CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3351730-anyone-liking-their-c6-more-than-c7.html)

Kevin_NYC 10-04-2013 01:32 PM

Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7?

I have been reviewing all the actual C7 delivery pics...I am extremely happy for all new C7 owners, as taking delivery of the latest Vette is one of life tru pleasures!

I like my base, narrow body '12 C6 even more now:

-Factory order form McMulkin for $43K
-New Seats and better interior materials in '12
-Love the huge classic red after-burner rear lights

The C6 body just seems clean and classic; and having to pay $10K more just doesnt seem right at this point.

When C7 are fully loaded with discounts for $43-45K I will buy

Walt White Coupe 10-04-2013 01:42 PM

Not me.

wrh3 10-04-2013 01:43 PM

I am still enjoying my C6 but the new C7 is nice too- in person I think they look better than the pictures I had seen up to that point. Like you, I will wait for the prices to come down before I jump on the C7 bandwagon if I ever do.

not08crmanymore 10-04-2013 01:51 PM

I can't get used to the overall body style of the C7. I look at it one way and it's kind of nice,then another way it looks hideous..yet another way and I see that stupid GM chrome thing going thru the grill in front and :ack:..then there's that back freaking little side window there...:crazy2:...Yesterday for a second the roof line looked just like a Nissan 370 Z...the back end mid section like an ACURA TL...:leaving:...i COULD CARE less about the taillights,it's the overall car I find slightly less then hideous 98% of the time and for that reason I will be Buried in my GS!!

Kevin_NYC 10-04-2013 01:59 PM

I think the only colors that work are Black, Grey, Silver

That lower-rear black facia/valence really break up the symetry on lighter color cars

I love British Racing Green / Saddle and will have to restrain myself from pulling that Lime Rock Green trigger; own a Vintage 250 SL Roadster in same colors.

BWF07 10-04-2013 01:59 PM

Hard to say. I still enjoy my C6 and I do like the lines on it, front, side and rear. When they unveiled the C7 in Detroit, I was completely disappointed, not only with the rear treatment but also the new little window on teh side , but now that they are being delivered and I have watched them at the museum, I am really warming up to the C7. But I guess I cannot say that I like it more the my C6.
When I had my C5, I like the C6, but I never said that I did not like my C5 any longer, even when I moved up to the C6 I missed my C5 at times.

dvilin 10-04-2013 02:06 PM

I like my C6 but the C7 is definitely a more aggressive looking car. It has many improvements and in a few months when they are a more freguent sight on the road, the C6 will look dated. That is to everyone except those in denial.

billyboy47 10-04-2013 03:22 PM

whats not to like about the c7? everything about the car is more superior than the c6. you have people that have or had the p car coming over to the c7 side. even mustang guys are interested in the c7, more so than the c6. sports car fanatics know a great car when they see them, the c7 imo is the real deal. quite a few guys on the c6 put the c7 down mainly because they can't afford it right at the moment. the c7 is going to be a big seller, if chevrolet handles it right. this allocation crap is bs.:smash:

Hameister 10-04-2013 03:34 PM

"Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7?"

Let's see,....asking that question on a C6 forum, hmmm.

That's like asking, does anyone here like Dunkin' Donuts. :lol:

manic mike 10-04-2013 03:38 PM

Let's be honest. If we had the opportunity to trade our C6 for a C7 straight up, no strings attached, no money exchanged, probably 90% or more of us would. For me, I am waiting until the circumstances are right including the settling down of the current frenzy.

Corvette Junkie 10-04-2013 03:42 PM

:yawn:

Kevin_NYC 10-04-2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1585090265)
whats not to like about the c7? everything about the car is more superior than the c6. you have people that have or had the p car coming over to the c7 side. even mustang guys are interested in the c7, more so than the c6. sports car fanatics know a great car when they see them, the c7 imo is the real deal. quite a few guys on the c6 put the c7 down mainly because they can't afford it right at the moment. the c7 is going to be a big seller, if chevrolet handles it right. this allocation crap is bs.:smash:

Well, maybe we got wealthy not making snap decisions, eating massive depreciation, and forgoeing free rebates to the tune of $5000-7000

I didnt get my Ford GT by doing above:cool:

mfj427 10-04-2013 03:54 PM

good luck to the C7, lets see what she looks like in 4 years though for me.

[IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps161eaa71.jpg[/IMG]

mirage2991 10-04-2013 04:00 PM

lol yeah, some of us have c6zr1, we can afford a c7 to beat around and drive to the airport with... but some of us like to wait for better deals, or simply like me are not sold on its look... and plus they don't have a c7z out...so we'd be downgrading

427CRM2143 10-04-2013 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by manic mike (Post 1585090387)
Let's be honest. If we had the opportunity to trade our C6 for a C7 straight up, no strings attached, no money exchanged, probably 90% or more of us would. For me, I am waiting until the circumstances are right including the settling down of the current frenzy.

