CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back..... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3315103-c7-delivery-dates-pushed-back.html)

1KULC7 07-31-2013 04:48 PM

C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back.....

Now don't flame me, I am coming here to get the correct answer. I understand through some GM folks that I met earlier today the C7 Delivery dates have been pushed back due to some more work on the engines at higher altitudes. Several mules are actually running up and down the Blue Ridge Parkways here in Virginia this week trying to get final tweeks on the engines, so things are not going exactly as they expected and have pushed back some delivery dates to later September. Has anybody heard about this, or is it just gossip?

lawdogg149 07-31-2013 04:53 PM

Heard this also last week in AZ. Something about the Cylinder deactivation function test in elevation. AFM is a bitch to get perfect

FKING1 07-31-2013 04:56 PM

This weeks "Automotive News" shows Bowling Green Plant down till September. No date, just the month.

harlold 07-31-2013 05:10 PM

Has the engine already been CAFE certified? How can they still be tweaking?

Aviator 07-31-2013 05:14 PM

:lurk:

dcbingaman 07-31-2013 05:20 PM

Interesting.....that's why they test !! Its looking more and more like engineering was not completed on the original schedule - not surprising given all the new technology these cars incorporate. The more bells and whistles, the more regression testing they require so that they don't have extensive recall and warranty issues later on.

Not sure why they couldn't still build the cars now and then push the new S/W into the EEC before customer delivery.

BRCC 07-31-2013 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by dcbingaman (Post 1584551719)
Not sure why they couldn't still build the cars now and then push the new S/W into the EEC before customer delivery.

:iagree:

Strange the truck engines with AFM seem to be working good, yes cars could still be produced and S/W pushed. As many here state, wheather right or wrong, there is a 2 to 3 week QC hold on cars (I do not know if thats true or not never offically stated from GM) so they could do it then - Who Knows?????

michaelinmech 07-31-2013 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by EBVette (Post 1584551465)
Now don't flame me, I am coming here to get the correct answer. I understand through some GM folks that I met earlier today the C7 Delivery dates have been pushed back due to some more work on the engines at higher altitudes. Several mules are actually running up and down the Blue Ridge Parkways here in Virginia this week trying to get final tweeks on the engines, so things are not going exactly as they expected and have pushed back some delivery dates to later September. Has anybody heard about this, or is it just gossip?

I can not speak as to whether the information is accurate, gossip or other - and I will not join in pure conjecture.

Not a bust on the OP - but I must submit that I do not like any Thread that uses sources like "some GM folks I met" or anything along those lines. If someone provided info, they say who. If their identity is a secret than don't bring them into the story to begin with. It doesn't add any credibility and often has the opposite effect in stirring doubt - imho.

One of the worst habits people have is saying - "I'm gonna tell you something but you have to promise to not tell anyone else" . . . . . If that big a secret that I can't tell, then don't tell me !!!!

:rant:

Big Dan 427 07-31-2013 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584551795)
One of the worst habits people have is saying - "I'm gonna tell you something but you have to promise to not tell anyone else" . . . . . If that big a secret that I can't tell, then don't tell me !!!!

So you do know where Ox is!:yesnod::hide:

OnPoint 07-31-2013 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584552235)
So you do know where Ox is!:yesnod::hide:

:rofl::rofl:

1KULC7 07-31-2013 06:55 PM

I can not speak as to whether the information is accurate, gossip or other - and I will not join in pure conjecture.

Not a bust on the OP - but I must submit that I do not like any Thread that uses sources like "some GM folks I met" or anything along those lines. If someone provided info, they say who. If their identity is a secret than don't bring them into the story to begin with. It doesn't add any credibility and often has the opposite effect in stirring doubt - imho.

Look, I understand where you are coming from, and I do not post such items without a base. I have been on the forum for MANY years, and I will not say who the folks are. I will tell you this, the do NOT work on the Corvette or Chevrolet Division, they work somewhere else in GM.

The point was not to spread panic, but to see if anybody else with much better inside info that I have heard about this.

lawdogg149 07-31-2013 07:12 PM

Thanks OP. This is how we learn in this world we are cast into by GM. Whats wrong with a weekly update by GM giving us the progress. Instead we are sent to wonder and hear rumors and gossip. A weekly progress and a reliable tracking method would be all we true corvette believers would need. Insteed we have to rely on great people like GM'er and talon to provide info. Hell give those two guys half the amount they waste on customer service and let them fly.

trivette 07-31-2013 07:17 PM

I understand the reason for your initial post as well-trying to confirm some things you've heard. As an anxious C7 buyer I am wondering what seems to be the delay in startup? If the post re the plant being closed until September is true, then there certainly seems to be an issue of some sort holding things up. I'm willing to wait until they get it right if there is additional testing, etc. required to deliver a trouble free (or at least few problems) vehicle. Hopefully someone (GM?) can provide some real information and end all the speculation.

jschindler 07-31-2013 07:18 PM

Note to self, michaelinmech can't keep a secret.:lol:

michaelinmech 07-31-2013 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1584552708)
Note to self, michaelinmech can't keep a secret.:lol:

Oh yes I can't . . . . . :D

u00mem9 07-31-2013 08:51 PM

If you only want to hear 'on the record' info, you're going to be a month late on every news item. Not a realistic stance. Thanks to the OP.

michaelinmech 07-31-2013 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by u00mem9 (Post 1584553482)
If you only want to hear 'on the record' info, you're going to be a month late on every news item. Not a realistic stance. Thanks to the OP.

Conversely if you're gonna run with source-less gossip, hearsay and conjecture, you're going to be wrong a lot of the time. I have Fox News to fill that void . . . . . :yesnod:

1KULC7 07-31-2013 10:11 PM

Maybe I just should have said, "Is it true the delivery dates will be delayed an unspecified amount of time due to some final engineering issues that GM is concerned about?"

How would that fly, so we can focus more on the substance of what I am asking rather than where and who I heard this from?

So can we focus more on the issue of; is there a delay to delivery?

FYI...Yes GM would serve itself much better if it just had a site to let people know what it going on, and it would stop all this foolishness of rumors, and I have a friend who, or like I did, I was talking too.

My point of this whole post was to find out the status of production/delivery.

Thank you...:yesnod:

jschindler 07-31-2013 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584554178)
Conversely if you're gonna run with source-less gossip, hearsay and conjecture, you're going to be wrong a lot of the time. I have Fox News to fill that void . . . . . :yesnod:

If we stopped all unsubstantiated internet rumors and gossip there would be about three threads a day on the forum, and they all would be "what color should I buy", "which wheels should I get" and "which interior would you get with night race blue".

CitationZ06@yahoo 07-31-2013 10:20 PM

They can still build the car then update the computer with highalt1.1