

Z11409 11-26-2012 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by elusiv33 (Post 1582417279)
So I can't find it on the debut lists, but I've been told that the LA auto show is the one to pay attention for corvette fans (wink-wink). Anyone in the area, has got to go and get pics for us.

Jan. 13 at the Detroit show. Jan 11th for some invited quests

mpuzach 11-26-2012 12:33 AM

The C7 is making its debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on January 13th. Fact.

Ltrain925 11-26-2012 03:47 AM

I went to the SF auto show today at the moscon center and talked to a lady ( she worked for GM) there for about 30 minutes about GM and then i asked the c7 question, she immediately said " i can't tell you anything more than you already know" She was around the age of 40-45 and didn't strike me as the BS type. So i said well if you can't tell me details what do you think of it, give me something!! She replied its "out of this world amazing/beautiful, and think it looks like something you would expect a 200k car to look like and feel like interior wise." She has seen it she mentioned but wasn't going to budge any details.

She also mentioned it won't be at the LA auto show this coming week, which i think was obvious. I know this isn't any new info but got me excited when we talked about different brands of cars and i got to know her taste on what she liked and what she didn't, so for her to say that some cars i thought were nice and she didn't made me think well if she is regarding this c7 so highly then... :) and i think i have good taste haha

John T 11-26-2012 07:18 AM

Thanks Lt !

JPJR 11-26-2012 09:31 AM

Well, that's the second "It's beautiful" comment I've heard recently on this forum.
I had about given up hope on the C7, because the more we saw, the more it looked like the Jalopnik drawing...edgy, futuristic, which appeals to some (not me), but definitely not what I'd call beautiful.
Beautiful is a Ferrari, or Aston Martin.

This lady worked for GM, the other comment was from the C7 racing director, so neither are what I would call unbiased opinions.

I am holding out a slim hope that the whole looks much better than these pieces we've seen.

BMWDAD 11-26-2012 10:58 AM

I have a very short list of $55,000 cars to buy in 2013.

1. C7

2. redesigned Cayman

Cayman will be at the LA Auto show Nov 29. I will make my decision on Jan 13. Leaning way to the C7.

prinzSD455 11-26-2012 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ltrain925 (Post 1582417676)
I went to the SF auto show today at the moscon center and talked to a lady ( she worked for GM) there for about 30 minutes about GM and then i asked the c7 question, she immediately said " i can't tell you anything more than you already know" She was around the age of 40-45 and didn't strike me as the BS type. So i said well if you can't tell me details what do you think of it, give me something!! She replied its "out of this world amazing/beautiful, and think it looks like something you would expect a 200k car to look like and feel like interior wise." She has seen it she mentioned but wasn't going to budge any details.

She also mentioned it won't be at the LA auto show this coming week, which i think was obvious. I know this isn't any new info but got me excited when we talked about different brands of cars and i got to know her taste on what she liked and what she didn't, so for her to say that some cars i thought were nice and she didn't made me think well if she is regarding this c7 so highly then... :) and i think i have good taste haha

I was there with 3 three family members/friend who each were interested Porsche, Tesla X(not there) and the othe Audi/CTS-V/ Mercedes AMG. I felt out of place with what they were looking at. I was dissapointed there were only 2 Vettes and the ZR1 was locked up.
I was also dissapointed there was only one real concept car at the Lexus display area. I always looked forward to the concept cars but this year was a bust.

Ltrain925 11-26-2012 03:57 PM

Yea it would have been nice to sit in the ZR1, especially for most people that haven't seen one and up and coming enthusiasts. One thing that really impressed me was how the Infinity g37 line has really stepped up their game. All the audis were probably my favorite cars there but whats up with the underpower? Every S series other than the S8 and maybe 7s all had 420 HP, and the S7 and S8 were high 400 to low 500's. Thats honestly not even high considering what is out there these days, a stock sl550 is 518HP lol, 650ci 400/450. Audi needs to put more power in those i was not impressed with their engine line up.

