CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 wide body. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3360317-c7-wide-body.html)

sxs191 10-19-2013 10:53 AM

C7 wide body.

I had the opportunity to trade in my 2013 GS vert for a torch red C7 coupe (loaded) yesterday that was on the dealers floor and I passed on it. I am interested in the C7 vert.
Here is my question.... How long before you think Chevy comes out with a wide body version similar to what they did with the Grand Sport or before they come out with a more horsepower vert like the 427? I would order a C7 vert now but I am worried that in a couple years a wider, faster version will be available and I'll be kicking myself for not waiting. Thanks, Scott

sam90lx 10-19-2013 11:10 AM

Look around here, there are pics of a wide body vert and coupe. They are coming soon.

TitaniumVT 10-19-2013 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by sxs191 (Post 1585214145)
I had the opportunity to trade in my 2013 GS vert for a torch red C7 coupe (loaded) yesterday that was on the dealers floor and I passed on it. I am interested in the C7 vert.
Here is my question.... How long before you think Chevy comes out with a wide body version similar to what they did with the Grand Sport or before they come out with a more horsepower vert like the 427? I would order a C7 vert now but I am worried that in a couple years a wider, faster version will be available and I'll be kicking myself for not waiting. Thanks, Scott

Are you really going to base your decision on what people here guess based on having no information? If it's that much of a worry, just wait a couple of years...Of course, then you might be wondering how long before the C8 comes out.

My advice: There's always going to be a newer, better model on the horizon. Don't wait for it - life's too short.

Formula52 10-19-2013 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by TitaniumVT (Post 1585214396)
Are you really going to base your decision on what people here guess based on having no information? If it's that much of a worry, just wait a couple of years...Of course, then you might be wondering how long before the C8 comes out.

My advice: There's always going to be a newer, better model on the horizon. Don't wait for it - life's too short.

My advise: Sometimes good things are worth waiting for.......
I personally want a C7 with an 8-Speed Auto, think it will be worth waiting for... Good luck with whatever you decide...

michaelinmech 10-19-2013 12:33 PM

It has been widely reported that Chevy will unveil a High Performance variant in January with production sometime later in 2014. No one has said whether it will be offered as both a coupe and convertible.

:thumbs:

DRLC5 10-19-2013 01:01 PM

We should know some solid info in January if not sooner?

sxs191 10-19-2013 03:05 PM

Thanks. I can wait till January (or even till April) as I wouldn't be able to drive it for the next 6 months anyways being winter is almost here.

pietro c7 10-19-2013 03:14 PM

Definately wait...They seem to have exactly what your looking for in their pipeline and probably within 12 months.Besides a GS convertible is a VERY nice car,especially night race blue.

b4i4getit 10-19-2013 05:02 PM

I think you should wait. There should be some exciting news in January.