Not me, nor will I when/if the hi po versions come out. I know a good thing when I have it. And I have it!

Seriously, trade this:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...psa7262d2b.jpg

For this (And I am being generous with a cartoon vice a real pic... One of the only cars I have seen lately that looks better virtually than in person...):

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...d_kerbeck.jpeg

Nope!
"C7... Not even once!"
:lol:

RobLo 10-04-2013 04:18 PM

I saw my first C7 in the flesh today...2 of them actually side by side at a Long Island dealership. After not being impressed by the pictures, upon seeing it in person it blew me away, just beautiful! One was a green, Z51, chrome wheel package, 2 tops, Museum delivery (I asked why is it in NY, they said buyer was a big Corvette guy who wanted it first delivered to N.Y. and then was having it shipped back to Bowling Green for pickup, didn't make sense to me), listed for 75K and the other a blue 2LT with not many other options, listed around 54K. I asked the salesman who said (on the sly) that right now they're getting about 5-6K over list. If you haven't seen the car in person, don't be too quick to judge as it takes on a whole new personality when you see it. Sat in one and started it up (and showed the salesman how to index the windows, LOL), watching the instrument panel come alive as it starts is amazing...doing the numbers in my head for a 2015, definitely on the list! :cheers:

BobMercer 10-04-2013 04:22 PM

I love the clean uncluttered lines of my '12 Torch Red Coupe. I have yet to see a '14 in person, but it appears to be a bit "busy" with all of the vents and scoops, etc. Kind of reminds me of how the '58 compares to a '59/60. They removed the fake louvers from the hood and the chromes strips from the trunk lid on the '58, and the two subsequent years were perfection to my teen eyes. Sometimes less is better. YMMV

Thomasmoto 10-04-2013 04:34 PM

Yes, I'm still deeply in love with our 11 supercharged Grand Sport. It would take 700 plus hp and a wide body to lure me away.

Tropicana 10-04-2013 04:35 PM

A dude who has his C7 shipped to NY just to gaze at it for a moment and then ships it back for meseum dlivery needs to do something to right his Karma.

richie15 10-04-2013 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by BobMercer (Post 1585090775)
I love the clean uncluttered lines of my '12 Torch Red Coupe. I have yet to see a '14 in person, but it appears to be a bit "busy" with all of the vents and scoops, etc. Kind of reminds me of how the '58 compares to a '59/60. They removed the fake louvers from the hood and the chromes strips from the trunk lid on the '58, and the two subsequent years were perfection to my teen eyes. Sometimes less is better. YMMV

"Busy" is the exact same thought I have about the C7.I realize all the vents/scoops are functional but there's just a little too much stuff breaking up the lines for me. And the stingray emblem is kind of JC Whitney. My dealer has an extra 5g's tacked on for "market adjustment" so that's a good deterrent for me to wait without even discussing the rear-end design.:crazy2:

not08crmanymore 10-04-2013 04:36 PM

quite a few guys on the c6 put the c7 down mainly because they can't afford it right at the moment.
um,if you can afford a C6 you can afford a C7..It could be that some of us JUST DON'T FIND THE C7 ATTRACTIVE!As a matter of fact,I find it down right ugly from most angles I look at.Nothing to do with what I can afford,my c6 or any other damn thing...and I won't hold my breath for the "p" car people to come over...

QUAKEJAKE 10-04-2013 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585089607)
I like my C6 but the C7 is definitely a more aggressive looking car. It has many improvements and in a few months when they are a more freguent sight on the road, the C6 will look dated. That is to everyone except those in denial.

Interestingly disagree. I got to view and sat in my first C7 last week. The 3LT interior is a home run for Corvette but the exterior looked a bit "Feminine" IMHO. So I said to myself maybe it'll look more aggressive on the street. Well fast forward to yesterday. I had the pleasure of seeing a locally purchased CG Z51 C7 on the road twice. Once during a slow turn and the other at speed. Although a nice to look at sports car it seemed to blend in to traffic to me. It did not give me that "Have to have that car" feeling like the first time I viewed a ZO6 in the showroom let alone on the street. I HAD TO trade my C6 coupe in within a year after. I can't imagine trading a car that looks like and is in fact track ready plus $30K on a car that looks to me less aggressive. In my opinion the C7 looks less aggressive, sits to high looks to narrow to stand out. I'm greatly hoping the C7Z whatever aero/body mods knock the C6Z's out of the park so that I can look forward to my future with Corvette. Honestly a "427" Vert. is looking very tempting now.

QUAKEJAKE 10-04-2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585090360)
"Anyone liking their C6 MORE than C7?"

Let's see,....asking that question on a C6 forum, hmmm.

That's like asking, does anyone here like Dunkin' Donuts. :lol:

Ya, Try putting this on the C7 side and you'll be labeled a Hater or the Thread will be locked.

QUAKEJAKE 10-04-2013 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mfj427 (Post 1585090539)
good luck to the C7, lets see what she looks like in 4 years though for me.

[IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps161eaa71.jpg[/IMG]

You had to go and post this .Didn't you.:D

Racer 10-04-2013 05:21 PM

Can't wait until these threads just die, as I said in the other thread, this is deja vu to the C5 forum when the C6 came out. Guys, it's OK to like the C7 even if is newer and better in almost every way. :cheers:

BillH2121 10-04-2013 05:31 PM

I'm one that likes the looks of the C6 and is not enamored with the looks of the C7 rear end. Would I get a C7 if money was no object - hell yes! The C7 is the next step in the technological evolution of the vette and I bet within a year most everyone will adjust to its looks and love it - just like other iterations of the vette. Forward several years to the debut of the C8 and many will be talking about the classic lines of the C7 and how they ruined it with the C8!

Kingspoke 10-04-2013 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1585091297)
Can't wait until these threads just die, as I said in the other thread, this is deja vu to the C5 forum when the C6 came out. Guys, it's OK to like the C7 even if is newer and better in almost every way. :cheers:

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry :cry
I want a C7, I want a C7, I..... really ......
........................................ ..don't................................. ........................................ .....................want ........................................ ......................one!:D

Must drink more C7 Kool aid, must drink more C7, must drink more C7 Kool aid, :spit:

jversluis 10-04-2013 05:33 PM

Loving my 427

QUAKEJAKE 10-04-2013 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1585091297)

Look Racer. Money is not much of a deterrent to some of us. If we thought the C7 in present form was the better,nicer looking car, whatever, we would trade our C6s' in in a heartbeat. I personally had no issue trading in my 98 vert for a new 06 coupe,then for an 07 Z. All because I found the successive vehicles more appealing visually and notably performance improved. Money was not even remotely a deciding factor. IMO the C6Z New and used is still the best performance bang for the buck on the long line of Corvette models. The C7Z51 runs a close second but IMO does not look like a performance minded Vette that stands out in the crowd of MODERN muscle.

Joe1968ny 10-04-2013 05:40 PM

Still can't get used to the rear end. Front and interior rock. So still loving my C6 GS

R&L's C6 10-04-2013 05:50 PM

Although I really like most things about the C7 over the C6, I just cant justify the price now. I paid 42k for my 2011 new and it only has 9700 miles on it. In order for me to trade up, I would be looking at around 30k. As much as I like the C7, it's just not worth the extra money to me.

Someday.....:yesnod:

RMOSSB12 10-04-2013 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1585091583)
Although I really like most things about the C7 over the C6, I just cant justify the price now. I paid 42k for my 2011 new and it only has 9700 miles on it. In order for me to trade up, I would be looking at around 30k. As much as I like the C7, it's just not worth the extra money to me.

Someday.....:yesnod:

you and me both, buddy. You and me both. Some of these people have unlimited funds and can afford to trade up every year. Not me, gotta be happy with what you have sometimes or you'll always chase the dream instead of living it.

billyboy47 10-04-2013 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by mirage2991 (Post 1585090588)
lol yeah, some of us have c6zr1, we can afford a c7 to beat around and drive to the airport with... but some of us like to wait for better deals, or simply like me are not sold on its look... and plus they don't have a c7z out...so we'd be downgrading

well when the c7 z cars come out you'll be drooling. and i said for those that can afford too buy now. i'll wait for the 015, but either way i'll have one. since i don't track my car, it won't be a z model.:yesnod:

Mad*Max 10-04-2013 06:37 PM

me too...all that plastic makes it too 80s for me

Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC (Post 1585089271)
I have been reviewing all the actual C7 delivery pics...I am extremely happy for all new C7 owners, as taking delivery of the latest Vette is one of life tru pleasures!

The C6 body just seems clean and classic; and having to pay $10K more just doesnt seem right at this point.

Too-Fast 10-04-2013 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1585090900)
um,if you can afford a C6 you can afford a C7..It could be that some of us JUST DON'T FIND THE C7 ATTRACTIVE!As a matter of fact,I find it down right ugly from most angles I look at.Nothing to do with what I can afford,my c6 or any other damn thing...and I won't hold my breath for the "p" car people to come over...

:iagree:

Hameister 10-04-2013 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tropicana (Post 1585090891)
A dude who has his C7 shipped to NY just to gaze at it for a moment and then ships it back for meseum dlivery needs to do something to right his Karma.

I don't believe it for a second.

No one is that nuts.

TurkeySlugger 10-04-2013 08:15 PM

I cant wait to see the new Z I think she will have that wow factor. The current one does just not like the C6. lol

plmkrzy 10-04-2013 08:18 PM

No C7 in my near future. I love my 2012 Grand Sport. Maybe in a few years, but not now. :nonod::nonod:

ATC399 10-04-2013 08:27 PM

I like the "7" and will get one when the C7Z07/6 is sold..But I could careless what mustang/Porsche owners think about it..I want it because its a Vette...Vettes have been the "real deal" since the C1(ok the C3 had some issues) for true Vette fans...but not for the "johnny come latelys...the New Vette fans...welll...nevermind

su8pack1 10-04-2013 08:43 PM

:yesnod:

RobLo 10-04-2013 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585092392)

No one is that nuts.

Straight from the salesman's mouth....and we ALL know how honest they are! :rock: He said it was there for a Corvette show they were having on Sunday (dealer is Atlantic Chevrolet in Bay Shore, Long Island) and was then being shipped back to Bowling Green...he didn't say but I got the impression it might have been the owner of the dealership's car, that would make sense. Anyway, the $990 Museum Delivery fee was right on the sticker...

Hameister 10-04-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by RobLo (Post 1585093090)
Straight from the salesman's mouth....and we ALL know how honest they are! :rock: He said it was there for a Corvette show they were having on Sunday (dealer is Atlantic Chevrolet in Bay Shore, Long Island) and was then being shipped back to Bowling Green...he didn't say but I got the impression it might have been the owner of the dealership's car, that would make sense. Anyway, the $990 Museum Delivery fee was right on the sticker...

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not questioning your integrity at all.

It's the salesman who I don't believe. Every new car I have purchased, throughout my entire life, (about 10), has been marred by some BS I was told by a salesman. Something that a week later, or a month later, turned out to be completely untrue.

Sometimes they were well meaning, but were not knowledgeable, or misinformed.

Sometimes, they intentionally lied about something.

Sometimes, it was what they should have told me, and didn't, that created a problem.

I literally hate, having to deal with car salesman. I trust none of them!

Eritosthenes 10-04-2013 09:31 PM

My C6 is a vert *without* OnStar. Ordered it that way. When I can order a C7 vert without, I'll think about it.

TLS_Addict 10-04-2013 09:49 PM

I saw one this week in person (C7) and I have to say that I think it looks worse in person. If it was the only Vette out there I would most likely have it, but since I have a C6......I wont be trading.

Those who like it, thats awesome, its a great car and you should enjoy it. Life is short. :)

The Director 10-04-2013 10:21 PM

I looked at one. The interior was too funky, the rear end is just not Corvette, and the hood scoop slits look cheap. :ack:

IMHO, the C6 Grand Sport is a much nicer looking car. :yesnod:

Goaty 10-05-2013 12:04 AM

So if someone doesn't share your opinion that the C6 will look dated then they are in denial?

Once the hoopla fades there is no doubt the C7 will age poorly. It has a striking design but it isn't the kind that will stand the test of time, particularly the rear.

bladex10 10-05-2013 12:39 AM

I always lol at these kind of threads. It's like someone calling you ugly at school so you have to go home to your family to get reassurance.

texvette2 10-05-2013 12:55 AM

The C6 is so obsolete looking now. So if really drove it. I would have had
the money down on a C7. Just seldom drive it now 9,000 miles. And the fact,
like said in another post. The depressed trade get on the C6 would have
to come up with $50,000. Just don't know if worth it for so few miles driven

texvette2 10-05-2013 01:02 AM

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
So true salesmen are just
flat full of it. Guess if they could really do something in life wouldn't
be sitting on the steps of a car dealership all day.

But you're right, the moment you pull up their mouth start to run.

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585093216)

It's the salesman who I don't believe. Every new car I have purchased, throughout my entire life, (about 10), has been marred by some BS I was told by a salesman. Something that a week later, or a month later, turned out to be completely untrue.

Sometimes, it was what they should have told me, and didn't, that created a problem.

Rebel 1 10-05-2013 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1585090900)

:iagree: 100%

dvilin 10-05-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1585094672)
So if someone doesn't share your opinion that the C6 will look dated then they are in denial?

