CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Supercharged C7 ????? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3294303-supercharged-c7.html)

hokiebus 06-24-2013 01:21 PM

Supercharged C7 ?????

:smash: Don't know if this has been posted before. C&R (see below) thinks Geneva debut C7 was super charged. Any one know any thing more?

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...ost-gauge-news

zhopper05 06-24-2013 01:53 PM

Yes it has been. However, while on the subject, a new question just came to mind - if this were the real deal, shouldn't the speedometer to the left register at least 220 MPH, as was the case in the C6 Z06 and ZR1? I wonder if this photo was taken in Base C7 mule with a Hi-Po set-up under the hood for testing purposes.

Katech_Zach 06-24-2013 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by hokiebus (Post 1584234619)
:smash: Don't know if this has been posted before. C&R (see below) thinks Geneva debut C7 was super charged. Any one know any thing more?

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...ost-gauge-news

GM has been caught before with photos of a boost gauge in the IPC of the C7. Their official response is that the software used in the IPC crosses several platforms including supercharged vehicles and that is why it appeared on some pre-production C7s. If you google search "supercharged C7" you will find some leaked CAD photos of a supercharged C7 engine bay.

Dominic Toretto 06-24-2013 03:07 PM

zhopper05 "shouldn't the speedometer to the left register at least 220 MPH, as was the case in the C6 Z06 and ZR1?"

Uhhhh, all the C6ZO6s I've seen have regular 200mph speedos.

-Alex

jschindler 06-24-2013 03:32 PM

Lets quit with the games. It's there because there will be a supercharged Corvette. We don't know when, how much hp, how much money or what it will be called. But thats why it's there.

GM does not use the same instrument panel in other cars, so the theory that it's there as some sort of sharing is not valid. The information in a ECU I could believe comes from a common program. But we are not talking about software, we are talking about and actual "icon" on the instrument panel.

Glenmcp 06-24-2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1584235736)
Lets quit with the games. It's there because there will be a supercharged Corvette. We don't know when, how much hp, how much money or what it will be called. But thats why it's there.

GM does not use the same instrument panel in other cars, so the theory that it's there as some sort of sharing is not valid. The information in a ECU I could believe comes from a common program. But we are not talking about software, we are talking about and actual "icon" on the instrument panel.

It makes sense to me that GM should offer a supercharger instead of letting Vette owners go to after market companies.

hokiebus 06-24-2013 06:20 PM

:iagree:

BlueOx 06-24-2013 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason (Post 1584234923)
GM has been caught before with photos of a boost gauge in the IPC of the C7. Their official response is that the software used in the IPC crosses several platforms including supercharged vehicles and that is why it appeared on some pre-production C7s. If you google search "supercharged C7" you will find some leaked CAD photos of a supercharged C7 engine bay.

C'mon Jason, spill it! Tell us what's really goin' on with this beast!:D

rcallen484 06-24-2013 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason (Post 1584234923)

http://palmeter.com/wp-content/uploa...9/c7p00220.jpg

Katech_Zach 06-25-2013 08:14 AM

It's not a theory. It's a statement made by GM. I'm not saying I believe it, just relaying the statement.

zhopper05 06-25-2013 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 1584235512)
zhopper05 "shouldn't the speedometer to the left register at least 220 MPH, as was the case in the C6 Z06 and ZR1?"

Uhhhh, all the C6ZO6s I've seen have regular 200mph speedos.

-Alex

Do you mean like this? So, actually neither you nor I were wrong. Z06 speedo is 200 and ZR1 is 220.

jvp 06-25-2013 09:25 AM

GM does not use the same instrument panel in other cars, so the theory that it's there as some sort of sharing is not valid.

Um. For this go'round: yes, they are. The IPC programming is definitely going to be shared among various GM vehicles. My source for this is pretty much unquestionable, though you can continue to cast doubts if you like.

I'm sure there will be a charged LT1 Corvette at some point, but the IPC seen in pre-release isn't really a hint of that.

hokiebus 06-25-2013 11:12 AM

Wow!

jschindler 06-25-2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason (Post 1584241473)
It's not a theory. It's a statement made by GM. I'm not saying I believe it, just relaying the statement.

Wink, nod...

Originally Posted by jvp (Post 1584241992)
Um. For this go'round: yes, they are. The IPC programming is definitely going to be shared among various GM vehicles. My source for this is pretty much unquestionable, though you can continue to cast doubts if you like.

I'm sure there will be a charged LT1 Corvette at some point, but the IPC seen in pre-release isn't really a hint of that.

Go back and read what I said. I agreed that the programming is probably shared. But not the physical IP that actually has an icon on the dash that is exclusive to the Corvette.

jvp 06-25-2013 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1584243377)
But not the physical IP that actually has an icon on the dash that is exclusive to the Corvette.

Specific physical IP running a generic IP program. That's what you saw in the photo.

jschindler 06-25-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by jvp (Post 1584243637)
Specific physical IP running a generic IP program. That's what you saw in the photo.

Sounds like we are on the same page.

jvp 06-25-2013 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1584243882)
Sounds like we are on the same page.

I'm not sure we are. What did you mean by this:

we are talking about and actual "icon" on the instrument panel.
Which icon? The supercharger one?