But back to the C7, this lady though the base c6 was ok and said she would only own a z06, she though camaro was ok but disapointing. So once again for her to say these things that i agree with, her "Beautiful and amazing 200k price tag look" comment is really what is sticking. Her perspective was around most of the perspective that people on these forums have which was nice to relate to.

gabezC4 11-26-2012 06:03 PM

No LA Show

I went to the SF car show as well. Kind of disapointed. Couldn't sit in a lot of new models like the Impala and Focus ST(you would think the manufacturers would want you to sit in the car). No Viper, NSX, GT-R, Mclaren either.

Jinx 11-26-2012 06:04 PM

The San Francisco show has been third-rate for several years now. Still better than the San Jose Motor Trend show, but devoid of current-cycle concepts. Good for seeing non-exotic production cars (sans shift knobs) and sharing germs and not much else.

CRABBYJ 11-27-2012 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jinx (Post 1582422277)
The San Francisco show has been third-rate for several years now. Still better than the San Jose Motor Trend show, but devoid of current-cycle concepts. Good for seeing non-exotic production cars (sans shift knobs) and sharing germs and not much else.

Same with the Philly, PA Show the end of January beginning of February. This in between Detroit and the New York Show in April where The C6 made its appearance in 2004.

I will still go to Philly and hopefully be surprised. At least the food at the Reading Terminal is always a highlight of the day. Love DiNik's Roast Pork sandwich smothered in peppers. :thumbs::flag:

JPJR 11-27-2012 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by BMWDAD (Post 1582419012)

1. C7

2. redesigned Cayman

Cayman will be at the LA Auto show Nov 29. I will make my decision on Jan 13. Leaning way to the C7.

I have yet to see one shot of the C7 that I like.
I did one search for 2013 Cayman, and came back with this rendering.
Right off the bat, I like it.
Looks count A LOT in my book.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qiPJNqzLXB...man-2013-1.jpg

larryfdx 11-27-2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by BMWDAD (Post 1582419012)

1. C7

2. redesigned Cayman

I think you'll have a better chance of liking the C7. I've seen the Cayman already. One site had a spy photo of it and it didn't do anything for me at all. It looks exactly like the new Boxster with that side cove vent, but with the awkward fastback roof. It didn't look to be cohesive. The Boxster is much more attractive. But, as we all know, styling is very subjective and this is just IMHO.
From what I've seen of the C7, it should be more attractive by a mile! Again, IMHO!

JPJR 11-27-2012 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by larryfdx (Post 1582429819)
From what I've seen of the C7, it should be more attractive by a mile! Again, IMHO!

Exactly what have you seen? Anything we haven't seen already?
People that have actually seen it are saying it's beautiful.

I am still holding out hope that somehow, someway, the official reveal will be something that has us saying "thank God Jalopnik was wrong!"

BMWDAD 11-27-2012 03:58 PM

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...TeamSpeed2.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6...9822m1983s.jpg

JPJR 11-27-2012 04:28 PM

Yes, I like that!
I guess I prefer curves to sharp angles and creases.
For similar money, can get mid engine, and DCT, but not the HP of Corvette.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...TeamSpeed2.jpg

BMWDAD 11-27-2012 04:39 PM

The press event is Weds starting at 12:05pm PST and lasting until 12:30pm PST. We will be broadcasting live from the event so you can watch the unveiling by watching our Planet-9 stream from on-site.

Later that night at 8pm they have a Porsche VIP event where they will be showing the public and prospective customers, etc.

Our Feed will be here: USTREAM - You're On - Broadcast Live Streaming Video, Watch Online Events, Chat Live, send a Tweet, follow on Facebook, MySpace, record your Live Shows

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/planet-9

69L79 11-27-2012 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=CRABBYJ ....... I will still go to Philly and hopefully be surprised. At least the food at the Reading Terminal is always a highlight of the day. Love DiNik's Roast Pork sandwich smothered in peppers. :thumbs::flag:[/QUOTE]

:iagree: With the part about the Reading Terminal. :smiliedrool:

Also, I think GM may be dropping the ball with these Auto shows after Detroit. If the C7 is that big of a deal, GM should be showing the C7, in person, to as many people as possible. Not everyone can/will attend the Bash in April.