Once the hoopla fades there is no doubt the C7 will age poorly. It has a striking design but it isn't the kind that will stand the test of time, particularly the rear.

Thanks for the perfect example, with time your condition will improve.

LIE2ME 10-05-2013 09:54 AM

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/...pse12c6d32.jpg

Too-Fast 10-05-2013 10:11 AM

I DISAGREE...count me in your 10% that would not trade my 2011 Z06/Z07 for a C7. Nothing about the C7 makes me want it; not disparaging those that do, but me thinks you presume too much.

Goaty 10-05-2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585096039)
Thanks for the perfect example, with time your condition will improve.

Perfect example of what? I merely asked you a question. Nice try at being a smart ass, it didn't work.

dvilin 10-05-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1585096433)
Perfect example of what? I merely asked you a question. Nice try at being a smart ass, it didn't work.

There you go again, typical of people in denial, must lash out at others. People in denial such as yourself do not ask questions looking for answers.

hdkeno 10-05-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585092392)

No one is that nuts.

Dont be too sure about that,lot of crazies out there,nothing surprises me anymore......:crazy2:

Goaty 10-05-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585096511)
There you go again, typical of people in denial, must lash out at others. People in denial such as yourself do not ask questions looking for answers.

Nope, another failed attempt. When someone expresses an opinion that you disagree with you consider that to be denial. Keep trying buddy.

Cherokee Nation 10-05-2013 11:19 AM

My C6 looks like Miss America now compared to the C7 thing,.,.:)

RobLo 10-05-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585093216)

Understood and totally agree with you, thanks! :cheers:

YELW 06 Z51 10-05-2013 12:03 PM

I like the c7 from the front. The side profile im not too crazy over and the rear just doesnt do anything for me. Looks like I'll be happily staying with what I have!

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 10-05-2013 12:35 PM

Here's my thoughts on the C7.

I think that it is a better car overall than the C6, as far as it has technology advancements, as almost every new model has (understandably). I'm sure it may be slightly faster, but who can really feel 2 or 3 tenths of a second faster (0-60), and how often does the average driver do that (unless you race your car).

I do believe that it will probably corner and hold the road slightly better at the MAX. And it has a lot of 'cool' new technology (but some of us prefer less complicated) in the dash and better seats for sure.

All that being said, everyone has their own thoughts on what looks good to them and while the new C7 does make the C6 look a little dated, it by no means make the C6 look worse than it has always looked (a beautiful car in my eyes). Heck I even think the C5 is a great looking car. :yesnod:

I congratulate all those who are in, or will be in a new C7 soon. It should be a great car. :thumbs:

I myself, really like the smoother lines of the C6 (especially the wide bodies) as opposed to the creases and vents in the C7. It looks a little too European to me and I am still not crazy about the back (although I don't hate it like some people do), it's a little busy for me.

I don't understand why some of those getting the C7 have become so derogatory of the C6 AND I don't understand why some C6 owners have trashed the C7 so much. :confused2:

We all drive Corvettes and that is a great thing. We are luckier than most. :yesnod:

I think it's great if you like the C7 and can get one, AND it's also great if you own an earlier model Corvette (regardless of the year) and prefer that one over a C7.

To each there own. :cool:

I will be keeping my 'dated' C6 for a very long time and enjoying every minute of it. :D

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...psaf2e7307.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps873e807a.jpg

meadowz06 10-05-2013 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC (Post 1585089271)

No. The C7 is head and shoulders above the C6 in exterior and interior, and I own and love my C6!

TLS_Addict 10-05-2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585097479)
No. The C7 is head and shoulders above the C6 in exterior and interior, and I own and love my C6!

Bold is purely subjective.

meadowz06 10-05-2013 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict (Post 1585097550)
Bold is purely subjective.

If you say so. But Stevie Wonder could see that the C7 is better looking than a C6!

The Director 10-05-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585097741)
If you say so. But Stevie Wonder could see that the C7 is better looking than a C6!

Hogwash :yawn:

direct007 10-05-2013 02:30 PM

I'm trying to be rational. If money was no object, I'd have a new one in my possession right now. I really like the c7 but In 3 years these $70,000 c7's will be selling used for about $40,000. Do I like the car enough to blow $30k ? Will my driving experience be THAT much better than my C6 which I absolutely love? I've got nobody to impress but myself so I think I'll wait and enjoy my C6 just a bit longer :o)

Jaxon 10-05-2013 04:28 PM

I didn't get the new I phone when it came out. Am I in denial that I really want one.
I wouldn't trade my C6 on a C7. I don't like them. BTW, there are several exotics that I don't like the look of and would never own, regardless of the price. If the car was free I would sell it.
The above statements aren't a dig on anyone that likes the C7. If you like it, go buy it. To say that everyone must admit to liking it are or they are in denial is absurd.

Hameister 10-05-2013 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by meadowz06 (Post 1585097741)

Originally Posted by The Director (Post 1585097932)
Hogwash :yawn:

Good Lord!

Why can't folks just agree, that a car's "look", it's cosmetic appeal, both inside, and out, is purely subjective.

What's gorgeous to one person, is bland to another, simple.

There is no right, or wrong.

Hell, I still think the C5 is one of, if not the best looking 'vette ever made, surpassed only by the '63 split window coupe.

I guess that makes me :crazy2: :lol:

GrandSportRob 10-05-2013 04:51 PM

Saw the C7 in person 3 times, not impressed, too busy, Camaro tailights, full sticker price. Have much better things to spend money on. Besides, I'm having too much fun with this widebody beast:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...ker/GS1003.jpg

dvilin 10-05-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jaxon (Post 1585098825)
I didn't get the new I phone when it came out. Am I in denial that I really want one.
I wouldn't trade my C6 on a C7. I don't like them. BTW, there are several exotics that I don't like the look of and would never own, regardless of the price. If the car was free I would sell it.
The above statements aren't a dig on anyone that likes the C7. If you like it, go buy it. To say that everyone must admit to liking it are or they are in denial is absurd.

dvilin 10-05-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Goaty (Post 1585096643)
Nope, another failed attempt. When someone expresses an opinion that you disagree with you consider that to be denial. Keep trying buddy.

Uh okay "Buddy".:eek::crazy:

vara411 10-05-2013 05:50 PM

It's like I said in the C7 forum where this debate is also raging:

I would agree that the C7 makes the C6 look dated - from a technological standpoint - but that in no way makes the C6 any less desirable or attractive.

Me personally, I'm in LOVE with the C7 (sans rear end), but that doesn't stop my eyes from following a C5 or C6 each and every time I see one.

About to sound cheesy here, but this car is an ICON. It has a "soul," if you will. It's more of a continuum, rather than just an isolated model. There's always going to be something newer. That's life. But every Corvette is unmistakable, every Corvette is part of a long, storied heritage of American engineering. :flag:

Let's just all enjoy the ride, shall we? :steering:

Hameister 10-05-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585099206)

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585099237)
Uh okay "Buddy".:eek::crazy:

You and I had a disagreement some time back, because you were needlessly offensive.

You're doing the same thing here. 3 people pointed out that your remark about "being in denial" was offensive.

Frankly, when I read your remark, it struck me the same way. I thought, why am I in denial, simply because I don't share your opinion?

Wouldn't it be so much better to just respond by saying, "sorry, that was a poor choice of words." End of issue.

Instead you choose to respond as you have with more disrespect.

Makes no sense.

08 ATOMIC-Z 10-05-2013 06:56 PM

YES! Hands down.

conlaurant 10-05-2013 07:22 PM

I think the C7 is a wonderful car and I'm sure one day I will have one, but until you have and drive a Callaway 606, 460hp even in a Ferrari or Lamborghini wouldn't work for me. Once you feel power, it's hard to go back, even if other areas are superior. It's a Corvette, so the C7 will prove to be another amazing product just like my C6 is/was. Check with me in 48 mos.

LIE2ME 10-05-2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by vara411 (Post 1585099339)
It's like I said in the C7 forum where this debate is also raging:

I would agree that the C7 makes the C6 look dated - from a technological standpoint - but that in no way makes the C6 any less desirable or attractive.

Me personally, I'm in LOVE with the C7 (sans rear end), but that doesn't stop my eyes from following a C5 or C6 each and every time I see one.

About to sound cheesy here, but this car is an ICON. It has a "soul," if you will. It's more of a continuum, rather than just an isolated model. There's always going to be something newer. That's life. But every Corvette is unmistakable, every Corvette is part of a long, storied heritage of American engineering. :flag:

Let's just all enjoy the ride, shall we? :steering:

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/...psf893936d.jpg

Jim2003 10-05-2013 07:31 PM

I love my 2013 C6. I ordered it to avoid the C7. I am extremely happy with my car. It is so much better than my 03 C5.

ls1121 10-05-2013 07:34 PM

Ya just got to love these " my father can beat up your father" conversations. Just goes to show the old saying "little boys never grow up their toys just get more expensive" :toetap:

Now for the original question, I really like my C6. I really like my 98 Z28 also............... when the C7 is around for a while and year end prices get to be like they were on the c6 end of 2012 and 2013 I will buy a C7 and still keep my C6 because that's what I do. :cheers: I liked the C7 the moment I saw a photo, I haven't seen one in person but I will. I think ALL Corvettes are Real Nice. I also think 51% of the population is stupid and the other 49% are suspect. lmao. I don't care much for that hole in the hood though and when I get mine I will have the body shop cover it up, will be a much nicer look. :rofl:

v.vet's Z06 10-05-2013 08:12 PM

Love my Z06!

