CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   VIDEO "Hulk & The Red Dragon - Reflections of Glass 2014". (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/3407214-video-hulk-and-the-red-dragon-reflections-of-glass-2014-a.html)

ORANGEBROTHERS 01-19-2014 10:08 PM

VIDEO "Hulk & The Red Dragon - Reflections of Glass 2014".

Ok so here is our finished LT-1 AC Coupe; the car came out awesome and actually finished second in class today. A tie with theblackvette's red LS5. :yesnod:

A fun day, the first place winner was a very nice 71 steel cities gray convertible. Although we're pleased with second place, it was a shame that the judges did not include bottom inspections, perhaps the results would have been different.

Here is the the video clip we shot... :cheers:

Change playback setting to 720 or 1080P for best picture

doorgunner 01-19-2014 10:32 PM

Congratulations!

Excellent.......and so is the video work!

rvazquez 01-20-2014 12:59 AM

Great video, you guys are going to be famous around here :woohoo:
That 71 SCG must have been perfect for you to not have taken first place (in other words.....you was robbed :crazy: ) just be careful in the hot FLA sun the reflection off of the chrome air cleaner lid doesn't burn through the underside of the hood and bubble up that beautiful paint of yours, just ask Marc if you can borrow his "steering wheel cover" and he will explain the reasoning.
Again congratulations are in order and thanks for posting the video.:thumbs:
Regards
Roy

jr9170 01-20-2014 02:00 AM

Great shot of the LT-1 and LS5,love that pic...:thumbs:

sug 01-20-2014 03:38 AM

congrats HULK AND RED DRAGON .Great vid and pics .:cool:

theblackvette 01-20-2014 06:46 AM

We did it!

Excellent video! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

That was an absolutely a great time!!!!!!!!

Your LT-1 is absolutely amazing and your car attracted so many spectators. It was like flies on a rib roast.

I was stunned "I" won the award.

I knew you were going to win. But me? :lol:

And a tie between the two of us? That is hilarious.

I just showed up when you told me about the show. Did nothing
to the car but drove it there. There were A LOT of cars there. I have some pictures which I can get later. It was great to meet exposingtime and boca guru as well.

Although I would have been satisfied winning absolutely nothing it just makes the trip to NCRS Kissimmee and showing the car in the Sportsman Award section even more exciting to look forward to.

Remember what I said at the show after I won? "I GOT CREDENTIALS" :lol:

Oh, and I absolutely loved your front plate. I couldn't get over that and you know what? I ordered my plate as well from the website you told me about. It is so easy. I can't wait for you to see what I did!

One little comment about the SSG small block that took first place. HUH???????? End of comment.

:thumbs: :cheers:

ORANGEBROTHERS 01-20-2014 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1585965895)

That was an absolutely a great time!!!!!!!!

Your LT-1 is absolutely amazing and your car attracted so many spectators. It was like flies on a rib roast.

I was stunned "I" won the award.

I knew you were going to win. But me? :lol:

And a tie between the two of us? That is hilarious.

I just showed up when you told me about the show. Did nothing
to the car but drove it there. There were A LOT of cars there. I have some pictures which I can get later. It was great to meet exposingtime and boca guru as well.

Although I would have been satisfied winning absolutely nothing it just makes the trip to NCRS Kissimmee and showing the car in the Sportsman Award section even more exciting to look forward to.

Remember what I said at the show after I won? "I GOT CREDENTIALS" :lol:

Oh, and I absolutely loved your front plate. I couldn't get over that and you know what? I ordered my plate as well from the website you told me about. It is so easy. I can't wait for you to see what I did!

One little comment about the SSG small block that took first place. HUH???????? End of comment.

That LS5 of yours is really a beauty, proves you did the right thing in holding out for the perfect car. Credentials for sure for both of us! You can now say the Red Dragon tied for second place with the cleanest LT-1 AC survivor in the country and we can say the same about your LS5 good times for sure! :thumbs:

ORANGEBROTHERS 01-20-2014 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=rvazquez;1585965481]Great video, you guys are going to be famous around here :woohoo:
That 71 SCG must have been perfect for you to not have taken first place (in other words.....you was robbed :crazy: ) just be careful in the hot FLA sun the reflection off of the chrome air cleaner lid doesn't burn through the underside of the hood and bubble up that beautiful paint of yours, just ask Marc if you can borrow his "steering wheel cover" and he will explain the reasoning.
Regards
Roy[/QUOTE

:lol: :thumbs:

theblackvette 01-20-2014 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by rvazquez (Post 1585965481)
Great video, you guys are going to be famous around here :woohoo:
Regards
Roy

Roy a comment was made about the steering wheel cover at the event. Hilarious you bring that up. :lol:

We were talking about the sun and how it can reflect off the air cleaner lid and damage the paint. My car was in the shade. Some folks were jealous. The hulkster had full sunshine. That is when the steering wheel cover was brought up. But how stupid would that look to put a steering wheel cover that has 454 written on it on a LT-1 air car? :lol:

ORANGEBROTHERS 01-20-2014 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1585965895)

Oh, and I absolutely loved your front plate. I couldn't get over that and you know what? I ordered my plate as well from the website you told me about.

I got a huge kick out of watching the kids saying, " Mommy look! Its the Incredible Hulk" :lol: All day kids kept gathering around the car and their parents taking pictures.

Those memories are what its really all about. :thumbs:

Mick71 01-20-2014 09:10 AM

Thanks for sharing! That SCG convertible must have really been something to win that day. Nice work, and that LT-1 sounds great! :thumbs:

I see you have a passenger side mirror, too. :lol:

theblackvette 01-20-2014 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mick71 (Post 1585966588)
Thanks for sharing! That SCG convertible must have really been something to win that day. Nice work, and that LT-1 sounds great! :thumbs:

I see you have a passenger side mirror AND A LUGGAGE RACK, too. :lol:

Fixed it for ya! :lol:

ORANGEBROTHERS 01-20-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1585966712)
Fixed it for ya! :lol:

Maybe that did me in... :lol:

ORANGEBROTHERS 01-20-2014 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mick71 (Post 1585966588)

I see you have a passenger side mirror, too. :lol:

The SCG was nice, all new fresh paint, nice gaps, new interior and chrome with a clean engine bay. Can't say the same for the bottom though... :ack:

Hulk is a survivor and the SCG was a fully restored car on top apples and oranges IMO. Hulk is 90% original paint that has been spot blended and cleared over, you can't see any of the blends they where matched perfectly and feathered in but there are a couple of minor spots showing their original patina. Also, the front and rear bumpers as well as the passenger side door handle and all the weather stripping are original and showing some wear.

Again two totally different types of cars.

theblackvette 01-20-2014 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by ORANGEBROTHERS (Post 1585966568)
I got a huge kick out of watching the kids saying, " Mommy look! Its the Incredible Hulk" :lol: All day kids kept gathering around the car and their parents taking pictures.

Those memories are what its really all about. :thumbs:

YUP!!!!!! lots of picture taking.

That front plate you have is da bomb.....

So many comments on it. I had to join and get one for my Red Dragon. I love this picture.

I couldn't wait to show you mine so here is a sneak peak. It is in production! :D

http://s23.postimg.org/4ixd3esrf/reddragon.jpg

Ron C! 01-20-2014 09:52 AM

Great video, nice cars. I really miss south FL at times. I am a true native born at Jackson!

ORANGEBROTHERS 01-20-2014 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by theblackvette (Post 1585966880)
YUP!!!!!! lots of picture taking.

That front plate you have is da bomb.....

So many comments on it. I had to join and get one for my Red Dragon. I love this picture.

I couldn't wait to show you mine so here is a sneak peak. It is in production! :D

http://s23.postimg.org/4ixd3esrf/reddragon.jpg

Looks great, try the letters in black and all caps see how it looks. You can also make the dragon a little smaller so you can fit RED DRAGON in there a bit higher or in-between the bottom plate holes. Play with the different fonts until you find one that you like and fits best. :thumbs:

theblackvette 01-20-2014 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by ORANGEBROTHERS (Post 1585966955)
Looks great, try the letters in black and all caps see how it looks. You can also make the dragon a little smaller so you can fit RED DRAGON in there a bit higher or in-between the bottom plate holes. Play with the different fonts until you find one that you like and fits best. :thumbs:

Okay!!!! I think you are right! I will have to get another plate. I will have two!!!! :D

exposingtime 01-20-2014 10:09 AM

Nice video. Need more guys like you in the hobby. See you in kissimmee

ORANGEBROTHERS 01-20-2014 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by exposingtime (Post 1585967015)
Nice video. Need more guys like you in the hobby. See you in kissimmee

It was a pleasure to meet you. You have a drop dead gorgeous BB 69vert my favorite C3 of all time! Thanks for the tips and pointers! :thumbs: