CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Height adjustement with or without driver ??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3344300-height-adjustement-with-or-without-driver.html)

always faster 09-22-2013 01:38 AM

Height adjustement with or without driver ???

Im looking to adjust my car height and i was wondering if i should do it with a driver in the car or without it ???

The car normally drop about 1/8 inch on the driver side when i get in.

racebum 09-22-2013 01:52 AM

either way should have the same end result. the drivers side would be set 1/16th to 1/8th higher than the passenger side.

use two points of reference. the fenders, while not the most ideal place are easy to measure and actually work pretty well provided the car is level and set right to start with. i normally measure any car at a minimum of 4 frame points and the fenders. the numbers should all jive if you get ride height correct.

Solofast 09-22-2013 09:24 AM

The easiest and best way to do it (provided you don't have scales to corner weight it) is to turn the screws on each axle the same amount of turns. That is the LR and RR screws should be each turned the same number of turns.

That way you keep the original corner height relationship and weights (which are not that bad from the factory).

This way you don't have to worry about driver or no driver.

always faster 09-22-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by racebum (Post 1584978708)
either way should have the same end result. the drivers side would be set 1/16th to 1/8th higher than the passenger side.

use two points of reference. the fenders, while not the most ideal place are easy to measure and actually work pretty well provided the car is level and set right to start with. i normally measure any car at a minimum of 4 frame points and the fenders. the numbers should all jive if you get ride height correct.

Exaclty, i dont use the fender but the J and K point on the frame to have it correclty done.

Originally Posted by Solofast (Post 1584979688)
The easiest and best way to do it (provided you don't have scales to corner weight it) is to turn the screws on each axle the same amount of turns. That is the LR and RR screws should be each turned the same number of turns.

That way you keep the original corner height relationship and weights (which are not that bad from the factory).

This way you don't have to worry about driver or no driver.

So fopr example if im dropping the Right Rear 2 turn, i should have the Left Rear drop by 2 turn and if im droppiong the Front Right by 3 turn i should have the Left Front by 3 turn also ???

Solofast 09-22-2013 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by always faster (Post 1584980133)
So fopr example if im dropping the Right Rear 2 turn, i should have the Left Rear drop by 2 turn and if im droppiong the Front Right by 3 turn i should have the Left Front by 3 turn also ???

Yup