CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Almost down to my last nerve... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3366008-almost-down-to-my-last-nerve.html)

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 05:03 PM

Almost down to my last nerve...

Twice now I've complimented a fellow vette owner on his car (one a clean C5 and the other a beautiful orange C6Z) and both times they saw my clean black C6 before I complimented their car and after I make the compliment they just look at me with a blank stare and kind of mumble thanks or something and just continue to look at me....these gentleman were in their 50s or older...I'm 35 but people say I look a lil younger....not sure if these guys look at me like a spoiled a$$ kid (which is definitely not the case, I've worked hard to get where I'm at) or what but damn would it kill them to say " thanks you got a nice vette yourself there bud" just irritates me... some things just erk me...maybe I'm just a whiner but damn if someone rolled up in a modified civic and said "nice vette bro" I'd say "nice civic" just to be nice and not an a$$hole but that's just me...ok rant over.

Roddy1 10-29-2013 05:06 PM

Maybe they are just spoiled ass old people like me. JK I don't know why some people are like that.

AORoads 10-29-2013 05:06 PM

aww, just think of it this way: they stole those cars or used up their significant other's inheritance and don't want to come clean.:rofl: (plus, some people "got no couth")

R&L's C6 10-29-2013 05:08 PM

Dont let it get you down. Some people just lack basic social skills, and some people are just plain @$$holes...:D

Brockman66 10-29-2013 05:13 PM

Don't take it to heart. It irks some older vette owners seeing younger guys driving something they've had to work their whole lives towards. I've experienced this same situation at Carlisle. The gentleman my wife and I spoke to actually said "no you don't" when we told him we owned the same exact car he did. Then he proceeded to walk away from us and go sit back down in his lawn chair.

JJC5 10-29-2013 05:14 PM

I'm confused..Do you expect a payback every time you give something? Personally, if you were to tell me I have a nice car, I would reciprocate and say the same to you but I wouldn't "expect" you to or be butt hurt if you didn't. Life's too short man... and I don't think your age has anything to do with it. It's not a big deal that you're young and have a Vette.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 05:17 PM

The guy in the Z06 really got to me, we were at the tire/wheel shop and I had just had my new gloss black wheels and new tires installed on my black C6 and he had just pulled up and was about to get out of his car , I pulled up to his car cop style, driver side to driver side and my car was looking super clean...I say "hey nice Z man", he just looked at me and nodded his head...wtf? He couldn't say"thanks you too " or something? Douche...

acesx4 10-29-2013 05:18 PM

:crazy: Some people just don't get it!!

RetiredSFC 97 10-29-2013 05:19 PM

Believe it or not there are vette owners who don't know anything about the camaraderie of vette owners.

I've ran into several of them. One guy ask me why people in vettes always wave at him. He thought it was odd.

OR maybe they didn't think your C6 was nice and they were trying to be polite and not say what they wanted to say.

Show me a picture and I'll be the judge.

johnodrake 10-29-2013 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 (Post 1585297719)
Believe it or not there are vette owners who don't know anything about the camaraderie of vette owners.

I've ran into several of them. One guy ask me why people in vettes always wave at him. He thought it was odd.

OR maybe they didn't think your C6 was nice and they were trying to be polite and not say what they wanted to say.

:withstupid::thumbs:

JJC5 10-29-2013 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585297704)
The guy in the Z06 really got to me, we were at the tire/wheel shop and I had just had my new gloss black wheels and new tires installed on my black C6 and he had just pulled up and was about to get out of his car , I pulled up to his car cop style, driver side to driver side and my car was looking super clean...I say "hey nice Z man", he just looked at me and nodded his head...wtf? He couldn't say"thanks you too " or something? Douche...

Ya, I see what you're talking about right there. That was blatantly rude. Like I said, you can't expect something from everybody. You would have acknowledged him if he said something to you first for sure. Like someone earlier said, maybe he's just shy or something. Maybe just a bad day. As a rule, Vette drivers are a cool bunch of folks. I sort of miss the camaraderie with Vette owners since I sold my my Z. Hell, look what forum I'm on! :cheers:

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 (Post 1585297719)

I think I just expected more of a vette brotherhood, heres a pic...there's a bunch if you check out my profile...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...035-157014.jpg

JJC5 10-29-2013 05:31 PM

Nice ride man....My Z was black too.

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1585297797)
Nice ride man....My Z was black too.

:thumbs: Thanks, that's more like it...haha my butt hurts a lil less now:rofl:

Old Boot 10-29-2013 05:48 PM

Sorry man they got it all wrong.
A lot of people look at the cars as second wives or a mistress, so let me translate what you said to them (or what they hear)
Good lookin lady you got their, they didnt want to say hey you got a sexy bi*** too man, with the friend and his mistress in ear shot.!!!

mundo 10-29-2013 05:53 PM

I like your avatar. B-58 Hustler best bomber ever. As far as you feeling your not getting respect. Get over it. Quit whining. Who cares?

C6ROLLER 10-29-2013 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by mundo (Post 1585297958)
I like your avatar. B-58 Hustler best bomber ever. As far as you feeling your not getting respect. Get over it. Quit whining. Who cares?

Respect? I never give respect to someone based on what they drive....I'm talking more about common courtesy really and camaraderie among vette owners ...I can totally see now why people think vette owners are a$$holes...but I know it's not the majority just a few douches...and I like to whine it makes me feel better....whaa whaa whaa....

dvilin 10-29-2013 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER (Post 1585297704)

Big deal, I doubt anyone is jealous because you appear young and are driving a Vette. They are not that hard to obtain cost wise just impractical for most people.
Also I have no idea why you think the Z owner was required to return any kind of compliment to you or give you anything other than what he did.
He acknowledged your comment what else do you want. :willy:

EVRose 10-29-2013 06:13 PM

I had a similar thing happen on Las Vegas Blvd last weekend. I was first at a red light and a guy driving a C6 pulls up right next to me on the left. I saw him coming, we both had our tops off and windows down and I was ready to chat a bit while waiting at the light but he never once looked over at me. Just acted like I was not even there. I just thought to myself Oh well, he's not into talking to strangers and carried on.

Vetteman Jack 10-29-2013 06:15 PM

You'll run into those kind of people no matter where you go. Just brush it off and continue to be the way you are. Chances are you will find a lot more friendly Vette owners than ones like you mention here.