CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Rick Conti at Coughlin Gets It Done (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3391967-rick-conti-at-coughlin-gets-it-done.html)

Stingray Sam 12-19-2013 01:52 AM

Rick Conti at Coughlin Gets It Done

I've had an order and deposit at a local dealer with verified allocation that was placed in March. My number came up and the order was entered in Workbench about 8 weeks ago where it has sat at 1100. I was told three weeks ago that if I gave up on FAY and Z51, my order would go through quickly. Why would I do that? The gratification of faster delivery would quickly give way to long term regret when the initial drive-off euphoria wore off.

Well, I finally gave up and put an order in with Rick at Coughlin last week, which I can see now I should have done months ago. Not only has my order already gone to 3000 (with the car configured the way I want it), communication with Rick has been effective and I feel confident that he'll shepherd my purchase all the way to R8C.

Thanks, Rick, for alleviating my frustration and helping to restore Stingray anticipation and excitement.

:rock:

dbevins 12-19-2013 07:28 AM

Wise Choice! Rick's the man.

C6MagRed 12-19-2013 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by dbevins (Post 1585709880)

:iagree:

RickConti@Coughlin 12-19-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Stingray Sam (Post 1585709471)
I've had an order and deposit at a local dealer with verified allocation that was placed in March. My number came up and the order was entered in Workbench about 8 weeks ago where it has sat at 1100. I was told three weeks ago that if I gave up on FAY and Z51, my order would go through quickly. Why would I do that? The gratification of faster delivery would quickly give way to long term regret when the initial drive-off euphoria wore off.

Well, I finally gave up and put an order in with Rick at Coughlin last week, which I can see now I should have done months ago. Not only has my order already gone to 3000 (with the car configured the way I want it), communication with Rick has been effective and I feel confident that he'll shepherd my purchase all the way to R8C.

Thanks, Rick, for alleviating my frustration and helping to restore Stingray anticipation and excitement.

:rock:

Much appreciated Sam.....I am excited about the opportunities.,..and appreciate your understanding at the demands I am getting

...I am behind and not proud of that...truly working incredible hours to TRY and get communications back in order....

A helper is coming for the new year for me...not soon enough...

I plan to travel even more places to meet so many of you and have a Special Coughlin Stingray in the works right now, stay tuned!

HAPPY NEW YEAR SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

RickConti@Coughlin 12-19-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by C6MagRed (Post 1585709920)
:iagree:

Brian, fingers crossed for you buddy for an Auto Z06....

Merry Christmas!

RickConti@Coughlin 12-19-2013 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by dbevins (Post 1585709880)

Dale check out the convertible delivery thread I posted.....your car looks awesome man....:thumbs:

Going get busy here shortly, have to take the cover off a Black / Red Z51 convertible.....going to TN today.....

RickMN 12-19-2013 08:55 AM

Rick got me in on the first batch of convertibles, and had a Z51 allocation, so I was able to get the car I really wanted. Ordered 10/9, Built 11/26, At Dealer 12/7, Took Delivery 12/14.

Rick came through when other dealers were telling me I could wait and see what their January allocation would be and might have a car by June. I can appreciate that other dealers might not have the allocation, but few of them even knew how the allocation system even worked.

Great buying experience from a guy who lives and breathes this car. GM is making the right decision to send allocation through him. Could not ask for anything better.

Stingray Sam 12-19-2013 03:47 PM

TY, Rick and Happy Holidays to you!

11B250 12-19-2013 04:23 PM

Now if Rick can return my email/phone call, it would be a great start :seeya

Stingray Sam 12-19-2013 06:04 PM

He's VERY busy. It took a couple days to get initial contact with him, but then things went pretty quickly. You'll find it's worth your time.

RickConti@Coughlin 12-19-2013 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 11B250 (Post 1585713867)
Now if Rick can return my email/phone call, it would be a great start :seeya

wish I could get to them as fast as I'd like....the day is a time monster with so much going on....here late trying buddy...

Thank-you for the understanding....should have a helper at the new year, even part time so you guys know I care and doing all I can....

store closed 3 hours ago..I'm still here...anyone want to order some pizza or something...:D

cmdrwill 12-19-2013 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin (Post 1585716807)
wish I could get to them as fast as I'd like....the day is a time monster with so much going on....here late trying buddy...

Thank-you for the understanding....should have a helper at the new year, even part time so you guys know I care and doing all I can....

store closed 3 hours ago..I'm still here...anyone want to order some pizza or something...:D

Thanks for your commitment to the Corvette experience. :flag:

11B250 12-20-2013 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin (Post 1585716807)

I figured you are busy. I'm not in a huge rush. Hopefully I hear from you in a week and you don't forget about me :)