CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Saw it at auto show today (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3201302-saw-it-at-auto-show-today.html)

Ronstar 01-16-2013 07:45 PM

Saw it at auto show today

I wasn't sold on the new vette from the renderings and pictures. I saw the car in person today and it is SMOKING!!!
If you think the tail lights look like a camaro you probably haven't seen them in person. They look like nothing I've seen on ANY car. They are hard to explain and you can't capture the depth and true look with a picture. There are a couple things I would do different if I was chief designer like all the black instead of body color on the back but I could make that statement about every car. Make no mistake...this car screams CORVETTE:flag:. you can't mistake it for anything else. Got too much wrapped up in my current vette to afford one anytime soon but seeing it has got me trying to figure out how I can pull it off:rock:
There was four of us aged 20,40,49,55. All agreed it was awesome. Probably only car we all agreed upon all day

JDMvette7 01-16-2013 07:47 PM

Thanks for posting this. I'm sure the people with no imagination will wake up once they experience it first hand. :thumbs:

keagan 01-16-2013 07:57 PM

Add this one to the positive threads since reveal. The car is great and I am hoping the mods will just put all camaro talk in one super duper merged thread and bury it.

Psydef 01-16-2013 08:20 PM

I can't wait to see the car in person

Mad*Max 01-16-2013 08:26 PM

:lurk:

RJRSW 01-16-2013 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ronstar (Post 1582857323)
There was four of us aged 20,40,49,55. All agreed it was awesome. Probably only car we all agreed upon all day

How many of the four of you will now be putting down the money to order one and actually buying a C7 this year?

I myself really like the new Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible but cannot actually afford to buy one so not much use to Bentley whether I like it or not if I do not buy one.

What auto show were you at today that was open to the public and had a 2014 vette on display?

rcallen484 01-16-2013 08:49 PM

:rock: As I pointed out some time ago (when only insiders had seen it), there has not been a single person who has allegedly seen the C7 in person who has not literally RAVED about it :rock:

z edge 01-16-2013 08:50 PM

Ive been saying the renderings didnt do the car justice based on what we have seen from the videos. And i havent seen it in person - yet - cant wait for that day to arrive.

Aozora 01-16-2013 08:57 PM

Thanks for the report! Can't wait to drive this baby, I completely agree with the black But nothing that can't be fixed with a little paint.

vettelover69 01-16-2013 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ronstar (Post 1582857323)
I wasn't sold on the new vette from the renderings and pictures. I saw the car in person today and it is SMOKING!!!
If you think the tail lights look like a camaro you probably haven't seen them in person. They look like nothing I've seen on ANY car. They are hard to explain and you can't capture the depth and true look with a picture. There are a couple things I would do different if I was chief designer like all the black instead of body color on the back but I could make that statement about every car. Make no mistake...this car screams CORVETTE:flag:. you can't mistake it for anything else. Got too much wrapped up in my current vette to afford one anytime soon but seeing it has got me trying to figure out how I can pull it off:rock:

How did you see it? Are you with the media?

Auto show doesn't open to the public till the 19th.

burtonbl103 01-16-2013 09:53 PM

Awesome

connyv 01-16-2013 09:57 PM

I can't wait for the Chicago auto show in FEB week of 15th I believe...hopefully they will bring one to the show!! I will still wait for the ZO6 though, that is my intention, to trade in my zo6 for a new c7 zo6.

John T 01-16-2013 11:50 PM

I am in Detroit now and spent half the day staring at the C7 . The car appears more GT than before, less purposeful and lean and very much like the Aston Martin DBS. Forget actual dimensions, car looks larger and longer than C6.
I actually like the rear of the car but despised the headlights. They are ultra cheesy and overwrought with mini Christmas bulbs . I find this absurd ! The 2014 M5 nearby had lamps to die for as did the new BMW 4 Series Coupe and the E Mercedes.

Paint and panel finish on Corvette were laser straight and super slick .

C7 always had the largest crowd.

PS. Lutz had 2 Fiskers there with ZR 1 motors !

Jag F - Type reminds me of a larger Honda S2000 - very disappointing

Acura NSX. INCREDIBLE

Although similar in actual size, 991 Porsche looks much smaller.

barry1me 01-16-2013 11:54 PM

I was there also. Very impressed....was hesitent on rear end untill I saw it first hand. Now Im glad I sold my C6 Z06. I want one!

rcallen484 01-16-2013 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by John T (Post 1582859992)
I am in Detroit now and spent half the day staring at the C7 . The car appears more GT than before, less purposeful and lean and very much like the Aston Martin DBS. Forget actual dimensions, car looks larger and longer than C6.
I actually like the rear of the car but despised the headlights. They are ultra cheesy and overwrought with mini Christmas bulbs . I find this absurd ! The 2014 M5 nearby had lamps to die for as did the new BMW 4 Series Coupe and the E Mercedes.

Paint and panel finish on Corvette were laser straight and super slick .

C7 always had the largest crowd.

Although similar in actual size, 991 Porsche looks much smaller.

Thanks for your honest appraisal of what you saw with your own 2 eyes. Did you get a chance to look at the interior and the engine compartment?

rcallen484 01-16-2013 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by barry1me (Post 1582860008)
I was there also. Very impressed....was hesitent on rear end untill I saw it first hand. Now Im glad I sold my C6 Z06. I want one!

Thanks. What impressed you most? Do the photos accurately convey the complexity of the tail light structure?

John T 01-17-2013 12:04 AM

Edit did not go well- Porsche 991 looks much smaller than C7

Could not see engine compartment but there were engines on display

Red Z51 C7 was up on the wall !

Very cool cut out "cockpit" with interior display and yes, interior is very attractive.

Door open on dark gray car with saddle interior but could not access.

Polyphony simulator in another room

John T 01-17-2013 12:07 AM

Tail lights are very slick, especially when on......reminds me a little bit like a fire on the bottom of lens

Camaro headlights are much more simplistic and attractive

John T 01-17-2013 12:10 AM

Rear view of car has a light " race car " look .

Front grille is handsome. Very disappointed with headlights

Snorman 01-17-2013 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by RJRSW (Post 1582858063)
How many of the four of you will now be putting down the money to order one and actually buying a C7 this year?

I myself really like the new Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible but cannot actually afford to buy one so not much use to Bentley whether I like it or not if I do not buy one.

What auto show were you at today that was open to the public and had a 2014 vette on display?

So his opinion isn't valid unless he's buying a C7? How's that work?

It's funny how some of you are not only apparently agitated by what GM did with the C7, but you're agitated by people who like it.
:lol:
And today and tomorrow are "industry day" at the NAIAS. Typically, dealers (and those in the "industry") can get passes, just like they do at the NYIAS.
S.