CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california-45/)
-   -   ARP (Automotive Racing Products)/Hozy’s Grill Santa Paula Ca.- California Stingrays (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/3211771-arp-automotive-racing-products-hozyis-grill-santa-paula-ca-california-stingrays.html)

Tod M Elliott 02-02-2013 08:27 PM

ARP (Automotive Racing Products)/Hozy’s Grill Santa Paula Ca.- California Stingrays

Earlier this week I spoke with Chris (the PR) at ARP in Santa Paula Ca. and questioned him about the possibilities of a group tour of the ARP plant facilities. I explained to Chris that as many in our group use the ARP products there is a very high possibility several of us would be interested to see how, and where our purchases are produced. Chris was very open and informative about the idea; he also stated that pending the size and timing of our group, it is very possible that ARP would be willing to accommodate us. Also located at the same location as ARP is Hozy’s Grill, a restaurant owned by Gary Holzapfel (The owner of ARP) being as there are no nearby eateries in the area, Gary constructed this restaurant specifically for the ARP employees to enjoy during breaks. So, a free Saturday tour (cruise in) of the ARP facilities then a buy your own lunch at Hozy’s Grill located just next door.
Now, with all this being said, my question would be; With this event being open to all class corvettes, do we have enough interest from our group for me to continue pursuing this activity or should I find other activities to occupy my time?

imariver 02-03-2013 08:20 AM

I'm in, just let me know the date. I also have two brother-in-laws, one has a C4, the other has a C5, I'll check with them.

Tod M Elliott 02-03-2013 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by imariver (Post 1583020656)
I'm in, just let me know the date. I also have two brother-in-laws, one has a C4, the other has a C5, I'll check with them.

Righteous!:thumbs:

Tod M Elliott 02-03-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by CA_WxMan

I'd love to go, but I'd have to drive my truck.
The corvette is stripped down to the bare glass and I'm busy doing repairs to all of Bubba's earlier bodywork.

I'd like to get it painted by mid-spring, but we'll have to see how busy my work keeps me and how much time I have to actually put into the car.

Simply belonging to the forum works for me, drive your truck, your vette or your grandmothers 81 pinto station wagon, who cares. My thoughts behind this are nothing more than getting some forum members together, make some new friends and learn about a product that we all have or will eventually use at one point or another on one of our projects.

doveboat 02-03-2013 11:33 PM

I would be interested, let us know the date when you nail it down

Ed

imariver 02-04-2013 07:43 AM

Simply belonging to the forum works for me, drive your truck, your vette or your grandmothers 81 pinto station wagon, who cares. My thoughts behind this are nothing more than getting some forum members together, make some new friends and learn about a product that we all have or will eventually use at one point or another on one of our projects.

Run-what-ya-brung !!:thumbs: :D

imariver 02-05-2013 07:57 AM

Just to clarify . . . . This event is for ANYBODY! All tod needs is a certain number of people, you don't even have to bring your cars. Anybody that's interested in Automotive racing Products. No charge, bum a ride with someone else.

date is TBD

Tod M Elliott 02-05-2013 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by doveboat (Post 1583027581)
I would be interested, let us know the date when you nail it down

Ed

:thumbs:

Rookieracer 02-05-2013 12:01 PM

Count me in.

TORCH_REDZ06 02-05-2013 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rookieracer (Post 1583039875)
Count me in.

+ 2 :thumbs:

Tod M Elliott 02-05-2013 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by TORCH_REDZ06 (Post 1583040838)
+ 2 :thumbs:

:thumbs:

We are getting closer!

95ZR1 02-06-2013 12:44 AM

Interested

Tod M Elliott 02-06-2013 08:57 AM

I’m working on a head count of forum members that may be interested for the ARP tour. When we get enough members interested we can work to get a date established.

1 Rookieracer
2 Doveboat
3 imariver + 2
4 CA Wxman
5 CA-Legal-Vette
6 Myself + 2
7 95ZR1
8 TORCH REDZO6 + 2

Stingray R 02-10-2013 09:34 PM

I in

Originally Posted by Tod M Elliott (Post 1583047603)
I’m working on a head count of forum members that may be interested for the ARP tour. When we get enough members interested we can work to get a date established.

1 Rookieracer
2 Doveboat
3 imariver + 2
4 CA Wxman
5 CA-Legal-Vette
6 Myself + 2
7 95ZR1
8 TORCH REDZO6 + 2

9 TR vet

Stingray R 02-15-2013 09:02 PM

9 TR vet