CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Center Display issue 2 days after delivery (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3353353-center-display-issue-2-days-after-delivery.html)

Hot Rod Todd 10-07-2013 10:58 AM

Center Display issue 2 days after delivery

Picked up my New Torch Red Z51 Friday. Only had weather to get about 50 miles on it, but I am impressed and love the car.

On Sunday I fired it up and noticed the center display was jumping around. It doesn't matter what's on the screen, it just jumps and glitches like there is an intermittant conection of some type. I'll be getting it to the dealer soon to diagnose. Hopefully it's just a bad ribbon cable connection or something simular.

Anyone else see this issue?

HolyRoller 10-07-2013 11:46 AM

Sorry about that. Since it's a touch screen, are there any drops of water on it? My phone's touch screen goes bananas if it gets sweated or rained on in the least.

Hot Rod Todd 10-07-2013 12:31 PM

The screen is clean, so I don't think it's a touch screen issue. More like it's having trouble with sync, the display gets all jumbled up.

OddJob1971 10-07-2013 12:38 PM

Mine has done that a few times. My radio is having issues though, just randomly changes channels all over the place and won't read the iPod from any of the ports. I'm taking mine in tom.:ack:

Chevy Cust Svc 10-12-2013 04:11 PM

Hey odd job and Todd,

How did your dealer visits go? Were they able to repair the infotainment screen issues? Keep me posted, if there is something that I can do to help!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

kurt f 10-12-2013 04:20 PM

I have the same screen problem. Have owned the car for 5 days. Problem showed up on day 1. Have driven 1400 mils and car is GREAT. I just need the screen fixed.

CSixDude 10-12-2013 08:38 PM

I don't care for the LCD screens they used to replace the six pack gage cluster. I was just looking at the dash on the C6, and I really like the way it is laid out. Personally I think this reconfigurable LCD cluster was a bad move, and is just a gimmick that is going to create more confusion in the cockpit.

skip3389 10-12-2013 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd (Post 1585112069)
Picked up my New Torch Red Z51 Friday. Only had weather to get about 50 miles on it, but I am impressed and love the car.

On Sunday I fired it up and noticed the center display was jumping around. It doesn't matter what's on the screen, it just jumps and glitches like there is an intermittant conection of some type. I'll be getting it to the dealer soon to diagnose. Hopefully it's just a bad ribbon cable connection or something simular.

Anyone else see this issue?

My dads car is doing the same thing when I stream Pandora..... I lower the screen and back up again for short term fix

Chevy Cust Svc 10-13-2013 06:58 PM

kurt f,

Keep us informed if you head in -- we want to make sure everything is resolved!

skip3389,

Do you think your father will bring his Corvette in to get this checked out? Let us know if there's anything we can assist with.

Sarah (Assisting Kelly)
Chevrolet Customer Care

VRMMMM 10-13-2013 07:02 PM

Kinda cool that Chevy customer service is on this forum.

kurt f 10-13-2013 09:36 PM

GM rep thanks for being on this thread. I cannot have my center module checked for a week or two as I will have the car out of town. Also, if it is general problem maybe GM will have the fix.

jr3 10-14-2013 03:15 AM

Will any Chevy dealer be able to fix the cars that need these "issues" fixed that pop up on the C7 or will the customer need to ship the car to a dealer that had special C7 training? I mean some people could be out of state buyers that have issues.

Hot Rod Todd 10-14-2013 08:47 AM

My issue was fixed quickly. GM overnighted a new center display unit and I was on the road again. There is a switch that causes the screen to come on once it's up. It seems that it had an intermittant connection and would cause the screen to flash on and off (also causing the display to jump). The fix at this time is to replace the whole unit. I'm sure GM wants to look at it and attempt to determine the root cause to prevent it from happening in the future.

E.T.D. Corvettes 10-14-2013 12:15 PM

My center screen did the same thing once. All I did was lower it and raise it back up and it quit doing it.

Unreal 10-14-2013 12:18 PM

The screen in the car I borrowed didn't start once. That was annoying. Hit everything I could and it wouldn't turn on. Shut the car off, grabbed a snack, went back outside and it worked fine next start up.

retiredandhappy 10-14-2013 02:22 PM

Picked up my C7 last Wednesday. My screen does the same thing, doesn't matter what mode it is in. Dropping the screen down and bringing it back up sometimes fixes it. Cleaning the screen doesn't seem to help. Yesterday when I put my blinker on the whole screen went black.

BlueOx 10-14-2013 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd (Post 1585170523)
My issue was fixed quickly. GM overnighted a new center display unit and I was on the road again. There is a switch that causes the screen to come on once it's up. It seems that it had an intermittant connection and would cause the screen to flash on and off (also causing the display to jump). The fix at this time is to replace the whole unit. I'm sure GM wants to look at it and attempt to determine the root cause to prevent it from happening in the future.

Glad to hear they got you taken care of. There has been a number of issues lately and it has taken some folks a while to get the attention they deserve. They need to get to the root cause of these issues.

Chevy Cust Svc 10-15-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by VRMMMM (Post 1585166937)
Kinda cool that Chevy customer service is on this forum.

I agree VRMMMM! I love it here, y'all are wonderful. :thumbs:

Originally Posted by kurt f (Post 1585168311)
GM rep thanks for being on this thread. I cannot have my center module checked for a week or two as I will have the car out of town. Also, if it is general problem maybe GM will have the fix.

You're welcome Kurt. If you would like me to call your dealership prior to your appointment let me know. I am more than happy to set it all up for you, when you are ready. Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

KurtF 10-15-2013 07:39 PM

Kelly, thanks for the help. I could not wait a week so stopped by my dealer on Monday with a video of the screen with the problem. He is discussing with the service manager while I am out of town this week. If you want to contact the dealer- great. Dealer is Dan Vaden in Savannah, GA. Service rep is Heath. Thanks again for the help.

1986C4Z51 10-15-2013 07:56 PM

The problem is, they build the car and then install the electronics. They should build the electronics first, then install the car around it. I used to fly an airplane that was built that way, and once it was finished there wasn't a hole big enough in the fuselage to get the computer out intact.