CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   GMPP News (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3275138-gmpp-news.html)

CeYaBye 05-21-2013 11:05 AM

GMPP News

Well as of now not only are all dealers done selling GMPP's in Florida but now California and Maryland. GMPP is to be sold by a dealer licensed in the State of California only and GMPP must be incidental to the sale or lease of the vehicle. In other words you must buy the GMPP on day of purchase of your vehicle or you will be unable to get one. Internet sales of GMPP to California customers are not allowed.

This is the exact email I just got from GMPP so to my thousands of great friends and customers of GMPP purchases over the years in California we will still be friends but no longer customers.

For all of you wanting GMPP quotes in other states from this point forward I will need the VIN, Exact Miles and state you are in. There are state specific requirements that I need to send to you and then you have to sign a letter and send back to me for my file stating you understand these requirements.

dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com

406-628-4618, Ext 105

Boozman 05-21-2013 11:10 AM

That really sucks.

DustyDan 05-21-2013 12:40 PM

This is terrible. Apparently GMPP doesn't realize that their Chevy dealers are selling 3rd party insurance policies instead of theirs.

They wonder why this company in Montana is selling 80% of all GMPP policies.

My experience with you was 100% positive. Maybe my next Vette will be from Montana !

CeYaBye 05-21-2013 12:51 PM

Apparently it is each State doing this, State regulators have gotten heat from dealer associations and dealers themselves about the internet sales of GMPP's. Is all I have to say is they should get competitive and try not to as they said in the old days take everyone to the cleaners, I just treated all my customers fairly and still made a profit on each sale.

GOLD72 05-21-2013 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by CeYaBye (Post 1583955457)
Apparently it is each State doing this, State regulators have gotten heat from dealer associations and dealers themselves about the internet sales of GMPP's. Is all I have to say is they should get competitive and try not to as they said in the old days take everyone to the cleaners, I just treated all my customers fairly and still made a profit on each sale.

:iagree: My family has bought five GMPPs from you Dennis so far in Texas.

Blue Demon Owner 05-21-2013 01:09 PM

To Dennis:

Thank you very much, Dennis, for my recent renewal of my GMPP for another 3 years and 30,000 miles. I will now have coverage until she hits 101,000+ miles. I am very sorry that GM has done this, you have always provided very fair prices and outstanding service to your clients. I am just very glad I came in under the wire!

I hope all goes well for you in the future!

Rick

fishingdan 05-21-2013 01:23 PM

I bought my GMPP from you in '03 and several years later stopped by your dealership for an oil change during a cross country trip. Always courteous and dependable service. I had hoped to buy GMPP from you on my next GM purchase.

cuspid 05-21-2013 01:34 PM

I'm in Florida, I'm done buying them. I won't pay over $2000 instate.

burneyr 05-21-2013 02:18 PM

Damn, I wanted to buy right at the one year in-service date of my car. I'm out of luck being a FL resident...

Then again, maybe I could apply as a Georgia resident using a family member's address and move?

:D

Gearhead Jim 05-21-2013 02:20 PM

Possible work-arounds:

If the car was purchased from Fichtner Chevrolet (hey, their prices are good) by a FL/CA/MD person, could the GMPP be purchased at the same time? Or later?

Or, if a someone from FL/CA/MD stopped by in person at Fichtners, after buying the car at home, could they buy the GMPP in person in MT?

pokerpro 05-21-2013 04:21 PM

This must be very recent because I just bought my second GMPP plan a few months ago from a Chev dealer here in FL.

Dendk 05-21-2013 04:50 PM

Unfortunate...I hope my state is OK with a purchase/renewal, you have mail.

R&L's C6 05-21-2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by CeYaBye (Post 1583955457)

They dont call some of them stealerships for nothing.....:willy::ack:

SenseiDave 05-21-2013 05:14 PM

I did very well buying mine with my 2013 GS through our Forum friendly dealer in NH. Much better price than here in FL.

vatakle 05-21-2013 05:17 PM

Hi, Is this effective from today or end of month? Is it still possible to get GMPP before end of month? Thanks

Vetteman Jack 05-21-2013 05:23 PM

If many of those dealers sold the warranty at a fair price, they wouldn't have to worry about Internet sales. However, that is not how it is being done. I know when I bought my GMPP from you, it was at a substantial discount from what I could get at my local dealer.

Crossofiron 05-21-2013 05:40 PM

Does in any way affect the sale of cars?

I hope this does not affect the sale of cars in CA.

CeYaBye 05-21-2013 06:36 PM

This was actually put into effect about 6 months ago but we were unaware of it due to a letter from GMPP falling thru the cracks and me not seeing it. I am done selling in California as of today unless I get anything to change things from GMPP but I am sure that is not going to happen.

According to the attached excerpt from the current GMPP Administration Guide, the state of California requires that the VSC (GMPP) be sold by a dealer licensed in the State of California, and the VSC (GMPP) must be incidental to the sale or lease of the vehicle. Therefore, internet sales of GMPP to California customers are not allowed.

This is direct from GMPP this morning in an email to me.

VET4LES 05-21-2013 06:47 PM

That is the pits. :ack::smash::crazy2:

need-for-speed 05-21-2013 11:00 PM

Dennis, does this mean y'all cant sell them at all or just not to CA, FL, or MD ?

BTW bought 3 GMPP from y'all since 2001

:cheers: