CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   When Is Enough Actually Enough? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/3378216-when-is-enough-actually-enough.html)

smooth1990 11-21-2013 12:15 PM

When Is Enough Actually Enough?

Mods I mean!

Some people like their corvettes completely stock, low miles, pristine condition.:thumbs:

I myself like my cars to be driven, Modified to fit my needs, whatever they may be at the time, and pristine condition with the exception of rock chips from driving my corvettes like they were meant to be driven!:rock:

Today I have decided to keep my 92 and continue modifying it to the car I first pictured it to be. The Issue I am fighting myself with is ,I am way over my head when it comes to the dollar amount of what the car is actually worth. Actually I have over 3 Times the amout of money into my car than what It is initially worth stock. SO the more money I stick into it, The more I think about the money I will never see again! Is this a wise decision? Probably not but Its what I enjoy so...The hell with it!

Today I also ordered more dang parts. The wife is gonna kill me but I dont care lol. Im wondering if there is ever a end to such craziness!:crazy2:

Sorry for rambling. Just my thoughts for the day!:cheers:

vader86 11-21-2013 12:26 PM

Never.

He who dies with the coolest toys wins.

smooth1990 11-21-2013 12:39 PM

Vader, I like your way of thinking!

Greg Gore 11-21-2013 12:46 PM

When he whom has the most toys passes on aren't the real winners those who inherit all of them?

1993C4LT1 11-21-2013 12:47 PM

:cheers: When you modify a Vette, you're never finished.

smooth1990 11-21-2013 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1 (Post 1585486314)
:cheers: When you modify a Vette, you're never finished.

:D

Dont tell Angi that!

Vetteman Jack 11-21-2013 01:02 PM

I look at it as when I mod my car I don't ever expect to recoup my money, but the fun factor is priceless. Once the mod bug bites, I haven't found a cure other than having to wait on more funds to sink into the car.

smooth1990 11-21-2013 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack (Post 1585486450)
I look at it as when I mod my car I don't ever expect to recoup my money, but the fun factor is priceless. Once the mod bug bites, I haven't found a cure other than having to wait on more funds to sink into the car.

I dont really either but when you sink more into your 23 year old car than most people pay for their first home, you have a issue lol..

On the other hand, What is the most anyone has ever sunk into a C4 corvette that you know of? Im betting 100k isnt far fetched!:crazy:

John A. Marker 11-21-2013 01:22 PM

I agree with Vader.

When you look at our cars, yes they are the 4th generation and for their day were the best out there. But technology has changed. You can modify the car to what you want and get much more HP (isn't that the goal) and end up with better mileage on top of everything else. Once you modify and see what you get......there is always that next step to get MORE.

Just so you know.....I am gathering parts! :D

C4.Ray 11-21-2013 01:23 PM

Don't over do it ....
Our society is built and run off money.
Everything revolves around money more in the USA than any other country in the world, meaning TV, Media, ets, everyone wants your money.
Keep it in perspective and budget.

cv67 11-21-2013 02:31 PM

I am way over my head when it comes to the dollar amount of what the car is actually worth.
Get that out of your head or you wont enjoy the car.

Its about making it the way you want when you turn the key its never not worth it.

More more more :smash:

smooth1990 11-21-2013 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette (Post 1585487212)
Get that out of your head or you wont enjoy the car.

Its about making it the way you want when you turn the key its never not worth it.

More more more :smash:

Understandable, but, Im a money oriented person like most are on this forum. I do enjoy the car very much. The thing is, more modifications are addicting! When I drive the car, I think of more things I can do to it lol.

Dont get me wrong, Im not complaining. Im just thinking out loud per se.

Vette Daddy 11-21-2013 02:56 PM

When will people stop thinking that a car is an investment?!!!!!

Drive it and enjoy it. Most cars are NOT any type of an investment at all.

smooth1990 11-21-2013 03:19 PM

No crap!!!

Obviously I dont think its an investment. Read the first statement. I said I am upside down 3x over what its worth. If I considered it an investment, I would have never modified the car at all. Its a big toy and sometimes they get out of hand financially. Im sure there are many more guys on cf that have the same thoughts.

This is just a conversational thread posted in general discussion on the corvette forum.

csthews 11-21-2013 03:21 PM

If it were an investment, it would be sitting untouched in a climate controlled garage.

My car was a project car from the start. I really enjoy hunting for parts and repairing/replacing parts. There is no better feeling than finding an excellent deal on a part that I've wanted, but didn't necessarily need (i.e. key fob, rail covers, shocks, etc) then istalling it on the car. Getting back what I put into the car never really crosses my mind. In fact, when/if I finally get the car to the condition I want it to be in, I will most likely give it to a son-in-law or close relative. That will be a while, my wish list is very long.

383vett 11-21-2013 03:34 PM

Can't put a price on happiness or thrills (or winning).

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...-6054_5315.jpg

Vette Daddy 11-21-2013 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by smooth1990 (Post 1585487619)
No crap!!!

Obviously I dont think its an investment. Read the first statement. I said I am upside down 3x over what its worth. If I considered it an investment, I would have never modified the car at all. Its a big toy and sometimes they get out of hand financially. Im sure there are many more guys on cf that have the same thoughts.

This is just a conversational thread posted in general discussion on the corvette forum.

Mod the hell out of it and don't worry about having 3x more in it than it's worth then. You're only gonna live once!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, you're gonna love those new coil overs!

Enjoy the experience :thumbs:

NuckinFutz93 11-21-2013 04:26 PM

It's only money! You can always make more and you've never seen a brinks truck following a hearse!

wfd1739 11-21-2013 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Gore (Post 1585486296)
When he whom has the most toys passes on aren't the real winners those who inherit all of them?

:iagree:

SnAkeDr 11-21-2013 06:15 PM

Have your parts shipped to a friends house or work.