CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california-45/)
-   -   Long Beach Grand Prix (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/3412466-long-beach-grand-prix.html)

richp5 01-30-2014 12:32 AM

Long Beach Grand Prix

Received my brochure in the mail today and went on line to find info on the Corvette Corral but didn't see anything. Please post when somebody has any info for this year's Corral. Thank you!

chucks00 01-30-2014 11:24 AM

Just call the ticket number they will set you up. I already have my tickets for Friday and Saturday.

Tickets: (888) 82-SPEED

http://www.gplb.com/ticket-prices/

richp5 01-31-2014 05:00 PM

Thank you !!!!! Also, since I've only attended Fridays in the past where you sit anywhere are there any recommendations on which seat to pick for Saturday or are you pretty much relegated to section 16?

Originally Posted by chucks00 (Post 1586050868)
Just call the ticket number they will set you up. I already have my tickets for Friday and Saturday.

Tickets: (888) 82-SPEED

http://www.gplb.com/ticket-prices/

chucks00 02-03-2014 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by richp5 (Post 1586061387)
Thank you !!!!! Also, since I've only attended Fridays in the past where you sit anywhere are there any recommendations on which seat to pick for Saturday or are you pretty much relegated to section 16?

I just get the general admission seat for both days. We walk around and view the race. Two years ago we watched the last few laps in the stands at the Start/Finish line.

DigitalWidgets 02-03-2014 07:59 PM

Friday practice day has been an annual event for me for years. I get there at the crack of dawn and watch the ALMS practice to start the day. Hang out mostly in turn 1 to watch the Porsches blowing the turn and sliding into the run off area (at least that was last year's experience).

The crowds are real light. Grab a steak at Outback for lunch (no waiting, just walk in and sit down). Kill time between practice sessions in the lifestyle displays in the convention center. Walk a couple miles and get a day of exercise.

I've done the Corvette Coral twice now. A great little distraction. Last year, the Corvette racing team came for a meet and greet. I commented it would be cool to have them autograph my car.....next thing I know, somebody says "go grab your fuel rail cover." I now have this cool souvenir:

http://www.CorvetteNews.com/images/C...lRailCover.jpg

I've been volunteering with the Flagging and Communications team for a number of months now, so I'm hoping I'll get to be down on the track waving flags this year! :rock:

MusTgoFaster-92 02-17-2014 08:13 PM

See you in the corral Friday and Saturday.

:woohoo:

Vet Interested 02-18-2014 08:45 PM

Tell me about the Corvette Coral. Where is it and what is it at the Long Beach Grand Prix? I went two years ago on a Friday and did not see it.
Thanks for the info.

DezVette 02-18-2014 09:00 PM

I get the photographers ticket so I have access to the 4 towers around the track. If I am not in one of the towers or the pits I am walking around the fence line. :yesnod:

Images

Racerrandy 02-19-2014 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by DezVette (Post 1586207351)
I get the photographers ticket so I have access to the 4 towers around the track. If I am not in one of the towers or the pits I am walking around the fence line. :yesnod:

Images

We went in 2010 and 2011 but missed the last two years. Have tickets ordered for this year though. See everyone Friday and/or Saturday!

DezVette 02-19-2014 08:27 PM

I will be there Fri-Sun. Instead of driving from the valley to LB every day, I just get a hotel in the Torrance/Harbor City area and stay the weekend there. It's a much easier trek than dealing with the traffic and commute. Especially since the next day is about an 8am call time. I would have to leave my house by 6:30am to get there and not get home 'til after 10pm. Makes for a very long weekend. Especially with walking and lugging all of my camera gear up and down the tower stairs all day. LoL

C5Natie 02-20-2014 01:53 AM

Still thinking about Friday but Ill be there Saturday for sure. Just hoping the driveway to the corral is pavement this time and not dirt and mud again. Lol.
I almost got stuck last time.

dapopa9 02-20-2014 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by C5Natie (Post 1586217520)
Still thinking about Friday but Ill be there Saturday for sure. Just hoping the driveway to the corral is pavement this time and not dirt and mud again. Lol.
I almost got stuck last time.

haha yeah right. Last year if I remember correctly didn't you have to even drive on the beach in the sand for a short while as well?

boltvette 02-21-2014 03:38 PM

I'll be there all 3 days. In the corral Fri. & Sat.

DezVette 02-27-2014 01:12 PM

I just ordered my Corvette Corral ticket for Fri and Sat. Just in case anyone was wondering they are still available over the phone. Not available for purchase online. Friday is wide open but Saturday is getting limited.

RegnaR 02-27-2014 08:57 PM

just got a ticket for the corral on Saturday :thumbs:

Corvettinator 02-28-2014 12:42 AM

Just to restate an unanswered question, WTF is the corral? :confused:

Vet Interested 02-28-2014 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Corvettinator (Post 1586282714)
Just to restate an unanswered question, WTF is the corral? :confused:

Thanks for re-asking. I never did find out.

DezVette 02-28-2014 01:33 AM

At the Long Beach Grand Prix there is a special parking lot reserved for Corvettes. If you have a ticket to the corral there is also a Corvette only hospitality tent with food and drinks for the patrons. Sometime, from what I'm told, there are appearances by the Corvette racing teams during the events. The corral is held on Friday and Saturday. Admission is $25 with a paid general admission or reserved seat for the event. The total for both days GA is $136.

Vet Interested 02-28-2014 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by DezVette (Post 1586282843)
At the Long Beach Grand Prix there is a special parking lot reserved for Corvettes. If you have a ticket to the corral there is also a Corvette only hospitality tent with food and drinks for the patrons. Sometime, from what I'm told, there are appearances by the Corvette racing teams during the events. The corral is held on Friday and Saturday. Admission is $25 with a paid general admission or reserved seat for the event. The total for both days GA is $136.

THANKS!!:thumbs::thumbs:

DigitalWidgets 03-31-2014 02:32 PM

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Corvette Corral this year. Apparently, I'll be stuck waving yellow flags for the Indycar race in the turn 1 apex flag station! :thumbs: