CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   First C7 Ticket?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3363926-first-c7-ticket.html)

yuri_Stingray 10-25-2013 06:46 PM

First C7 Ticket??

Learn from my mistake. I went to a place where I thought I would have some isolation and did a little road testing with my headers and tune combo....lets just say it gets up to "speed" a lot quicker now. However, be warned, the ticket for doing so is pretty hefty (rightfully so) . Over $1k by quite a bit and I'll leave it at that. Not trying to brag, I'm honestly just saying to be careful and admitting to how dumb of a move it was. I am sure that I'm not the only one who is beyond excited to see what the stingray can do, so this should be a lesson to all, there are much better/safer places to do things like this. I'll be searching for a legitimate closed course to do any additional testing. Be careful everyone!

EDIT: Getting lots of PM's regarding what mods I have. So far it is mostly stock, but I have added Pfadt Longtube headers with the Pfadt performance tune. I'll be adding a camshaft and heads as soon as some vendors get back to me on prices/specs.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2708a1c5.jpg

JoesC5 10-25-2013 06:54 PM

Tell us more about the SUV's motor, since he caught up with you.

RocketGuy3 10-25-2013 06:55 PM

WTF, who took that picture?

Also, highway speeding laws in America are so damn stupid. I bet what you were doing was perfectly safe, but you were caught in a revenue-generating speed trap.

EDIT: JoesC5 caught me here. I wasn't thinking straight. "Speed trap" was probably not the right term to use here... But you know what I mean. If not, I explained later.

rcallen484 10-25-2013 06:56 PM

Did he talk to you about the car? Seem to be a car guy at all?

JoesC5 10-25-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3 (Post 1585267240)
WTF, who took that picture?

Also, highway speeding laws in America are so damn stupid. I bet what you were doing was perfectly safe, but you were caught in a revenue-generating speed trap.

Caught him when the posted speed limit dropped from 150 MPH down to 100 MPH at that deer crossing zone. Sneaky revenue-generating speed traps will get you every time.

Tom45 10-25-2013 07:01 PM

What state are you in and how fast were you going?

Racerdj 10-25-2013 07:10 PM

I got a big one in my ZR1 back in 1992.

Trackaholic 10-25-2013 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1585267284)
Caught him when the posted speed limit dropped from 150 MPH down to 100 MPH at that deer crossing zone. Sneaky revenue-generating speed traps will get you every time.

Stupid deer. :D

-T

yuri_Stingray 10-25-2013 07:19 PM

My wife took the picture....wanted to capture this moment in all of its glory. By the time I saw him I knew it was too late. I slowed down, and he came right for me. He wasn't much of a car guy at all.....

rcallen484 10-25-2013 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by yuri_Stingray (Post 1585267429)
My wife took the picture....wanted to capture this moment in all of its glory. By the time I saw him I knew it was too late. I slowed down, and he came right for me. He wasn't much of a car guy at all.....

Figures. Jealous :yesnod: On the other hand, a car guy would have given you a (possibly) stern warning and taken some time looking at and talking to you about your beautiful Vette :flag:

DonOH 10-25-2013 07:22 PM

On one hand, that is a real bummer. On the other, it really looks good in white.

jkcam6017 10-25-2013 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3 (Post 1585267240)

Let me take a wild guess. You've had a lot of speeding tickets.

If my family were nailed by some jackazz testing out his new ride. It would never happen again.

No sympathy, no mercy.

Sounds like the OP had plenty of slack, should have been locked up.

RC000E 10-25-2013 07:25 PM

Attorney...fight it...the end. I hope you didn't admit guilt to the officer...classic passive Americans do it. Never hand a cop his case on a platter. Put the burden on the state, get an attorney...fight it. I fight all tickets regardless of guilt or not....and I've certainly had both.

oldschoolvette 10-25-2013 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by yuri_Stingray (Post 1585267429)

:D:rofl: my bet is that this MOMENT and all its glory will never die

ever ... ever:cheers:

congrats on not going to jail:flag:

BeaZt 10-25-2013 07:26 PM

So what are your mods? Who tuned it and what's it like?

BeaZt 10-25-2013 07:28 PM

If you own a corvette and always do the speed limit exactly....that's a boring life. Is there anyone on this forum who does the speed limit exactly? OP could have just been doing 70 in a 55. Lol, probably not.

rcallen484 10-25-2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by jkcam6017 (Post 1585267474)
Let me take a wild guess. You've had a lot of speeding tickets.

If my family were nailed by some jackazz testing out his new ride. It would never happen again.

No sympathy, no mercy.

Sounds like the OP had plenty of slack, should have been locked up.

Reasonable and prudent depends upon all prevailing conditions, most of which none of us know (other than the OP.) I say "most" because we do see it was in daylight on a highway in a car designed to go well over 150 mph.

RC000E 10-25-2013 07:32 PM

Reminds me of when I first got my supercharger on. I finished the tune and was doing the first street rip. I went to an opened four lane road...it was like 1am...not a headlight or soul in sight. I go from about a 40mph roll to up over 130 and I see blue lights in the distance. I'm like...DAMN IT...

I pull over and wait for him...figure why not. He comes up and says...you know how fast you were going back there (I'm thinkin...I do...but do you?). I know I was going 130 when I let off, but I said...nahh...how fast did you get me going. He said...64mph...it's 40 back here. He said, I suspect you went a little faster, but I couldn't keep my radar on you. Off with a warning....haha!

TacDoc 10-25-2013 07:34 PM

VALENTINE 1....Nuff said.