CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Advice needed - scratches all over at pick-up (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3374174-advice-needed-scratches-all-over-at-pick-up.html)

thespymaster 11-13-2013 03:39 PM

Advice needed - scratches all over at pick-up

I purchase my 3LT/Z51 from Sands Chevrolet in Suprise, Arizona and at time of purchase several scratches all over the C7 which is black and agreed to take delivery, with the full understanding that they were minor and I would return the C7 a couple of days later, so Sands Chevrolet could take it for a professional detail! Sales Manager "Chris" said they would flatbed the C7 to the detailer in Scottsdale

So I returned C7 a couple of days later, since I was leaving for SEMA and they had a full week to resolve the paint problem

I did not pre-order this C7. It arrived at SANDS and was an impulse buy, as it met the specs I would have ordered (black on black, auto)

Having arrived back from SEMA, I returned to SANDS to get my C7 and the so call detail look like DOO DOO / CAA CAA / $HIT (see if you get the movie reference :D) The C7 still has several scratches (not paint swirls ) but scratches and then it was discussed by one of the techs that the very C7 was ordered by the owner of Sands and they rejected it at delivery because of the scratches and GM supposedly came out and said they would do nothing.

I had the techs fill out a Sands form showing where are the scratches are at time of my 2nd pick-up and is unacceptable !

Also, I always log my odometer at time of delivery when I get service and Sands put over 25 miles on my C7 while I was away at SEMA. Even thier work-order shows mileage at check in and when I pointed it out to them, they acted like it didn't matter.

Who should I contact?

Michael A 11-13-2013 03:45 PM

There was a similar situation with another forum member here regarding a dealer joy riding his C7.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ed-to-odo.html

If it was me, I would just get my money back. Scratches not fixed, joy riding...that would be enough for me.

Michael

meadowz06 11-13-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Michael A (Post 1585421281)
There was a similar situation with another forum member here regarding a dealer joy riding his C7.

If it was me, I would just get my money back. Scratches not fixed, joy riding...that would be enough for me.

Michael

:iagree:

thespymaster 11-13-2013 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Michael A (Post 1585421281)

Michael

Just read that post you provided and GUESS what READ # 6 by BATMAN32..... I'm the sucker who purchased it!!

I always take a pic of my odometer when dropping off one of my cars, to document just in case of tech's deciding to "JOYRIDE" and I have them log the miles on the service form.

They put about 25 miles on the C7 while I was away at SEMA.

AORoads 11-13-2013 04:01 PM

:iagree: x 2

thespymaster 11-13-2013 04:12 PM

They have my dually in for schedule service and when I pick it up today, I'm going to voice my .02 cents!

You got to pay to play, and I even paid a mark adjustment price on this C7 and I never paid it before in the past on any of my GM vehicles (Z06/ZL1/SS) etc and because I wanted it, had no issues with it ! I still don't , as along as the FIX the paint issues!!

Hirohawa 11-13-2013 04:12 PM

I would rewind the deal and demand my money back. Or I would take $5K for my troubles and paint fixes.

On another note - Is GM for real with all these issues?

To me everything has been off since the introduction in January.

- "Polarizing" rear end design
- Back peddling/doubling down interviews given by the brass defending said rear end.
- Weight gain of almost 100lbs
- Obsolte-gate another great foot in the mouth moment by C7 head honchos
- Late shipping and QC hold in TN.
- Paint and panel alignment issues ALL OVER this forum on C7s

And please no one fabricate the past and say this has happened to the C6 or even the C5 for that matter.

This is a mess.

SteveMcGuire 11-13-2013 04:56 PM

Too bad you purchased it before the scratches were fixed. Now you've lost your leverage. Good luck!

JeffC5 11-13-2013 04:59 PM

I would try to un-do the deal or get compensated for the paint job.

lgodom 11-13-2013 05:06 PM

Are the scratches deep enough to be felt with your fingernail? If not, I'm assuming they can be removed and I'm not sure why the paint correction, assuming it was done, didn't get them out. Unless you can get a refund, you may want to take it to another detail shop detail shop and have them look it over. They should be able to tell you before working on it if the paint can be corrected. Apparently, the dealer can't be trusted.

TX Navy Vet 11-13-2013 05:08 PM

that is very surprising to me from Sands.

Without telling the long story my Avalanche broke down while traveling through there one weekend.
I had the best car service experience in my life that weekend.
Sands service department went above and beyond to take care of me and get me back on the road... full well knowing I was not local and would not become a steady customer.

:thumbs: to Sands.

jkcam6017 11-13-2013 06:04 PM

So you noticed the scratches and bought the car at a "market adjusted" price that was an "impulse purchase"? You also had an "understanding that the scratches were minor" and your agreement with them was that they would have the car professionally detailed.

Now you want to renegotiate your purchase?

I wish you the best of luck.

BlueOx 11-13-2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1585421528)
I would rewind the deal and demand my money back. Or I would take $5K for my troubles and paint fixes.

On another note - Is GM for real with all these issues?

To me everything has been off since the introduction in January.

- "Polarizing" rear end design
- Back peddling/doubling down interviews given by the brass defending said rear end.
- Weight gain of almost 100lbs
- Obsolte-gate another great foot in the mouth moment by C7 head honchos
- Late shipping and QC hold in TN.
- Paint and panel alignment issues ALL OVER this forum on C7s

And please no one fabricate the past and say this has happened to the C6 or even the C5 for that matter.

This is a mess.

Most of your rant is simply BS and it is SOP for you. You WANT this to be a mess but it isn't. The rear end was exactly what it should have been and tough nuggies those who don't like it. Nobody backpeddled on it at all. If nothing else they told those who don't like it to suck it. Weight gain is meaningless given the added performance and entertainment tech. Obsolete comment is truth from THE expert. It was only obsolete-gate (not Obsolte) here on CF7 and only with a few butt-hurt C6 owners. It wasn't LATE in shipping.

So you are left with a few valid paint and alignment issues to bitch about. I know you'll make the most of it.

Surely there must be something to talk about in the Challenger Forums?:rofl:

As to the OP's issues, it sounds like he knew there were issues when he bought it and that his issues are NOT with GM but with the dealer.

HogwildC7 11-13-2013 08:05 PM

Contact GM at 1.866.790.5700 Ext. 41171. This regional manager in Texas will point you in right direction.

Michael A 11-13-2013 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SteveMcGuire (Post 1585421901)
Too bad you purchased it before the scratches were fixed. Now you've lost your leverage. Good luck!

He still has plenty of leverage. The dealer broke the contract by not fixing the scratches, which was part of the sales agreement. Using (and probably abusing) the car for 25 miles is just more evidence of not consummating the sale in good faith (i.e. they never sold the car because they are still using it). I would sue if necessary, and tell them that whatever profit they were intending on making on this car will be lost in legal fees.

Michael

thespymaster 11-13-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by jkcam6017 (Post 1585422468)
So you noticed the scratches and bought the car at a "market adjusted" price that was an "impulse purchase"? You also had an "understanding that the scratches were minor" and your agreement with them was that they would have the car professionally detailed. Now you want to renegotiate your purchase? I wish you the best of luck.

I didnt write anything about wanting the price changes or redo the contract period!!!! Re-Read my post

I stated the facts above that i did not pre-order the C7 , i bought it , with seeing the scratches that I was told by sales staff and General Manager of Sands Chevrolet that the scratches would come out after they "Sands" sent to their detail shop of choice in Scottsdale!

A week later, i pick up the C7 and it looks worse than before they detailed ! General Manager wasn't their upon pick-up so i had their techs/service department annotate on Sands forms the scratches still present and it was evident the Detailer they hired buff so hard, it took some of clear off on driver side

Hard to tell in below image, but look at front passenger fender, thats where the clear has been rub down to the paint ( very dull )

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...psca283efa.jpg

It was at this point , that the Service Department disclosed to me that the C7 i bought was originally ordered for the daughter of the owner of Sands and they rejected it and they already GM out to inspect the C7 and they said not their issue!!

So today i picked up my dually and spoke with general manager and he said your claim has been annotated , WTF!

General manager did acknowledge the 25 miles put on the C7 and said he's investigating who did it!!!

I just want paint fixed, nothing about any refunds!!

JM88 11-13-2013 09:39 PM

I have been told the reason for the scratches:

It is the white shroud that is placed over the car.
Rocks become trapped at the bottom and when it is removed, if you don't shake out the rocks and just simply pull it over the top of the car... they are dragged across the paint and scratch it.

Hirohawa 11-13-2013 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1585422623)
Most of your rant is simply BS and it is SOP for you. You WANT this to be a mess but it isn't. The rear end was exactly what it should have been and tough nuggies those who don't like it. Nobody backpeddled on it at all. If nothing else they told those who don't like it to suck it. Weight gain is meaningless given the added performance and entertainment tech. Obsolete comment is truth from THE expert. It was only obsolete-gate (not Obsolte) here on CF7 and only with a few butt-hurt C6 owners. It wasn't LATE in shipping.

So you are left with a few valid paint and alignment issues to bitch about. I know you'll make the most of it.

Surely there must be something to talk about in the Challenger Forums?:rofl:

As to the OP's issues, it sounds like he knew there were issues when he bought it and that his issues are NOT with GM but with the dealer.

Oh no! you got me because I misspelled a word - the horror!?!

Guess this was BS too

From Edmunds - The first item mentioned in things they would change on the C7:

1. The Taillights — There's no reason why every Corvette should have four round taillights. But there's no reason why the C7 should have taillights that look like Alice Cooper on a bad day, either. The general agreement here is that the tail of the C7 is overstyled and that redesigning the rear lamps would be a good first step toward achieving some aesthetic balance.

and the accompanying picture that went with the writeup

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/ch...106131_600.jpg

So I spelled a word wrong vs your comments that are consistently incorrect and short sighted. Like here where you berate a new owner who got a car with massive non dealer paint issues.

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1585395098)
This just looks like a plastic wrapping from around the light that didn't get fully removed before installation.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...110_123326.jpg

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1585395234)
Sorry, not buying it. It doesn't look like paint missing at all to me. It looks like some material in between the fender and the light. After all the complaining you've been doing, you are just now seeing this?
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...ps45d7ab47.jpg

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585395398)
Yeah Ox,

I just sit around all day making stuff up... :rofl:

Just went out and took a better pic just for you! :thumbs:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...110_144312.jpg

Still think that it's just plastic? Have some class and decorum. Did you even apologize for publicly calling him out? Did Tadge give you an extra gold star for defending your still non existent C7?

and in closing- Lets go to a car meet together - I'll take my V8 Hemi Challenger and you take your Camry. Let's see who gets a better reception and who gets laughed out of their mommy mover.

Periokid 11-13-2013 10:43 PM

Hirohawa, The rear design is fine in my eyes. I love it and would not change it. I don't base my choices on what Edmunds says to try to get hits on their website. The design is fine and no car will please everyone all of the time. You don't like it, fine. Plenty of people do and Chevy would make a huge mistake to alter the design based on this. Go buy a painted tail light surround and the problem is solved. Big deal.

Hirohawa 11-13-2013 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Periokid (Post 1585424640)
Hirohawa, The rear design is fine in my eyes. I love it and would not change it. I don't base my choices on what Edmunds says to try to get hits on their website. The design is fine and no car will please everyone all of the time. You don't like it, fine. Plenty of people do and Chevy would make a huge mistake to alter the design based on this. Go buy a painted tail light surround and the problem is solved. Big deal.

I think they should aim higher than "fine".

Besides the growing alignment issue with the rear it needs more than paint on bezels to fix it.