CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Intros (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/intros-134/)
-   -   Texas Gearhead (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/intros/3290750-texas-gearhead.html)

jjahn 06-17-2013 10:26 PM

Texas Gearhead

Hi there!

In 2011, my hubby and I worked on a 76 Jeep CJ-5 frame off project. After that, I was hooked... and realized that I'm a total gearhead!!

When starting on my Jeep, I told my husband that I wanted to sell it and make a little money. Well... that didn't last for long, especially after I drove it for the first time. He said I had a grin from ear-to-ear and knew I wasn't going to sell it. He did finally ask me though, if I sold the Jeep, what would I get. My response... a 58 Corvette.

This past March, I was at our regular Saturday night car show in front of the local Home Depot and low and behold someone drives up with a 59 Corvette on a trailer. At first sight, I "knew" I was going to buy that car. And, what did I do the next day? I went and bought the car. It has no engine or transmission and is the perfect project I've been looking for. I've been working on it steadily and plan to have it completed (total frame off) within the next 2-3 years. I can't wait!! And I've been having so much fun working on it (and finding needed parts).

And this forum is great! I joined late last month and have already purchased several parts that I need. Everyone seems so helpful and wants to lend a helping hand. I'm glad to be a fellow gearhead on this site.

Hail to the Corvette!

Jill

Chevy Cust Svc 06-17-2013 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by jjahn (Post 1584182638)
Hi there!

In 2011, my hubby and I worked on a 76 Jeep CJ-5 frame off project. After that, I was hooked... and realized that I'm a total gearhead!!

When starting on my Jeep, I told my husband that I wanted to sell it and make a little money. Well... that didn't last for long, especially after I drove it for the first time. He said I had a grin from ear-to-ear and knew I wasn't going to sell it. He did finally ask me though, if I sold the Jeep, what would I get. My response... a 58 Corvette.

This past March, I was at our regular Saturday night car show in front of the local Home Depot and low and behold someone drives up with a 59 Corvette on a trailer. At first sight, I "knew" I was going to buy that car. And, what did I do the next day? I went and bought the car. It has no engine or transmission and is the perfect project I've been looking for. I've been working on it steadily and plan to have it completed (total frame off) within the next 2-3 years. I can't wait!! And I've been having so much fun working on it (and finding needed parts).

And this forum is great! I joined late last month and have already purchased several parts that I need. Everyone seems so helpful and wants to lend a helping hand. I'm glad to be a fellow gearhead on this site.

Hail to the Corvette!

Jill

Hey Jill,

It's great to hear that you love Chevrolet Corvettes just as much as we do. We hope you enjoy putting together your 58 Chevrolet Corvette.

Have Fun,

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care

mrmtrtrnd 06-17-2013 11:37 PM

Welcome to the Forum Jill and that sounds like a great project :cheers:

kedwin 06-18-2013 05:16 AM

Welcome to the forum!

427 Pilot 06-18-2013 05:29 AM

Welcome to CF :cheers:

jjahn 06-18-2013 06:52 AM

Thanks everyone - glad to be here!

gilhuly 06-18-2013 07:41 AM