CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Seems Like Yesterday When I Rushed to Team Chevrolet in Westmont IL... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3195815-seems-like-yesterday-when-i-rushed-to-team-chevrolet-in-westmont-il.html)

Jet Streaming 01-08-2013 05:29 PM

Seems Like Yesterday When I Rushed to Team Chevrolet in Westmont IL...

On launch day for the C5 a Sebring silver coupe in the showroom took the spot light that day. I remember having mixed feelings about the car the doors felt light and flimsy compared to the C4 I was driving. It was a mixed bag of emotions. I did love the huge wide rear end and the fact it had somewhat of a real trunk. I sat on the fence for about a month not knowing if I should order one or not. I called a friend of mine in Oswego IL a small dealer out there in a corn field and asked Carla if they were going to discount the C5. She said Ross my dear I only have ONE Corvette allocated for the whole model year and yes you can have it for $500 over invoice, I almost fainted. It finally arrived in May and the day I picked it up there were no less than 15 people standing around the car like some kind of shrine. I remember first driving it off the lot and thinking it was like driving a solid brick house on wheels compared to my 94 Vert. That was SEVENTEEN years ago, and here we are on the dawn of the seventh generation car already.
Its true im not happy with the direction Chevrolet is taking our iconic car in with this new generation and im still really not as thrilled with my C6 as I was with my many C5s. However I do hope the C7 is a hit for GM and I admit a new Corvette introduction is always exciting I sure hope we are all pleasantly surprised on Sunday Team Corvette. :cheers:

ufaj26 01-08-2013 06:27 PM

nice story! Similar to my situation on the C5 as well. Like you, I'm hoping for a better than we think C7!!!!! :thumbs:

427500 01-08-2013 06:33 PM

Never liked the c5, LOVED the c6, on the fence about the c7 so far.:thumbs:

Racer 01-08-2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming (Post 1582769972)
On launch day for the C5 a Sebring silver coupe in the showroom took the spot light that day. I remember having mixed feelings about the car the doors felt light and flimsy compared to the C4 I was driving. It was a mixed bag of emotions. I did love the huge wide rear end and the fact it had somewhat of a real trunk. I sat on the fence for about a month not knowing if I should order one or not. I called a friend of mine in Oswego IL a small dealer out there in a corn field and asked Carla if they were going to discount the C5. She said Ross my dear I only have ONE Corvette allocated for the whole model year and yes you can have it for $500 over invoice, I almost fainted. It finally arrived in May and the day I picked it up there were no less than 15 people standing around the car like some kind of shrine. I remember first driving it off the lot and thinking it was like driving a solid brick house on wheels compared to my 94 Vert. That was SEVENTEEN years ago, and here we are on the dawn of the seventh generation car already.
Its true im not happy with the direction Chevrolet is taking our iconic car in with this new generation and im still really not as thrilled with my C6 as I was with my many C5s. However I do hope the C7 is a hit for GM and I admit a new Corvette introduction is always exciting I sure hope we are all pleasantly surprised on Sunday Team Corvette. :cheers:

It's true, you have now told us 74 times what you think of the C7. I do understand you a bit more now....you are a fan of the C4......nuff said.

BuddhaZ06 01-08-2013 06:47 PM

C5 he said

Racer 01-08-2013 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by BuddhaZ06 (Post 1582770672)
C5 he said

He owned a C4

rob62 01-08-2013 07:15 PM

Dam you must be old------------------like me.I do remember the commercial.It was good,a silver vette streaking across a dessert being monitored by powerful people.Can anyone find and post?

jw38 01-08-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by rob62 (Post 1582770915)
Dam you must be old------------------like me.I do remember the commercial.It was good,a silver vette streaking across a dessert being monitored by powerful people.Can anyone find and post?

This one?

http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?...5f6bc2186971dc

"It's the next Vette!"

chiefttp 01-08-2013 08:08 PM

Its funny how everyone has different tastes, I remember seeing the C-5 for the first time and thinking it looked like a Mitsubishi 3000, and those stock C-5 rims looked like cheap Japanese truck rims...C-5 is by far my least favorite Vette, I also had a similar experience with the C-6, underwhelming at best until the wide-bodies made the scene and added a little muscle to the feminine lines. This new C-7 has alot of style and more impact than the C-5/6 I predict it will grow on alot of folks out there!!

Jet Streaming 01-08-2013 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by jw38 (Post 1582771278)

Yes and it was directed by a very good friend of mine and fellow Chicago native Andrew Davis he also directed the Fugitive movie.

RC000E 01-08-2013 08:14 PM

I love the C1, love the C2, love the C3, love the C4, love the C5, love the C6 and love the C7!

BlueOx 01-08-2013 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by chiefttp (Post 1582771368)
Its funny how everyone has different tastes, I remember seeing the C-5 for the first time and thinking it looked like a Mitsubishi 3000, and those stock C-5 rims looked like cheap Japanese truck rims...C-5 is by far my least favorite Vette, I also had a similar experience with the C-6, underwhelming at best until the wide-bodies made the scene and added a little muscle to the feminine lines. This new C-7 has alot of style and more impact than the C-5/6 I predict it will grow on alot of folks out there!!

:iagree:But what is different is how much doom and gloom people who don't like it are proclaiming now.

Jet Streaming 01-08-2013 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by jw38 (Post 1582771278)

Yup this is it

RC000E 01-08-2013 09:03 PM

Oh Ross, you're such a f****g hater it's amazing. Your post history defines you easily. Kids and adults admiring your amazing blue Corvette. Always talking how the factory and dealers call you because you're just that important. Get over yourself man.

Order your C7 and shut up already...

BMadden 01-08-2013 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by chiefttp (Post 1582771368)

It is funny how everyone has different tastes because I don't know how anyone can say the C5 is their least favorite 'Vette when you have the '74-'82 and '84-'90 models to compare it against. Sorry to anyone who owns those years, but for me those are most definitely the "dark ages" of the 'Vette.

Now back to the C7 discussion. :leaving:

Jet Streaming 01-08-2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1582771932)
Oh Ross, you're such a f****g hater it's amazing. Your post history defines you easily. Kids and adults admiring your amazing blue Corvette. Always talking how the factory and dealers call you because you're just that important. Get over yourself man.

Order your C7 and shut up already...

And you call me a hater?

Racer 01-08-2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming (Post 1582772108)
And you call me a hater?

You're definitely leading the league in locked threads. Which means one of two things, your threads are repetitive :beatdeadhorse:or down right lame. :ack:

Z06Fiend 01-08-2013 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1582772553)
You're definitely leading the league in locked threads. Which means one of two things, your threads are repetitive :beatdeadhorse:or down right lame. :ack:

Nice! :rofl:

Humy 01-08-2013 10:54 PM

I bought my 97 Sebring Silver coupe from Team Chevrolet in Westmont (now a Nissan dealer or something like that) in early 2001 with 5,500 miles and 12 years later, almost 80K miles I still love her more and more every day and can't stop modding. I might buy a C7 one day, but it will have to be where I have 2 Vettes, I am not nearly over my C5:rock:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-projects.html

Can't wait to see the new C7:cool:

RC000E 01-08-2013 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming (Post 1582772108)
And you call me a hater?

Yeah, you ornery old sob...haha.

Man, you hate here about the C7, hate on the C6...then your thread history your posting about hating the cup holders, hating this, hating that. Then I saw this thread where someone said "what else do you expect from Jet Creaming"...haha...funny stuff. You've been gettin people fired up on this forum for quite some time I see.

Just buy your C7 so I can come drive it you miserable old bastard...