:flag:

dvilin 10-05-2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1585099403)
You and I had a disagreement some time back, because you were needlessly offensive.

You're doing the same thing here. 3 people pointed out that your remark about "being in denial" was offensive.

Frankly, when I read your remark, it struck me the same way. I thought, why am I in denial, simply because I don't share your opinion?

Wouldn't it be so much better to just respond by saying, "sorry, that was a poor choice of words." End of issue.

Instead you choose to respond as you have with more disrespect.

Makes no sense.

Must you always jump in and bore people with your lame messages. Really do not need any preaching from you.

chubbs6350 10-05-2013 09:12 PM

I think the base c7 is a little nicer than the base c6, but that's not saying much cause I just don't really like any base models for most cars. For example I like the c5z better than the base c6. I think the c7 really needs to be lowered once purchased, the rear looks off for a lot of reasons (not just the lights), it's narrow body doesn't suit the car, and the whole car doesn't look original "corvette" anymore (which is why I've always loved corvettes since the first time I saw one) The c6Zr1 in my opinion makes the c7 look ugly, I love every part of the exterior, I think it has a timeless beauty that will always look good and I just don't understand why anyone wouldn't spend a little more and get a good used one over a c7. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people think the c7 looks better than any other vette.

yellowzron 10-05-2013 09:56 PM

There will be those who like the new c7 and those who don't. Does this answer your question?

sprta 10-05-2013 10:50 PM

Saw the C7 at the Ocean City Md event and I have to admit it was awesome.....much better in person as pictures and video do not do it justice. The only down side was the rear just looked to busy.... a lot going on with the depth, lights, chrome etc. But having said that it attracted a huge crowd and they loved it. The C6 is a great car smooth lines classic look but the Corvette C7 is a special car.

Red12 10-05-2013 11:06 PM

I`m glad I didn`t wait.

Hameister 10-05-2013 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1585100639)
Must you always jump in and bore people with your lame messages. Really do not need any preaching from you.

Your response is just about what I expected.

Have a nice evening.

RMcoolX 10-06-2013 02:01 AM

I am loving my C6 more than the C7, but that does not mean that I wouldn't trade for a new C7 in about 2-3yrs if the price is right. My C6 was purchased well below invoice at 0% APR. Any C7 that makes it to my garage will have to come to me with the same deal. It must also be optioned with 2LT, transparent roof, and NPP, which are my must-have options that I have now on my C6.

p4snow 10-06-2013 07:25 AM

The C7 is beautiful, but...I love my C6 and SSB is no longer available as a color.

JerriVette 10-06-2013 08:03 AM

The internet repeats itself from the c6 introduction to the c7...

I remember what c5 owners were saying as the c6 released.

Reminds me what I've read here in this thread.

There can be more than one beautiful corvette.

I own a c6, think its great but prefer the c7...

Not enough to drop the coin on one..but I do prefer it.

Johnny Utah 10-06-2013 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by richie15 (Post 1585090897)
"Busy" is the exact same thought I have about the C7.I realize all the vents/scoops are functional but there's just a little too much stuff breaking up the lines for me. And the stingray emblem is kind of JC Whitney. My dealer has an extra 5g's tacked on for "market adjustment" so that's a good deterrent for me to wait without even discussing the rear-end design.:crazy2:

I agree..is it me or does the gauges look like the C4ish:confused2:
Obviously the 7 is more technology advanced,which is a good thing.

csf 10-06-2013 09:03 AM

Gonna be a great day. First I'm gonna run on my treadmill watching my 32" Sony Trinitron color TV. Then I'm gonna check my email on my Windows XP desktop. Then I'll eat breakfast while I listen to a Billy Joel album on my turntable. Then I'll shower, get dressed and take my '13 C6 GS for a spin. I guess I just like obsolete stuff.

LFZ 10-06-2013 09:10 AM

Finally saw a C7 up close and personal yesterday. It's an interesting car...I loved the style when it first was introduced but after seeing it in person... It's got some interesting design issues IMO. I like the blacked out rear diffuser and around the tailights, but why couldn't it be satin black.... Even gloss black...no, it's gloss black with some sort of glitter in the paint..wtf??

