CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Events (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events-97/)
-   -   So...,, Is it spring yet??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events/3409494-so-is-it-spring-yet.html)

GrandPrixRollsOut 01-24-2014 09:56 AM

So...,, Is it spring yet???

Don't know how you guys do it. It's the first winter I have owned my corvette and it's killing me to not to be able to drive it. How have you guys been coping with it? When are the roads clear in the gta for salt free driving?

I hope spring shows up because I have had enough of this. How about you guys!?!

oldgoat99 01-24-2014 10:11 AM

Nope, not spring here yet. Temps are 28 and they closed all the schools in our area. They claim there's actually ice on the ground.:willy:We have to wait til next week.:thumbs::lol:

caker 01-25-2014 02:25 PM

Wagon Ruts..

Still rut season here. You can drive with no hands and it takes you right to Tim Hortons...

Car has to wait for another 4 months yet. Its very annoying very annoying .

BladeSilverGS 02-09-2014 01:27 PM

I feel your pain. This is my first winter as a Vette owner as well.

Nothing worse than walking by it every morning in the garage knowing I can't drive it for another 2 months.

CTD 02-09-2014 08:28 PM

I have a clutch swap to do, need some warmer temps to get at it! :ack:Then I wait until the street sweeper clean up the winter gravel....whoops sand! :rofl:

GrandPrixRollsOut 02-09-2014 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by CTD (Post 1586133701)
I have a clutch swap to do, need some warmer temps to get at it! :ack:Then I wait until the street sweeper clean up the winter gravel....whoops sand! :rofl:

You have a lot of patience for the street sweepers... As soon as it's dry I'm going to take the car out hahaha

08C6 02-10-2014 06:53 AM

Yes...this winter taking it's toll definetly...I've driven me C6 only once... Very ansi to take her out !!! Road have taken a beaten with water and ice build up...LOTS of potholes... Patiently waiting ...:thumbs:

AgentEran 01-29-2019 04:18 PM

Whats winter??

Maxpowers 01-29-2019 06:30 PM

^^^
Digging up a 4 year old regional forum thread for that?

radar502 02-01-2019 08:57 AM

Funny we the Corvette owners in in Houston TX, get out in the winter and in the summer stay inside for the most part 110% most days and the older Corvette don't like the heat .. I have no reference to winner .. Sorry for you guys in the snow .. Tomorrow tomorrow the sun will come out .. NOT..

RUU 02-01-2019 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by radar502 (Post 1598799025)
Funny we the Corvette owners in in Houston TX, get out in the winter and in the summer stay inside for the most part 110% most days and the older Corvette don't like the heat .. I have no reference to winner .. Sorry for you guys in the snow .. Tomorrow tomorrow the sun will come out .. NOT..

At least you're honest about it :D

gdm78vette 02-01-2019 10:25 PM

Why can't you drive your Corvette in the winter? I know the question been asked before but when I picked up my '78 new it was January and I drove it year round until I had kids and got another car with a back seat (actually my wife had 2 of the kids and the car with the back seat when I married her but ultimately a more family oriented car took over as the daily driver). Now for sure it has suffered some from the almost 500,000 km it has on it but it still runs. And except that the heater isn't hooked up I wouldn't hesitate to take it out for a drive in the winter still, and given my truck is acting up I might just have to.

CDN_Wolf_eh 02-06-2019 07:21 PM

I try to get ICEDCAPP out at least once every two weeks at a minimum … I live in Mississauga, so roads to the highways are cleared pretty quickly … if it's salty out, I give her a quick rinse when I get home. Keeps all the parts oiled and seals in good order … plus it gives the battery a charge, and cycles the gas … all good.

Mark

joemessman 02-13-2019 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by GrandPrixRollsOut (Post 1586001343)
Don't know how you guys do it. It's the first winter I have owned my corvette and it's killing me to not to be able to drive it. How have you guys been coping with it? When are the roads clear in the gta for salt free driving?

I hope spring shows up because I have had enough of this. How about you guys!?!

When I lived in horrible weather Portland I would look at the Corvette videos on YouTube.😏