CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars-24/)
-   -   New Viper at drag strip Times vs Vette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/3259528-new-viper-at-drag-strip-times-vs-vette.html)

skank 04-24-2013 07:13 PM

New Viper at drag strip Times vs Vette

This video and short article shows the new Viper at the strip and compares times with the ZR1 and Mustang GT 500. Food for thought against C7 projected times.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/24/2...a-t/#continued

Drumhawk 04-24-2013 07:37 PM

The Viper wins but costs almost double the price compared to a C7. :smash:

jackhall99 04-24-2013 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by skank (Post 1583728525)
This video and short article shows the new Viper at the strip and compares times with the ZR1 and Mustang GT 500. Food for thought against C7 projected times.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/24/2...a-t/#continued

I'm trying to understand the point of this. The Viper's 'equal', the ZR1, generally beats the Viper in all regards. There is no expectation in any arena that the base C7 will, or should, perform equally with the Viper. :cheers:

Trackaholic 04-26-2013 05:08 AM

The Viper seemed to bog @ launch in the video. Pretty grippy tires to do that with a 5.5K RPM "launch control" mode. Looks like a simple clutch dump won't lead to the best times with the setup being used.

Still, pretty dang impressive car, and looks just beautiful.

-T

NytmereZ 04-27-2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Drumhawk (Post 1583728744)
The Viper wins but costs almost double the price compared to a C7. :smash:

Oh no not that excuse again:leaving:, then don't mention the two in the same sentence until performance model c7's are made.

NytmereZ 04-27-2013 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1583728837)
I'm trying to understand the point of this. The Viper's 'equal', the ZR1, generally beats the Viper in all regards. There is no expectation in any arena that the base C7 will, or should, perform equally with the Viper. :cheers:

Don't know what you are talking about, Viper has already beat the Zr1, in road race and 1/4, or are you still counting the 2 weeks the ZR1 beat the viper mule.

Also don't forget that the ZR1 isn't made anymore, compare cars that are in production.

NytmereZ 04-27-2013 11:31 AM

Again... 1 test , and yes this car is a mule and almost rips off a 10, it will run 10's give it more than one test, somebody will bring it to MIR and go deep in the 10's.

Do t know why people just can't give a car it's due, corvette is a great car, but its massed produced, the viper will always be the more rare desirable car period.

juiceman03070 04-30-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by NytmereZ (Post 1583750743)
Again... 1 test , and yes this car is a mule and almost rips off a 10, it will run 10's give it more than one test, somebody will bring it to MIR and go deep in the 10's.

Do t know why people just can't give a car it's due, corvette is a great car, but its massed produced, the viper will always be the more rare desirable car period.

Dodge over its entire life span has always been a low budget ,bar basic , cheap to build ..ZERO FOR RESALE VALUE ..
Take a real trip to an open SCCA t5rack time and the only thing the viper out runs is the sweeper macine ..
Lo budget built in my garage type Mustang's tear their azzzes up ...:thumbs:

NytmereZ 05-01-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by juiceman03070 (Post 1583778825)
Dodge over its entire life span has always been a low budget ,bar basic , cheap to build ..ZERO FOR RESALE VALUE ..
Take a real trip to an open SCCA t5rack time and the only thing the viper out runs is the sweeper macine ..

Hahahahahha low budget , another person without a clue, go to the Connor plant, also its not a dodge, resale value drops on any vehicle , but 1996 vipers still are priced the same as 2006 Z06's, mine as many corvettes fall off a cliff when it comes to resale .

NocarbutaVetteforme 05-01-2013 10:30 AM

You may want to get online and order a clue because you have none now. You may want to check resale values of C4-C6 Corvettes. As stated by NytmereZ, Viper's tend to hold their value extremely well.

NocarbutaVetteforme 05-01-2013 10:33 AM

And as for that part, well I bet those same low budget garage mustangs are getting lapped by Corvettes and Vipers. In fact, that Mustang won't be on the same lap.

PDCjonny 05-01-2013 10:39 AM

How embarrassing.

ZEEEE06 05-01-2013 11:25 AM

QUOTE=juiceman03070;1583778825]Dodge over its entire life span has always been a low budget ,bar basic , cheap to build ..ZERO FOR RESALE VALUE ..
Lo budget built in my garage type Mustang's tear their azzzes up ...:thumbs:[/QUOTE]:crazy2:

juiceman03070 05-01-2013 03:38 PM

You guys should start your own forum and just keep on telling yourselves these jokes ...AND HALF TRUTHS ...:worthlessnopics:

juiceman03070 05-01-2013 03:42 PM

Check out the other Viper thread and read from the Viper owners of dropping 30K IN 18 MONTHS ....WOW WHAT A LOSER THAT DEAL WAS ...:leaving:

NytmereZ 05-01-2013 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=juiceman03070;1583787669]Check out the other Viper thread and read from the Viper owners of dropping 30K IN 18 MONTHS ....WOW WHAT A LOSER THAT DEAL WAS ...:leaving:[/

I take it you got azz raped by a viper, or went to a car show, and nobody looked at your car .
Corvettes are great cars, just not viper territory, I own both 30k in 18 months tells me the car has been hit, if a viper loses 30k in that short period do time , then the corvette loses 60, you are absolutely clueless

NytmereZ 05-01-2013 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1583728837)

I'm trying to understand the buttplug you have for an avatar :ack:

NocarbutaVetteforme 05-02-2013 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by juiceman03070 (Post 1583787635)
You guys should start your own forum and just keep on telling yourselves these jokes ...AND HALF TRUTHS ...:worthlessnopics:

I really think that you should probably crawl out from under the rock you have been hiding under. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to cars.:lol:Sometimes people should learn more and speak/type less. You may want to go out to some actual tracks and see actual cars running on tracks before you say things that will only discredit and embarrass yourself.

PS: On another note, love your quote about Ho Chi Minh City. Too many people have forgotten or chosen to not remember. And while we may disagree on cars, I being a veteran myself, will always honor/salute my fellow veteran.

juiceman03070 05-03-2013 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by NocarbutaVetteforme (Post 1583793334)
I really think that you should probably crawl out from under the rock you have been hiding under. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to cars.:lol:Sometimes people should learn more and speak/type less. You may want to go out to some actual tracks and see actual cars running on tracks before you say things that will only discredit and embarrass yourself.

PS: On another note, love your quote about Ho Chi Minh City. Too many people have forgotten or chosen to not remember. And while we may disagree on cars, I being a veteran myself, will always honor/salute my fellow veteran.

Its always fun to be the Devils Advocate ......Thanks for the kind words ..never forget ...:flag::flag: