CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Only one C7 at Carsile today Aug 25. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3328994-only-one-c7-at-carsile-today-aug-25-a.html)

Bill17601 08-25-2013 10:40 AM

Only one C7 at Carsile today Aug 25.

I drove to Carsile this morning Aug 25 and the Corvettes that were there Saturday had left. If you are even thinking on going to see C7's DO NOT GO.

runutzzzzz 08-25-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1584756133)
I drove to Carsile this morning Aug 25 and the Corvettes that were there Saturday and Sunday had left. If you are even thinking on going to see C7's DO NOT GO.

That sucks! They had some 15+? C7's there Saturday.

stevelischynsky 08-25-2013 12:17 PM

Not surprising. Vendors usually start packing up by around 1pm

Bill17601 08-25-2013 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by stevelischynsky (Post 1584756839)
Not surprising. Vendors usually start packing up by around 1pm

The show is over in the afternoon. The problem is people who drive a few hours because the C7's where there only to find nothing. Why are they holding the show on Sunday? Just have it run through Saturday and call it over.

Z06 Mike 08-25-2013 02:41 PM

This might soothe your itch...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1584752692-post246.html

nikic6 08-25-2013 03:24 PM

I was at Corvette's of Carlisle on Saturday and counted 16 C-7. No convertables. A GM engineer at the GM tent told me that production started last Friday Aug. 23 on customer cars. He said the line is running vey slow with plans to ramp up production over the next two months.

BPhillyc8 08-25-2013 05:04 PM

I drove to Carsile this morning Aug 25 and the Corvettes that were there Saturday and Sunday had left. If you are even thinking on going to see C7's DO NOT GO.

Uh, Bill...today is Sunday?

Regardless..that would be a shame if people headed long distances to see them. They were all driven back to hotels nightly. Are you sure some just didn't show up late?

jvp 08-25-2013 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7 (Post 1584758628)
Are you sure some just didn't show up late?

Most of the GM engineers I know left town after the parade Saturday night, and they took their assigned C7s with them. So it's not terribly surprising that there weren't too many around the fair grounds on Sunday.

BPhillyc8 08-25-2013 05:45 PM

Wow...that's a shame for those attending today. I am glad I went when I did. It was fantastic to see all of the different color combinations at one time. Very helpful.

Axelrod 08-25-2013 05:46 PM

Let me tell you that it is absolute b.s. that GM packed up early and left. I arrived at 1:30pm on Sunday.. gone.

I was one of the few who attempted to see the C7's on Sunday only to arrive and find that they were all gone (with the exception of a yellow one).

I plan on contacting Carlisle events on Monday to let them know that they need to establish a more firm commitment from manufacturers and vendors for Sundays. The trip was a waste. Half of the vendors were gone by 1:30pm also. Not good in my opinion.

Bill17601 08-25-2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7 (Post 1584758628)
Uh, Bill...today is Sunday?

Regardless..that would be a shame if people headed long distances to see them. They were all driven back to hotels nightly. Are you sure some just didn't show up late?

:iagree:..have you seen my glasses?

I think the Miller family runs a great venue for car lovers. I think they failed today by not letting people know that it is less then the show promised. My suggestion would be run it Thursday through Saturday. I only have to drive 50 miles many many Corvette fans where headed to the show as I drove away down the Pa turnpike.

ladder13 08-25-2013 07:38 PM

I was there Thurs-Sunday. This morning I was speaking to various vendors at the show, and some were extremely disappointed(to keep it family friendly)that GM packed up last night. But, then again, most everyone else packed up, or was packing up by this morning.
Ever since they stopped requiring people to be present until 3pm on Sunday to win the car, it seems Sunday attendance has been going downhill.

Bigwheel74 08-25-2013 07:45 PM

Attending any Carlisle show on the last day is a bad idea. I've learned that by experience. Go on Friday or Saturday or stay home. It's a shame that Sunday id like that, but it is what it is.

crazyeddie 08-25-2013 08:15 PM

I drove to Carsile this morning Aug 25 and the Corvettes that were there Saturday had left. If you are even thinking on going to see C7's DO NOT GO.

