CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Whuu huuu!!! Wife gave me permission to order my dream car!!!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3337747-whuu-huuu-wife-gave-me-permission-to-order-my-dream-car.html)

shaan 09-10-2013 01:39 AM

Whuu huuu!!! Wife gave me permission to order my dream car!!!!!

As the title says, Wife gave me permission to order my dream car, let the count down begin, better late then never :D

Here is my order :rock:

Torch Red
Z51
2LT
Auto
Adrenaline Red Seats
Silver Painted wheels
Roof panel, 1‐Piece Visible Carbon Fiber
Red Painted Calipers
Battery Protection
Mag Ride
Nav
Carbon dash
NPP
Museum Delivery :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sin City 09-10-2013 01:44 AM

Happy wife... happy life. :)

shaan 09-10-2013 01:46 AM

It was under one condition, she gets to come for the museum delivery :lol:

User 2623 09-10-2013 01:57 AM

I have never understood this ..... wife permission thing?
But whatevarrrr...

AVETTE 09-10-2013 02:05 AM

Most successful long term marriages involve compromise, those of us who get that say, congrats dude! Many people from failed marriages or soon to be failed marriages, don't... It's not that you need permission, it's that you understand that major decisions are usually joint decisions, especially if you are not independently wealthy... Enjoy the car and spousal support, you can have some "fun" in or on the car now :)

shaan 09-10-2013 02:09 AM

:iagree: :D

Originally Posted by AVETTE (Post 1584883039)
Most successful long term marriages involve compromise, those of us who get that say, congrats dude! Many people from failed marriages or soon to be failed marriages, don't... It's not that you need permission, it's that you understand that major decisions are usually joint decisions, especially if you are not independently wealthy... Enjoy the car and spousal support, you can have some "fun" in or on the car now :)

SD1 09-10-2013 03:00 AM

Its a little more complicated than that. My EX used to buy cars for me.

Whatever the story, if you want one, I hope you get it and enjoy it. I had some epic rides with my spouse in the passenger seat.

Seapar 09-10-2013 03:07 AM

Congrats to the OP. It looks like your build will be stunning.
Keep us posted after you pick up the car at the museum.

vettelover69 09-10-2013 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by matthewelle (Post 1584883028)
But whatevarrrr...

Exactly.

If I had to ask my wife permission to buy a car I don't think I would be telling the world.

So will you get to drive it when you want? Or will you need permission from the wife?

Stingray23 09-10-2013 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by matthewelle (Post 1584883028)
But whatevarrrr...

Originally Posted by vettelover69 (Post 1584883167)
Exactly.

If I had to ask my wife permission to buy a car I don't think I would be telling the world.

So will you get to drive it when you want? Or will you need permission from the wife?

:iagree:

CantonVette 09-10-2013 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by shaan (Post 1584882980)
As the title says, Wife gave me permission to order my dream car, let the count down begin, better late then never :D

Here is my order :rock:

Torch Red
Z51
2LT
Auto
Adrenaline Red Seats
Silver Painted wheels
Roof panel, 1‐Piece Visible Carbon Fiber
Red Painted Calipers
Battery Protection
Mag Ride
Nav
Carbon dash
NPP
Museum Delivery :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Congratulations! Nice order!!

runutzzzzz 09-10-2013 07:12 AM

Exactly.

:leaving:

Honey, can I have my balls back. J/K

Congrats on the order!

R&L's C6 09-10-2013 07:14 AM

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^

Congrats OP....:thumbs:

GOLD72 09-10-2013 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by shaan (Post 1584882994)
It was under one condition, she gets to come for the museum delivery :lol:

:iagree: Having brought my wife to three NCM deliveries, I now know why she doesn't complain too much when I buy a new vette. :D

gthal 09-10-2013 07:22 AM

Congrats!

P.S. Don't let the marriage tough guys get to you :). Either they aren't married, are divorced or would hide their response to threads like this from their spouses for fear of a beat down :lol:

GOLD72 09-10-2013 07:23 AM

:iagree: BINGO!!! Still on the first marriage after 33 years. :D

runutzzzzz 09-10-2013 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by gthal (Post 1584883437)
Congrats!

P.S. Don't let the marriage tough guys get to you :). Either they aren't married, are divorced or would hide their response to threads like this from their spouses for fear of a beat down :lol:

I'll show my wife this thread and my response with a smile! :D

She came into the marriage knowing that I will spend my money how I want to spend my money. Then again, she doesn't complain when she has a nice new shiny ride! Over 30 Cars in the 9 years we have been married :willy:

gthal 09-10-2013 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1584883472)
I'll show my wife this thread and my response with a smile! :D

She came into the marriage knowing that I will spend my money how I want to spend my money. Then again, she doesn't complain when she has a nice new shiny ride! Over 30 Cars in the 9 years we have been married :willy:

At the end of the day, it's whatever works! :thumbs:

talon90 09-10-2013 07:46 AM

Awesome! :cheers:

Jaycajun 09-10-2013 07:47 AM

Exactly.

So you would be OK with your wife spending over $60K on a car without discussing it with you? I doubt it.....