CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   what's the loudest axle back exhaust? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3277736-whats-the-loudest-axle-back-exhaust.html)

nepox 05-25-2013 11:02 PM

what's the loudest axle back exhaust?

trying to upgrade to something louder from my stock 2013 grand sport. Don't want to void the warranty so just want to change the mufflers. What do you think will give me that mean American muscle sound?

m kraz 05-25-2013 11:23 PM

slp loudmouth or b&b bullets

White_Lightning 05-25-2013 11:29 PM

keeep your NPP in your garage.. once you get tired of the annoying Drone inside the car you can switch back to NPP and just get a M2W.

Boomer111 05-25-2013 11:32 PM

Agreed, be careful what you ask for.

nepox 05-25-2013 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by White_Lightning (Post 1583992543)
keeep your NPP in your garage.. once you get tired of the annoying Drone inside the car you can switch back to NPP and just get a M2W.

so just keep stock and get Mild2Wild?

Don-Vette 05-26-2013 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by nepox (Post 1583992631)
so just keep stock and get Mild2Wild?

M2W is only a switch that opens and closes your NPP at will. I just pulled the fuse on my NPP so it's open all the time and that is loud enough for me. Member "BLKGS" just installed the GLH Lemans system from Southern car parts and it sounds very nice.

http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...st-p-4258.html

includes sound clips!!

GHL Lemans Exhaust For the 2009+ C6 Corvette (except Z06 and ZR1)

GHL's legendary muscle car sound is now available for your 2009+ C6 Corvette. Only the highest quality mandrel bent 304 stainless steel is used to manufacture all our exhaust systems. The Lemans Series GHL Exhaust is a 2 1/2" axleback system with quad 4" double wall tips that make your exhaust look as good as it sounds. The Corvette C6 Lemans Series Exhaust is considered a semi-agressive exhaust for the Corvette C6 that has a great sound and no drone.

https://www.southerncarparts.com/ima...%20Exhaust.jpg

speedygc5 05-26-2013 07:16 AM

I have B&B bullets w 1 7/8 kooks headers and it sounds awesome!!! But it's not for everyone it's reallllllllyyyyy loud!!!!

You need to here a few systems before you decide. Borlas system sound real nice as well.

ben dover 05-26-2013 07:33 AM

Electric cutouts.

AtomicZ_Eric 05-26-2013 08:39 AM

I agree that the oem exhaust is far too tame. I wanted not only one of the loudest, but also (what I consider to be) the best sounding exhausts. I went with a Borla ATAK over the axle setup. I really like that classic American deep rumble / roar. However everyone's taste in exhaust note varies as much as their taste in music. There's tons of great systems out there. Listen to them all and find out which one suites your tastes best. If you have an H-pipe and do a non-restrictive over the axle system there will be a lot of "popping." Sounds racy, but maybe not for everyone.

Again, you're looking for that loud, classic American sound, you can't go wrong with a Borla ATAK. Best of luck.

Duro 05-26-2013 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by AtomicZ_Eric (Post 1583993861)
Again, you're looking for that loud, classic American sound, you can't go wrong with a Borla ATAK. Best of luck.

:iagree:
ATAK or S-Type both sound great.:thumbs:

vettman96 05-26-2013 08:48 AM

be carefull in your selection. Loud is fine, but drone sucks...................

vig1116 05-26-2013 09:13 AM

i agree with what others have been saying. Be careful with just going for as loud as possible, they will have massive drone!! It will drive you crazy in no time, after the initial joy is worn off, if you're like most people.... Corsa sports or xtreme may be suitable for you? I got the sports last week and i love it, but the xtremes may be better if you want wake your neighbors loud...

Boomer111 05-26-2013 09:20 AM

...and set off the car alarms.

Johnathon59 05-26-2013 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by vig1116 (Post 1583994099)
i agree with what others have been saying. Be careful with just going for as loud as possible, they will have massive drone!! It will drive you crazy in no time, after the initial joy is worn off, if you're like most people.... Corsa sports or xtreme may be suitable for you? I got the sports last week and i love it, but the xtremes may be better if you want wake your neighbors loud...

:iagree: well said !

staw512 05-26-2013 09:48 AM

Borla Atak has no drone. You cannot even hear it when cruising

peter pan 05-26-2013 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by ben dover (Post 1583993520)
Electric cutouts.

:iagree:really loud when you want and quiet when you want :rock:

Corvette03051 05-26-2013 11:51 AM

Exhaust

Keep your NPP and add ARH headers. More horsepower and much louder
Controllable sound with a MW remote.

Cherokee Nation 05-26-2013 01:09 PM

Borla Stringers!!...I have cam,Lt's & other stuff..I love what you guys call drone,at 80mph i can tell that my engine is running smooth..You need to watch out for the drone up above you..:)

bgspot 05-26-2013 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by AtomicZ_Eric (Post 1583993861)
I agree that the oem exhaust is far too tame. I wanted not only one of the loudest, but also (what I consider to be) the best sounding exhausts. I went with a Borla ATAK over the axle setup. I really like that classic American deep rumble / roar. However everyone's taste in exhaust note varies as much as their taste in music. There's tons of great systems out there. Listen to them all and find out which one suites your tastes best. If you have an H-pipe and do a non-restrictive over the axle system there will be a lot of "popping." Sounds racy, but maybe not for everyone.

:iagree: i'm ordering an atak this friday :rock:

AtomicZ_Eric 05-26-2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by bgspot (Post 1583995578)
:iagree: i'm ordering an atak this friday :rock:

You will not be disappointed! One thing to keep in mind is that if you have an H-pipe you may consider purchasing the full cat back system with Xpipe to reduce the "popping" sound. I like it so far - sounds pretty racy, but I could definitely understand how it may be a bit too much for many people.

Keep an eye out for my DIY thread that should be coming soon.

To the OP, the Borla ATAK has very little to no drone. Of course when one depresses the throttle completely in 6th gear you're gonna hear a deep growl - it's a big powerful engine! :-) However, that horrible reverberating tone is well suppressed. Best of luck with whatever system you choose.