Yea, I was there at 0800 and all they had was the one yellow C7. Live and learn, it was a nice 2 hour drive on a perfect day and I got to meet Mike Furman. Took the back roads through Pa and Md, fun time--:crazy2:eddie

KBow_Photo 08-25-2013 08:53 PM

same amount as at Road America last night

74 LS4-454 08-25-2013 10:21 PM

I have been going for years, Sunday is no where near what it use to be like from years ago....big time.....
You would have at least a 20 minute ride or longer after getting off the turnpike to get to the fairgrounds, there would be so many Vettes just waiting to get in. The grounds would be packed with Vettes parked all over, the parking area was always a show in itself. You could hardly walk down the aisles and around the grounds, there were always so many people, and that is no exaggeration, believe me. The grandstand was always packed, used to be hard to get a seat, (today the grandstand was empty, maybe 4 people!!!) unless you got there really early. And you didn't dare leave before the giveaway @4PM. It was hot, it was crowded, it was full of vendors, and it was about getting great deals on Sundays. As the song said, and how true it is today, "Sundays will never be the same"
I was there today, it felt empty, it felt strange, it was disappointing that all of the C7's except one was there. And the GM tent informed me that yesterday, people were allowed to sign up and test drive the
C7's that were there, how true that is, I don't know.
I picked up some parts, but it just felt strange. Reminds me of the old
Cavalcade of Corvettes in Jenkintown, PA in the 70's. That was before Corvettes @ Carlisle started and was one of the best Corvette Shows in the East (if not the entire country) at that time. It really had the Corvette mystique feeling as did the early Corvettes @ Carlisle shows in the 80's & 90's.
Somehow that feeling is gone and seems to be gone forever IMO with the current show on Sunday, but I'll never lose that Corvette mystique feeling whether there are shows or not shows, it will always be there for me as all of those memories from previous Corvette shows....:D Tom

racelance 08-27-2013 05:53 PM

Hi guys, I wanted to chime in on this thread. I also noticed that there was only one '14 Stingray on Sunday. We've had issues with Sunday's at all of our event (and others around the country that I attend). Internally we've discussed cancelling Sunday's due to the change in times. People simply want to get home after a long weekend (which starts on Thursday for this event). Thursdays continue to get larger and larger while Sunday's continue to get smaller and smaller. As many of you already know we had a wonderful giveaway package this year - Bondurant 3 day driving school valued at approximately $9,000. The winner was thrilled, always nice to see. We aren't able to continue giving away a vehicle because it simply doesn't make business sense. The laws changed in PA and we weren't able to force people to stay in order to win the car, once this happened (a few years ago) the attendance went down drastically. Yet even before that, the attendance for Sunday was much worse from the early days.

With all of this said, I'd love to hear your feedback on how you'd recommend moving forward. We're always open to suggestions/recommendations. I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

C7GrandSport 08-27-2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by racelance (Post 1584776503)
Hi guys, I wanted to chime in on this thread. I also noticed that there was only one '14 Stingray on Sunday. We've had issues with Sunday's at all of our event (and others around the country that I attend). Internally we've discussed cancelling Sunday's due to the change in times. People simply want to get home after a long weekend (which starts on Thursday for this event). Thursdays continue to get larger and larger while Sunday's continue to get smaller and smaller. As many of you already know we had a wonderful giveaway package this year - Bondurant 3 day driving school valued at approximately $9,000. The winner was thrilled, always nice to see. We aren't able to continue giving away a vehicle because it simply doesn't make business sense. The laws changed in PA and we weren't able to force people to stay in order to win the car, once this happened (a few years ago) the attendance went down drastically. Yet even before that, the attendance for Sunday was much worse from the early days.

With all of this said, I'd love to hear your feedback on how you'd recommend moving forward. We're always open to suggestions/recommendations. I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

Lance,

I've attended Corvettes @ Carlisle for 20+ years in a row. I agree, it's time to admit Sundays just aren't working anymore. Most of the vendors start packing up on Saturday now. To me, the event is really over after the parade. I always arrive Thursday and leave early Sunday morning. This year I only stayed because my 63 was in the anniversary display (awesome meeting Peter Brock on Saturday by the way).

Please give us more of the Corvette engineer talks, they were a huge hit. The Corvette team is really a great group of people and chatting with them took the edge off waiting for my C7.

Thanks for listening, you guys put on a great show year after year.
:cheers:

Bill

m kraz 08-27-2013 06:40 PM

hi lance thay should do the judged show on sat and not make you
come back on sun for the trophy :crazy2:

Bill Dearborn 08-27-2013 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by SCCACornerWorker (Post 1584758885)
Let me tell you that it is absolute b.s. that GM packed up early and left. I arrived at 1:30pm on Sunday.. gone.

I was one of the few who attempted to see the C7's on Sunday only to arrive and find that they were all gone (with the exception of a yellow one).

I plan on contacting Carlisle events on Monday to let them know that they need to establish a more firm commitment from manufacturers and vendors for Sundays. The trip was a waste. Half of the vendors were gone by 1:30pm also. Not good in my opinion.

It has been that way for years and at all of the events not just the Corvette event. Sunday is the day you go early and see what deals you can get as prices usually drop quite a bit since people don't want to take stuff home with them.

Bill