CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   About the available stripes... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3291615-about-the-available-stripes.html)

AVETTE 06-19-2013 11:09 AM

About the available stripes...

I know people on the board either love or hate the stripes that are being displayed on the mules running around by GM. Those of you who have seen the pics, they have the "stinger" type stripe that is wide and only covers the area from the hood vent to windshield, and then the dual narrow stripes that cover the car from bottom of front bumper to rear bumper area.

I know many people on the board dislike the stripes and think they look terrible, many others love the look. My question is this, for those of you whom like the look, which do you prefer, the stinger type or the full length dual narrow stripes.

I personally like the look of the stripes as it is more aggressive looking to me. I am ordering the Arctic white with black wheels, red calipers, black mirrors and spoiler, Z51 and tinting the windows. Hopefully this thread can stay on track (is that possible LOL), for those that LIKE stripes, given the combination I am going with, what do you think would look better, dual narrow or stinger type? Also, the stripe color would be black or carbon flash black to match vents, etc. THANK YOU for your thoughts

Zymurgy 06-19-2013 11:49 AM

If I had to have one, I would take the dual narrow. There is no information in the current C7 LPO Guide about these, so who knows what colors might be available (or even if these make it to "production").

Magister Ludi 06-19-2013 11:55 AM

Dual Narrow in Carbon Flash, definately.

(However, I would be interested to see AW with CG vents and stripes; somewhat like the 60th anniversary color scheme)

OnPoint 06-19-2013 11:56 AM

One vote for stinger stripe.

tansor 06-19-2013 12:10 PM

I like the stinger Stripe also. would love to know what color options. wonder what it would look like matching up to the Red Interior. anyone want to photoshop one, thanks

indyjack18 06-19-2013 12:11 PM

Stinger for sure:thumbs:

Hemi Dave 06-19-2013 12:12 PM

Dual narrow all the way..... like the 427

...but I would skip the stripes on mine

.....carbon flash mirrors and spoiler is enough for me....along with a body colored roof....

rcallen484 06-19-2013 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1584194802)
One vote for stinger stripe.

:iagree: +1 in black. Makes the vent look like the intended terminus of the stripe.

VETJAZZ 06-19-2013 12:47 PM

I think stripes, of any kind, really destroy the lines of the car. To each his own.

Parker Corvette 06-19-2013 12:51 PM

NO stripes please And no vents either. The only car that looks good with the vents is a black car. The convertible without the vents looks much better. And the new rear end looks great to me.

AVETTE 06-19-2013 02:00 PM

Here we go...

Originally Posted by Colorado C6 (Post 1584195256)
NO stripes please And no vents either. The only car that looks good with the vents is a black car. The convertible without the vents looks much better. And the new rear end looks great to me.

No vents? THE CAR IS OUT GET OVER IT... I was afraid that those opposed just can't help themselves when it comes to posting in threads where it is clearly spelled out what the purpose of the thread is and who the intended audience is, however they just can't help themselves. We already KNOW you don't like the vents, the tail lights, stripes, BLAH BLAH BLAH...

To those who this thread is intended for, I welcome your thoughts regarding WHICH stripes you prefer. Thanks a million...

It is so HARD not to feel the trolls.. LOL

MikeG37 06-19-2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by rcallen484 (Post 1584194961)
:iagree: +1 in black. Makes the vent look like the intended terminus of the stripe.

:iagree: not really a fan of stripes on any car..especially ones that run from one end to the other. But the stinger stripes I've seen I kinda like.

Stingray23 06-19-2013 02:21 PM

All that black and white and your car is gonna resemble this:
http://www.archeofestival.com/wp-con...Tile-Ideas.jpg

crabman 06-19-2013 02:25 PM

Actually I was already getting a dark color to help hide the vents as much as possible and I'm considering the stinger stripe because it helps further blend in the hood vent to my eye and am obviously mulling over the black for that reason.

I'm hopeful that some of us who are trying to work around what we consider flaws can also participate without stirring up too much ire. If its helpful I don't like black wheels either but I"m considering them to further get some integration going on. I'm an old dog but I'm trying.

jkcam6017 06-19-2013 02:25 PM

That is a beautiful garage!!!! Is the floor slippery when wet?

Walt White Coupe 06-19-2013 02:39 PM

This is what I like.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps2caf5121.jpg

CRABBYJ 06-19-2013 02:52 PM

Walt, so far Laguna Blue for me, but that is really nice and not overstated.:thumbs::flag:

ChromeC5 06-19-2013 03:43 PM

A vote for the Stinger Stripe. I really like it on the lighter colored cars.

ZL-1 06-19-2013 03:46 PM

I've always liked full length stripes but I don't think they're the best choice on a C7. I'd like a single full width stripe like the 96 GrandSport better than the two narrower ones. I don't think two black stripes in that width would look good on white. I do think the stinger stripe would look good, preferably in carbon black metallic to continue the color of the carbon black metallic vent. It completely blends with the car's shapes and accentuates the raised part of the hood. The dual full length stripes just conflict with some of the lines they intersect with. They work better on more rounded, less edgy Corvettes.

BPhillyc8 06-19-2013 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by AVETTE (Post 1584195809)
No vents? THE CAR IS OUT GET OVER IT... I was afraid that those opposed just can't help themselves when it comes to posting in threads where it is clearly spelled out what the purpose of the thread is and who the intended audience is, however they just can't help themselves. We already KNOW you don't like the vents, the tail lights, stripes, BLAH BLAH BLAH...

To those who this thread is intended for, I welcome your thoughts regarding WHICH stripes you prefer. Thanks a million...

It is so HARD not to feel the trolls.. LOL

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: