CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Finally!!!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3276775-finally.html)

vettenewbieap 05-24-2013 10:08 AM

Finally!!!!!

Hello everyone. I finally bought the car that I loved as a kid, like many here, I grew up wishing that I would one day own. I've owned mustangs and challengers. In fact I traded my challenger in for my new vette. Have some folks taken a different attitude with you since your purchase of a vette? I have had a few people call my purchase a mid life crisis or the new girl chaser. Mind you I'm 54 and my days of chasing girls are done. So, is there any truth to these comments? I did some soul searching and I honestly don't think this purchase was either of those. I am lucky enough to be in a spot where I can finally afford the car that I grew up loving as a kid. It does seem that a lot of Corvette owners are "older". So, is there such a thing as a mid-life crisis, or is it that we are at a point in our life where we can afford things that we have always wanted and decided to take the step? Or are those comments coming from people who can't afford to make these purchases and are jealous or just afraid to take that step? Oh yeah, I drive this girl like I stole her. Proud owner of a 2013 Grand Sport, Build sheet says she is Berlin Blue.

michaelinmech 05-24-2013 10:14 AM

Congratulations !!!! :party:

We buy our toys when and as we can - for many, it is a bit later in life that we can both afford more expensive things and prioritize our purchases to include the same. If that is a mid life crisis, so be it.

No such color as Berlin Blue for a Corvette ????

z51vett 05-24-2013 10:22 AM

No not a crisis just need the money to buy wife kids other prioritys. I drove vetts all my life no golf or hunting smoking or drinking country club to spend money on sent to girls to Ga tech still paying off ones college 7 year student don't ask. I use it for my daily driver rain sleet hail and snow. Even in the old days put one child in back and the other up front this was rare, you can do this now.
z51vett
Doug

billyboy47 05-24-2013 10:23 AM

if you want to call buying a vette at 23 a mid-life crises, thats fine. i'm sure a lot of senior citizens bought their first vette at a younger age as i did. once bitten, it's in the blood. my last vette was the 81 model, really loved that style, just lacked the power of the 67 i once owned. then married my wife who had a three year old daughter and couldn't afford one at the time. well i just bought my 013 last january and couldn't be happier at 66 years young. by the way, 54 is really not that old. still young enough too chase the girl's. anyway, congrats on the new car, drive safe, and have lots of fun.:cheers:

redrckt97 05-24-2013 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by vettenewbieap (Post 1583980023)
Hello everyone. I finally bought the car that I loved as a kid, like many here, I grew up wishing that I would one day own. I've owned mustangs and challengers. In fact I traded my challenger in for my new vette. Have some folks taken a different attitude with you since your purchase of a vette? I have had a few people call my purchase a mid life crisis or the new girl chaser. Mind you I'm 54 and my days of chasing girls are done. So, is there any truth to these comments? I did some soul searching and I honestly don't think this purchase was either of those. I am lucky enough to be in a spot where I can finally afford the car that I grew up loving as a kid. It does seem that a lot of Corvette owners are "older". So, is there such a thing as a mid-life crisis, or is it that we are at a point in our life where we can afford things that we have always wanted and decided to take the step? Or are those comments coming from people who can't afford to make these purchases and are jealous or just afraid to take that step? Oh yeah, I drive this girl like I stole her. Proud owner of a 2013 Grand Sport, Build sheet says she is Berlin Blue.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new car... enjoy it to the fullest and nevermind what others say -- you are right that they are mostly jealous and think putting you down somehow makes them better.
Get ready for the other thing that happens a lot "is that your car I parked next to and dinged the door?" - which again shows whats really iniside them (jealousy). Be cool -- the fun is worth the BS.

JPJR 05-24-2013 10:49 AM

Congrats, and welcome to the Night Race Blue club!
Excellent choice!

oldgoat99 05-24-2013 11:15 AM

Yes, midlife crisis! Start chasing girls again.

:party:

dvilin 05-24-2013 11:17 AM

Drive it and enjoy it.

peter pan 05-24-2013 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by oldgoat99 (Post 1583980658)
Yes, midlife crisis! Start chasing girls again.

:party:

:iagree::rock:

Corvette Junkie 05-24-2013 11:40 AM

Congratulatios!

vettenewbieap 05-24-2013 12:31 PM

Yeah, I know. I thought the build sheet would have Night Race Blue on it. But for some reason it has Berlin in the box for color. Also, there must be something wrong with me. I think I've gotten obsessed with the car. All I want to do is clean her and drive her. It's been raining here in Southern Maryland for the last few days so she has been covered up. Can't wait for this weekend!!!

Corvette Junkie 05-24-2013 03:32 PM

Berlin Blue is the paint manufacturers name for it. Just like the old Lemans Blue is really Luxor Blue.

boraxman 05-24-2013 03:33 PM

Mid life crisis/:lol: Nver too old to start having fun!

:cheers:

TCW 05-24-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by vettenewbieap (Post 1583980023)
I have had a few people call my purchase a mid life crisis or the new girl chaser.

Get used to that. :D There are a lot of "wish I had Vette" people out there that are a bit envious that you have one and they don't. :cheers:

Tom

6893Vette 05-24-2013 03:42 PM

Call it whatever you want just have fun!
I guess I've been having a mid life crisis for 20 plus years, I'm on my 3rd Vette and loving every minute of it.
:thumbs:

2vettes 05-24-2013 03:49 PM

Congratulations and best wishes. :cheers:

Yes. I heard mid-life crisis comments a few times. Even asked what I was compensating for? A real man doesn't give a sheet what other people think. You desired it, worked hard for it, and finally realized your dream. Enjoy the ride. :thumbs::seeya:steering::auto:

Gering 05-24-2013 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1583980677)
Drive it and enjoy it.

:iagree: :steering:

AV8TOR536 05-24-2013 04:18 PM

I know the feeling,bought my first Corvette last year at 55 years old, ALWAYS wanted a Corvette ever since I can remember,built the Revelle plastic models of them as a kid.
I get compliments at the drive through window,car wash,sitting at the light,liquor stores...NEVER had a car that drew so much attention and I have owned plenty!
ENJOY THE RIDE!!!! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!:rock:

Boozman 05-24-2013 04:28 PM

Congrats on your new ride, I'm 70 and I've driven corvettes most of my life and will continue until I can't drive anymore.:thumbs:

crtaylor59 05-24-2013 04:33 PM

Congrats for your ride, and remember to always wave at other vette owners.....:thumbs::flag: