CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Muscle Car Review Magazine Baldwin Chevelle (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/3188743-muscle-car-review-magazine-baldwin-chevelle.html)

65specialk 12-26-2012 08:12 PM

Muscle Car Review Magazine Baldwin Chevelle

Not a Vett but did anyone see the Baldwin Chevelle article in this months MCR mag?? 71 Chevelle Baldwin car. 23K original miles. Belonged to a very good friend of mine who bought it new. I used to race him with my 70 SCJ Mustang. He sold it in a bad economy and I feel he left a lot of money on the table. . It could have brought much more in a better economy. Why sell it now??? Dont get it??? Dave

TCracingCA 12-28-2012 05:23 AM

I noticed that many with high end cars, think they are recession proof!

I have seen alot of individuals lose their azz. Thus this being a Baldwin Motion and based on it being as rare as it is, probably thought he was going to make a killing or some sell because they need the money. Most humans won't admit to hard times. They will maintain a front. If you have to sell something you love, then it leave a very sick feeling in someone.

BLee 12-28-2012 09:05 AM

I saw a green 70 LS-6 Baldwin Motion Chevelle in Muscle Car Review. I'm guessing it's the same car but you said 71.

65specialk 12-28-2012 09:12 AM

I am not a Chevelle guy but I thought it was a 71?? I will ask him next time I see him. The owner is in the trucking business and may be going through some tough times. I was shocked to hear he sold his baby.

bighouse 12-30-2012 08:27 AM

Its a 70, I have the mag right here. At first I thought it was the same car they featured a few months ago.

Depending on how quickly he needed money (if in fact the case) That is a rare car for a Hemmings ad. That kind of car should have been showcased before it was sold. At least on ebay. It would have been a top seller at any large auction (Mecum, etc).

There are people who base thier entire business on selling cars like that for people who dont want to or do not have the time. Selling that kind of car would start a fight. I hope he got close to what its worth.

Nowhere Man 12-30-2012 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by 65specialk (Post 1582674028)
I am not a Chevelle guy but I thought it was a 71?? I will ask him next time I see him. The owner is in the trucking business and may be going through some tough times. I was shocked to hear he sold his baby.

there is a 71 BM Chevelle on eBay now:cheers:

65specialk 12-30-2012 09:36 AM

I heard what it sold for and feel he left big money on the table. I would have been a buyer since I just sold a high dollar car. He never told anyone he was selling. His car, I guess he can do whatever he wants. Glad to see the new owner is sharing his good fortune with others by showing it in a nationally viewed magazine. They are still out there. I was just told there is another Baldwin Chevelle just 100 miles from me. Story is Dad died, son has car but is battling cancer. A Corvette friend is keeping his eye on this one as it is his neighbors car.

Dave