CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   ** ECS supercharger system belt swap video ** (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/3238459-ecs-supercharger-system-belt-swap-video.html)

DOUG @ ECS 03-20-2013 01:55 PM

** ECS supercharger system belt swap video **

We have put together a belt install video for those who may not have done this before, I hope it saves some of you some time. :thumbs:

We took the video from both ways the belt can be swapped, if you have a lift or jack and stands you do not need to remove the center charge tube as we did in this video.

If you do not have a lift or jack available to you, you can simply remove the center upper charge tube and the belt can be completely replaced from up top.

The ECS supercharger systems do not require removal of the head unit or other major components to swap out a belt or even a head unit pulley, and the job can be completed in minutes.

DOUG @ ECS 03-20-2013 01:55 PM

We also plan to take each section of our supercharger kit instructions and put them into video form for those of you (like myself) who do not like to read instructions.

They will be broken down into stages of the install so if your just having trouble with one part of the install, you can find that particular section and watch how the guys who install a few of these kits each week do it.

DOUG @ ECS 03-21-2013 09:25 AM

One thing that was brought to my attention, guys who have the NOVI 2000 or 2500 head units have different brackets then what is in this video.

This video covers NOVI 1200-1500-2200-and the YSI head units

Instead of a swing arm for the idler under the head unit pulley you will have a long bolt that pulls the idler in. Same directions otherwise, just thread the bolt in or out.

:thumbs:

2003VETT 03-21-2013 09:46 AM

Come do mine like that!

DOUG @ ECS 03-21-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by 2003VETT (Post 1583421522)
Come do mine like that!

Your on the "I change my belt every 500 passes" plan, why change now. :lol:

Lloyd Christmas 03-21-2013 10:10 AM

Can I swap belts on my A&A kit the same way?

2003VETT 03-21-2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS (Post 1583421542)
Your on the "I change my belt every 500 passes" plan, why change now. :lol:

Only if I have to... Now with the eight rib, I think 750 is the number..:rofl:

DOUG @ ECS 03-21-2013 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas (Post 1583421718)
Can I swap belts on my A&A kit the same way?

That would require either removing the entire head unit, or the tensioner assembly depending on when your kit was made, so no unfortunately. It would be a fair amount longer to swap your belt.

Arun@Dasilvamotorsports 03-21-2013 10:38 AM

SWEET!

Check your phone buddy!

:cheers:

Arun@Dasilvamotorsports 03-21-2013 11:01 AM

Our tech's at the shop love the setup-belts are a breeze to put on and pulleys can be swapped with ease.

The tensioner that ECS uses allowed us to use 3.25" pulley on a 6 rib with no slip.

Very nicely thought out setup.

DOUG @ ECS 03-21-2013 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Arun@Dasilvamotorsports (Post 1583422196)
Our tech's at the shop love the setup-belts are a breeze to put on and pulleys can be swapped with ease.

The tensioner that ECS uses allowed us to use 3.25" pulley on a 6 rib with no slip.

Very nicely thought out setup.

Thanks Arun, that means a lot to us buddy. :cheers:

I think we should have made these video's a long time ago because the amount of people calling in the last day for just brackets is honestly surprising. (thank you!)

If you have a competitors brackets and wish to switch to ours, we finished a picture diagram of how to swap just the brackets to the ECS design while keeping the rest of your system.
Head unit clocking, what to trim etc, it's a pretty straight forward swap.

Arun@Dasilvamotorsports 03-21-2013 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS (Post 1583425773)
Thanks Arun, that means a lot to us buddy. :cheers:

I think we should have made these video's a long time ago because the amount of people calling in the last day for just brackets is honestly surprising. (thank you!)

If you have a competitors brackets and wish to switch to ours, we finished a picture diagram of how to swap just the brackets to the ECS design while keeping the rest of your system.
Head unit clocking, what to trim etc, it's a pretty straight forward swap.

U have made a disbeliever a believer-not to mention no need to upgrade if you want to go to a 8 rib-already done.

10 rib is about the only option.

69ls6 03-21-2013 10:25 PM

I would love to have one of these brackets..

DOUG @ ECS 03-22-2013 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Arun@Dasilvamotorsports (Post 1583427661)
U have made a disbeliever a believer-not to mention no need to upgrade if you want to go to a 8 rib-already done.

10 rib is about the only option.

Keep an eye out for a 14 rib system coming soon for a new Vortech head unit... :eek::rock:

Thanks again Arun, your a pleasure to work with. :cheers:

2003VETT 03-22-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by 69ls6 (Post 1583427841)

So would I...:D

Arun@Dasilvamotorsports 03-22-2013 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by 69ls6 (Post 1583427841)

Maybe time for a group purchase?

:D

ZO6ME 03-22-2013 06:57 PM

Watched the video. So I pull the motor first then release the tensioner right? Just kidding. Can't wait for the new set up. Thanks Arun and ECS.,

DOUG @ ECS 03-22-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Arun@Dasilvamotorsports (Post 1583434056)

We have ramped up production dramatically and also took over another warehouse facility just for the manufacturing of our kits, so we are ready!!

We have new kits coming for even greater HP, and a stage 1 kit on it's way to be comparable to others in the market place. However they will be roughly a $1,000 less expensive then where the others are now.:eek::yesnod:

Yet you will be able to upgrade to what will be our "signature series kit" (our base kit now) for basically the price difference between the two besides the head unit. So those not looking to make over 600rwhp will be able to get into a kit at a very reasonable price while still having our brackets-intercooler etc that comes in the base kit now. Same parts that power our eight second builds.

Big things are on the way guys, we are working very diligently here at ECS! :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks to you guys!! :cheers:

Oh and dealers/distributors, we have thought greatly about you as well. We are aware that we did not have the margins in our kit as high as some others due to how much we put into our kits. That has changed as well so please give us a call if your interested. Our bulk purchasing/manufacturing is being passed along to you guys frankly.

69ls6 03-22-2013 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Arun@Dasilvamotorsports (Post 1583434056)

Sounds good to me. Maybe ecs parts will make me go faster. :thumbs:

golfinz 03-22-2013 11:06 PM

When I had my old ecs driven z, belt changes didnt take more than 15 minutes. Great setup Doug!! Wish I could talk myself back into a supercharged setup....