CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-parts-for-sale-wanted-55/)
-   -   FS 1984 Distributor shield,NOS. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-parts-for-sale-wanted/3266379-fs-1984-distributor-shield-nos.html)

Z51JEFF 05-06-2013 02:50 PM

FS 1984 Distributor shield,NOS.

This is an 84 only part and is not reproduced.$125.[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...M/DSCN0505.jpg[/IMG]

kevakasper 05-07-2013 07:20 AM

PM sent, first in line

kevakasper 05-25-2013 06:49 AM

Scam?

I put you in touch with my brother in law about this part. You wanted payment by check and said you would ship when check cleared. You cashed his check and it cleared his account on 5/14. You will not respond to his e mails so I am putting this out here. Part or refund.
Communication is key to avoid these types of situations. I hope it is a simple case of miscommunication. His name and address were on the check he sent you, so You had that. You cashed his check, so you got the funds for the part. Now it is up to you to provide a tracking number or send the part if you haven't. If you lost his info you have mine in the PM I sent you.
Waiting for your reply.
PM sent.

kevakasper 05-25-2013 08:51 AM

TTT, I am going to keep this at the top until the OP responds

WVZR-1 05-25-2013 09:28 AM

I'm really surprised that you "seem" to be having an issue with Jeff, I've seen him post and sell many times and I've never heard bad previously. I wouldn't hesitate a bit with a purchase from Jeff. I've exchanged and I've seen him do "pay it forwards" and he participates here frequently.

You mentioned "scam" and you mention he's not communicated. I wouldn't be concerned about the "scam" aspect and "cashing" a check and "clearing" a bank are distinctly different issues. Jeff's a "left-coast" person and I don't know that I'd be concerned quite yet that I didn't have it in hand.

I'd relax just a bit and I'd think all will be well!

From a financial web-site:

***** If the check is a low-risk item (SSI, disability, most payroll checks) usually 3-5 business days. If the your account is a high risk account or the check is high risk (personal checks, cashier checks or money orders received from people you don't know) I would wait 10 business days. Checks usually clear within 3-5 business days, but banks usually don't find out if they bounce until 2-3 weeks after that. I used to have to process all the NSFs and returns, and most people don't realize that even with electronic processing, to find out if the check is bad CAN take awhile.

Z51JEFF 05-25-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by kevakasper (Post 1583987184)
TTT, I am going to keep this at the top until the OP responds

First off,I have received no emails from anybody,including your brother-in law.I told you money order or check.Money order it ships right away,personal check I sit on it for 10 days.I cashed the check on 5-14,its 5-25 so Im off by a day,I didint call the bank everyday checking to see if the check has cleared.People know Im not a scumbag scammer,not like the POS in Florida.Your part will ship on Tuesday.See your P.M.s

Go Johnny 05-25-2013 11:57 AM

Just looking for a little communication here.

:flag:

Originally Posted by WVZR-1 (Post 1583987401)
I'm really surprised that you "seem" to be having an issue with Jeff, I've seen him post and sell many times and I've never heard bad previously. I wouldn't hesitate a bit with a purchase from Jeff. I've exchanged and I've seen him do "pay it forwards" and he participates here frequently.

You mentioned "scam" and you mention he's not communicated. I wouldn't be concerned about the "scam" aspect and "cashing" a check and "clearing" a bank are distinctly different issues. Jeff's a "left-coast" person and I don't know that I'd be concerned quite yet that I didn't have it in hand.

I'd relax just a bit and I'd think all will be well!

From a financial web-site:

***** If the check is a low-risk item (SSI, disability, most payroll checks) usually 3-5 business days. If the your account is a high risk account or the check is high risk (personal checks, cashier checks or money orders received from people you don't know) I would wait 10 business days. Checks usually clear within 3-5 business days, but banks usually don't find out if they bounce until 2-3 weeks after that. I used to have to process all the NSFs and returns, and most people don't realize that even with electronic processing, to find out if the check is bad CAN take awhile.

Communication goes a long way...:flag: thanks for the above information. Much appreciated. Have a great weekend w/ many miles driven.

kevakasper 05-25-2013 01:27 PM

Now that that is resolved everyone have a good weekend. Thank you for the reply and clearing this up. My brother in law, Go Johnny was getting worried and his wife was giving him grief about the transaction.
I can only go by what each side tells me. :thumbs: