CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Poll: How many ordered the FAY option? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3307554-poll-how-many-ordered-the-fay-option.html)

WhiteAndBlackC7 07-18-2013 03:25 PM

Poll: How many ordered the FAY option?

Just want to get an idea of how many of us are going to have a FAY ol' time in our new C7's, and to possibly gauge why this part is constrained.

trivette 07-18-2013 04:48 PM

I felt there were too many looks going on that didn't match. The combination exposed CF/painted roof pattern is different than the CF dash pattern which is different than the carbon flash painted mirror/spoiler option. I will have the carbon flash vents and lower rear fascia only, which are the same. The carbon flash painted mirror/spoiler option was considered, but the non-body colored mirrors didn't do it for me. All personal choices...

WhiteAndBlackC7 07-18-2013 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by trivette (Post 1584441558)
I felt there were too many looks going on that didn't match. The combination exposed CF/painted roof pattern is different than the CF dash pattern which is different than the carbon flash painted mirror/spoiler option. I will have the carbon flash vents and lower rear fascia only, which are the same. The carbon flash painted mirror/spoiler option was considered, but the non-body colored mirrors didn't do it for me. All personal choices...

I went w/ arctic white with the exposed CF roof and also carbon flash mirrors & spoilers. I wish I could have gotten either the mirrors OR spoiler painted, as I would have had the spoiler in CF and left the mirrors in body painted color. If it bothers me, I will have a body shop paint the mirrors.. no big deal.

Definitely a matter of personal opinion. I think the carbon flash accents make it look more sporty/exotic, but body painted looks cleaner.. it was a tough choice for me too

WhiteAndBlackC7 07-18-2013 09:01 PM

Holy hell.. no wonder the FAY option is constrained.. as of right now 75% of orders have the fiberous maximus material

Durnberg 07-18-2013 09:19 PM

There are 5 C7s ahead of me at the dealership and they are getting 4 picked up this consensus. Now if 1, just 1, only 1 had FAY and decided to wait instead of change the option, well I believe mentioned 1, just 1, ONE is all I ask for, then my C7 gets picked up this consensus. But my salesman never liked FAY to begin with and probably talked the other buyers into either not getting it or talked them into changing it instead of waiting. JUST ONE!!

kstine98 07-18-2013 09:20 PM

I had it, but cancelled it to get my order in!!

WhiteAndBlackC7 07-18-2013 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Durnberg (Post 1584443749)
There are 5 C7s ahead of me at the dealership and they are getting 4 picked up this consensus. Now if 1, just 1, only 1 had FAY and decided to wait instead of change the option, well I believe mentioned 1, just 1, ONE is all I ask for, then my C7 gets picked up this consensus. But my salesman never liked FAY to begin with and probably talked the other buyers into either not getting it or talked them into changing it instead of waiting. JUST ONE!!

Man, that is f-ing FAY. That sucks.

runutzzzzz 07-18-2013 11:10 PM

Dealer convinced me to get it :lol:

Mardis Gras 07-19-2013 10:42 AM

I got in under the wire.

I think it will look good, and possibly even better in the matte finish.

WELEPRO 07-19-2013 10:55 AM

I tried, but had to remove it to get my order to go through. I will be adding the FAYness as soon as I can get the parts from my dealer!