Anyways...I will definitely own whatever Z0X version of the C7, because the base model stingray performance is just overhyped and not that impressive to me.

pickleseimer 10-06-2013 09:40 AM

Getting back to the OP's question, they are both outstanding cars. The C7 should be a 'better' car all around, if it wasn't then it wouldn't be the hit that it is, the few naysayers aside. Time marches on and things improve based on what the market wants. To me, the C7 appearance is a home run. I see generational change as something good.

My thing is 'verts - gotta be a 'vert. I've got an '01, and bought a new 427 this past summer. I was wondering if the C5 would be relegated to the back of the shop after the 427 came home, but that isn't how it turned out. Both cars have their strengths and I drive them about the same miles per month. The C5 is an excellent road trip car, and the 427 is all about usable power on the street and legacy big cube motor in a vert. The LS3 just didn't cut it for me and the ZR1 didn't come as a 'vert, so there it is.

So I'm really liking the C6. And I'll be looking to add a C7 'vert when it steps up in the higher performance arena, which I have no doubt that it will. The C7 platform looks to be vastly open-ended for performance and I'm sure GM will leverage that as the years progress. An exciting time to witness.

billyboy47 10-06-2013 09:46 AM

beginning to rethink my opinion on the c7. after just coming back from the dark side (c7 forum) i see some owners are expeirencing some minor to more than minor problems with their cars. one owner even had the brake peddle come loose on him. that could be a real problem on the highway.:willy: i know, first year issues come with every vehicle, but it seems like there are just too many issues when you pay that kind of money.:ack: i don't recall the first year c6 having that many problems. i was really considering the c7 but after visiting the c7 forum, i think i just might wait a couple more years.:crazy:

wayback 10-06-2013 09:48 AM

Well my oldest son came home from work yesterday all excited. There was a C7 in the parking lot as he left work. He went to look and the owner was in it so they talked for awhile. He said it was absolutely breathtaking.

He was kidding me as he was the first to see it in person. :(:lol::lol:
Told him well we will see who is the first to drive one.:rofl:

he was very impressed with the CG C7, but told me he did not think I should give up my C6 for one. He wants me to have both!!:D

Very smart son, I think.:rock::rock:

Larry/car 10-06-2013 09:49 AM

I'm into the C7. I currently am waiting for the hype to die before even starting to negotiate a deal. The design of the C6 is great and I still like the look. What sets the C7 apart is the electronics, the C6 just doesn't compare. The dash of the C6 looks bleak when compared next to the C7. My number one must have option is the integrated navigation system, using my iPhone nav is unsafe. Currently putting miles on my C6 to offset the depreciation.

Hameister 10-06-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by billyboy47 (Post 1585103493)
beginning to rethink my opinion on the c7. after just coming back from the dark side (c7 forum) i see some owners are expeirencing some minor to more than minor problems with their cars. one owner even had the brake peddle come loose on him. that could be a real problem on the highway.:willy: i know, first year issues come with every vehicle, but it seems like there are just too many issues when you pay that kind of money.:ack: i don't recall the first year c6 having that many problems. i was really considering the c7 but after visiting the c7 forum, i think i just might wait a couple more years.:crazy:

Ok, I'll start...

1st year C6, 2005 issue....dead battery every few days.

wayback 10-06-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Larry/car (Post 1585103512)
I'm into the C7. I currently am waiting for the hype to die before even starting to negotiate a deal. The design of the C6 is great and I still like the look. What sets the C7 apart is the electronics, the C6 just doesn't compare. The dash of the C6 looks bleak when compared next to the C7. My number one must have option is the integrated navigation system, using my iPhone nav is unsafe. Currently putting miles on my C6 to offset the depreciation.

I really like the C6 cluster. Very nice layout and easy to use. Granted it is not as high tech as the C7, but still a great design.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...2/DSC00353.jpg

That said, I also like the C7 layout. Two different styles, both great. :thumbs:

billyboy47 10-06-2013 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah (Post 1585103187)
I agree..is it me or does the gauges look like the C4ish:confused2:
Obviously the 7 is more technology advanced,which is a good thing.

it could be a good thing, then again, it could turn out to be brutal like some computer problems we expierence. it wouldn't be too bad if we we have the geek squad to connect to.:rock:

conlaurant 10-06-2013 10:17 AM

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...age-154010.jpg

Yes, for now at least.

R&L's C6 10-06-2013 10:22 AM

Face it everyone, those C6's are just buckets of bolts compared to the C7...:rofl::rofl:

Yes, I'm kidding...:D