CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   Are some of you running Turbo using Brake Booster? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/3215407-are-some-of-you-running-turbo-using-brake-booster.html)

Icevettez06 02-09-2013 12:40 PM

Are some of you running Turbo using Brake Booster?

I´m thinking about adding brake booster. Brake has kind of slow response after VOT. What are you using for this those of you which have done some mod on the brake?

NICK YOSKIN 02-09-2013 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Icevettez06 (Post 1583076917)
I´m thinking about adding brake booster. Brake has kind of slow response after VOD. What are you using for this those of you which have done some mod on the brake?

Are you having power assistance issues with brakes? What kpa does your car idle?

Icevettez06 02-10-2013 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN (Post 1583080469)
Are you having power assistance issues with brakes? What kpa does your car idle?

KPA is 45 at idle. Brake work fine in normal driving. This is only after let’s say I hit it hard at the throttle 2 or 3 gear and then I hit the brake really hard then the brake do not kick in as hard as they should do or much worse than they did on me older 2002 Z06. KPA after run drops to 17 and it takes 2 sek to get back to 45. Brakes work fine at the track but I don´t hit them hard after the run. But at the street when you need to be able to stop quickly after smoking the tire you need them to kick in really fast.

http://scandc.com/new/node/712

07MontRedcp 02-10-2013 11:54 AM

I'm wondering if it has something to do with your BOV having a little lag and you are hitting the brakes before it has recovered from venting the boost.

BJK

Icevettez06 02-11-2013 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp (Post 1583084417)
I'm wondering if it has something to do with your BOV having a little lag and you are hitting the brakes before it has recovered from venting the boost.

BJK

I pretty sure that this is boost related and it have to do with recover time from going from boost to no boost. I would have thought more people have same issue.

narfdanarf 02-11-2013 06:50 AM

Would you be willing to make a little one line diagram and post it how and where you have each vacuum line hooked up? Most importantly the brake booster and any lines tapped off of it.

Icevettez06 02-11-2013 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by narfdanarf (Post 1583091282)
Would you be willing to make a little one line diagram and post it how and where you have each vacuum line hooked up? Most importantly the brake booster and any lines tapped off of it.

I believe that all is stock except APS c6 turbo kit. I will take closer look at the Brake booster lines to night.

RoadRebel 02-11-2013 08:14 AM

replace the brake booster check valve with a new OEM GM and try it again.

07MontRedcp 02-11-2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Icevettez06 (Post 1583091077)
I pretty sure that this is boost related and it have to do with recover time from going from boost to no boost. I would have thought more people have same issue.

Exactly, and the BOV is what does that. When you lift on the throttle, the BOV senses that and opens to release the boost that has built up in the intake manifold and all vacuum lines that are not protected by a one way check valve. As for me, I have never slammed on the brakes in that manner.

BJK

Icevettez06 02-12-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by narfdanarf (Post 1583091282)

All seams stock except there is one tube from manifold to the BOV on both sides.

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp (Post 1583092498)
Exactly, and the BOV is what does that. When you lift on the throttle, the BOV senses that and opens to release the boost that has built up in the intake manifold and all vacuum lines that are not protected by a one way check valve. As for me, I have never slammed on the brakes in that manner.

BJK

I think that is the case that this is the time it take for the BOV relies the build psi. I did cheek the one way valve in the brake air drum and it seems fine. So what is the best way to fix this? New BOV?, Brake booster or drive slower and live with this!! :smash:

07MontRedcp 02-12-2013 11:49 AM

Just a thought here. I checked your profile and your quarter mile numbers. Could it be that you need to upgrade to bigger BOVs to vent the boost faster?

BJK

Icevettez06 02-13-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp (Post 1583102792)
Just a thought here. I checked your profile and your quarter mile numbers. Could it be that you need to upgrade to bigger BOVs to vent the boost faster?

BJK

That is interesting. I´m still using stock BOV and bigger turbo. I think APS C6 BOV is not the same as APS ZO6 kit have. Any other turbo experts out there have opinion on this?

07MontRedcp 02-13-2013 11:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Icevettez06 (Post 1583110080)
That is interesting. I´m still using stock BOV and bigger turbo. I think APS C6 BOV is not the same as APS ZO6 kit have. Any other turbo experts out there have opinion on this?

Here are pictures of the C6 APS waste gate (Blue Hose) and the Z06 APS waste gate (Black hose). Notice the difference in size.

BJK

Icevettez06 02-14-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp (Post 1583111777)
Here are pictures of the C6 APS waste gate (Blue Hose) and the Z06 APS waste gate (Black hose). Notice the difference in size.

BJK

I will look in to this. Thank you for your effort and input.:thumbs: