CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3407262-do-you-race-when-people-pull-beside-you-to-challenge.html)

gixxerbill 01-19-2014 11:59 PM

Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge?

IF yes, what have you beaten and what has beaten you.

I have gone a few times. I have beat 3 mustangs, a couple of camaros and 2 c6 vettes(roll ons 60mphish) Nothing has beat me yet.

I know I shouldn't do it but its sooo tempting. IF it doesn't look safe I just ignore the challenge.

Well?

Glen e 01-20-2014 12:00 AM

have you read the rules of the board?

gixxerbill 01-20-2014 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585965231)
have you read the rules of the board?

i thought I read somewhere it was ok. if not the mods can delete and I apologize.

jr3 01-20-2014 01:00 AM

Just ignore them and act like they don't exist, or your talking on the phone... it pi$$e$ some of'em off because you wont even take the time to notice them.

themonk 01-20-2014 01:08 AM

no, I laugh at them.

thedofuss 01-20-2014 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585965221)

I have gone a few times. I have beat 3 mustangs, a couple of camaros and 2 c6 vettes(roll ons 60mphish) Nothing has beat me yet.

I know I shouldn't do it but its sooo tempting. IF it doesn't look safe I just ignore the challenge.

Well?

i do, but i have an lr2 land rover, and they dont know im racing them. never lost, but only go up to about 40 mph.:yesnod:

thedofuss 01-20-2014 01:14 AM

note to forum: i for one have the highest regard for all the mods, and try to abide by all forum rules, despite how difficult that can be when some a**hole responds.

Second Vette 01-20-2014 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585965221)

Well?

Nope, I've heard that age increases common sense. Maybe I'm wrong.

If you want to have fun with them, put the Car in Track Mode so the Performance Exhaust opens up and downshift a Gear. Don't forget to laugh hysterically when you do it. :lol:

duramaxsky 01-20-2014 02:08 AM

No it's stupid. I want to keep my DL.

glenB 01-20-2014 06:21 AM

Depends on the car, ricers no, but I did once, twice actually, run a diesel. With the weight and 4 wheel drive he was good out of the hole but that was it. He got what he wanted to see, my tail lights and we all laughed and went our way.

But yes, on occasion, I will........

Street racing is not forbidden here anymore, so until such time, smoke'm if you hav'm

gthal 01-20-2014 06:46 AM

Nope... just look at them and giggle as if to say "yeah, right... not wasting my time on that hunk of junk (even if they are in a Ferrari :D)."

Besides, it is dangerous on public streets and I'm not interested in having the car impounded or, worse yet, killing someone and having to live with that. I get my kicks at the track.

bigterpsfan 01-20-2014 07:07 AM

With 550rwhp, it is a lose lose situation for me. I should beat most anything that pulls up next to me. So IF I were to race and win, well that was supposed to happen. If I were to lose then, I lose. If I were to get pulled over, I lose. If I were to wreck and hurt myself or someone else, many people lose. The problem is that people don't play the tape all the way through to the end be for they act/react. If you race many people may lose, even your loved ones if you are dead or sitting in jail. I win every time, because I just don't race. I am too cheap to race at the track, because I don't want to break my car and have to fix it. However, if drag racing is your thing, take it to the track and have at it; just make sure you have track insurance or can self insure.

Racerdj 01-20-2014 07:36 AM

I have not had any challenges in any of my cars yet.

BBBOOMR 01-20-2014 07:38 AM

I usually get jacked up 3/4t pickups, ricers or '89 Celebertys. I can't race them cuz I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard but I'll try opening the NPP to see what happens. :rofl:

Waytofastvette2006 01-20-2014 07:56 AM

If the other person maybe has a chance and I'm 99% certain the police aren't around yeah ill race

I would love to race a first / second gen viper that would be cool.

But as I've gotten older I've realized all these cool cars are at the drag strip ! It's a nice straight line with a sticky surface !!

DanTheFireman 01-20-2014 08:06 AM

No, plenty of challenges though. Let them go on the Saturn or Prius forum and proclaim how they "beat" a Vette, don't care. When I choose to have some fun the only one who will get screwed if it goes wrong is me.

Chicago1 01-20-2014 08:29 AM

Way to many waxers around here but I do every chance I get in Mexico of course. Plenty of street racing vids around here..You just have to be racing in another country it seems for it to let it fly on this board. Your better off asking this on ls1tech as you see people get offended here very easy

sfc rick 01-20-2014 08:53 AM

C7 racing me.....snicker, snicker, snicker.....Still hoping to get one to try. No one is invincible BTW, even with all the power in the world something can always go wrong. Even I can miss a shift or just decide to let the other guy feel mighty big. Or like someone posted earlier and just pretend like I'm on the phone and laugh uncontrollably at the thought. Especially if the poor guy is in his new ride and thinks it's all that, really pisses them off. If you street race, you certainly deserve whatever you get, and sometimes it's really expensive and or fatal. On another note.....BE CAREFUL, because that new owner may not even have experience to know what he's doing.

Edited....I've never beat a C7, I'm guessing I may never get to.

Geof180 01-20-2014 09:17 AM

no..

Chicago1 01-20-2014 09:19 AM

^ I'm thinking if a c7 rolls up and they look/hear your car they probably wouldn't want any. Those fuzzy dice are intimidating!!! Could be the blower but I go with the dice :cheers: