CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Events (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events-97/)
-   -   SPEED Channel in Canada (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events/3428264-speed-channel-in-canada.html)

LIVIO 03-01-2014 02:50 AM

SPEED Channel in Canada

If you have ROGERS as your cable provider, you will notice that SPEED Channel is no longer available to ROGERS customers effective today, March 1st, 2014. Please call 1-866-516-3826 to voice your concerns about this bad decision ASAP. :mad:

sami85L98 03-01-2014 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by LIVIO (Post 1586291431)
If you have ROGERS as your cable provider, you will notice that SPEED Channel is no longer available to ROGERS customers effective today, March 1st, 2014. Please call 1-866-516-3826 to voice your concerns about this bad decision ASAP. :mad:

What could be the reason....i watch it all the time.

Saw the message on screen thought k had to call them may its my account...but dam its gone for good. Thanks for the heads up livio...man you are a info bank.....lol.

gdh 03-01-2014 08:34 AM

Maybe TSN or Sportsnet will pickup the major racing events. TSN is going to have to do something soon once the Leafs tv are moved to Rogers. At least TSN still has F1.

walleyejack 03-01-2014 08:50 AM

having Rogers, is the first problem, left them years ago.

squalo3 03-01-2014 09:03 AM

This is BS :mad:

Here's a link to Rogers service update page on this matter.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/sp...=serviceupdate

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PEOPLE CONTACT ROGERS AND TELL THEM HOW DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE ABOUT THIS (I DID). FLOOD THEIR CALL CENTRE AND FOLLOW UP WITH AN E-MAIL, TOO.

ALSO, MAKE A SUGGESTION TO GET RID OF THOSE STUPID AQUARIUM, COTTAGE, AND FIREPLACE CHANNELS. ONLY LOSERS ACTUALLY WATCH THOSE.

Black 03 Z06 03-01-2014 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by walleyejack (Post 1586292179)
having Rogers, is the first problem, left them years ago.

Hope you don't think those A … holes at Bell are any better. :eek: Still have Speed but it really is just crap these days in any case. I would like to dump the whole TV subscribe thing. I hear there are other options but I don't know too much about them.

Sorry you lost your Speed Reality Show Channel.

01ZEEOHSIX 03-01-2014 09:32 AM

Speed Channel is still available on Bell just turned it on.

FordPrefect 03-01-2014 11:51 AM

It's also still available on Cogeco in the Hamilton area. Long range forcast is a little sketchy, Speed in the US is dead with Fox Sports1 & 2 taking over. However they are still keeping Speed alive for international audiences so no idea why Rogers is acting ...like Rogers.

From Wikipedia:
The network remains available in Canada, the Caribbean, and Puerto Rico, airing archived Speed programming and live simulcasts of motorsports events shown on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 in the United States that would be otherwise unavailable to non-U.S. viewers

tfi racing 03-01-2014 12:54 PM

Other than the Nascar truck series there is really nothing on that channel anymore,good riddance.As long as Bell and Rogers have the CRTC in their back pockets,it is unlikely they will allow the CRTC to licence the Fox sports channels in Canada,why would they want any competition for TSN and Sportsnet?While you are contacting your cable provider ask for the Velocity channel or MAVTV,any decent automotive programming has already moved there.

Zeeman28a 03-01-2014 01:10 PM

Doesn't bother me. I haven't watched this new Speed channel since they switched. Gotten too commercial for my tastes.

Bring back the old speedchannel, and then I'll lead the march to Rogers head office myself. :thumbs:

walleyejack 03-01-2014 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by tfi racing (Post 1586293941)
Other than the Nascar truck series there is really nothing on that channel anymore,good riddance.As long as Bell and Rogers have the CRTC in their back pockets,it is unlikely they will allow the CRTC to licence the Fox sports channels in Canada,why would they want any competition for TSN and Sportsnet?While you are contacting your cable provider ask for the Velocity channel or MAVTV,any decent automotive programming has already moved there.

:iagree: there is not much on there. how does Pinks last so lomg ? that was two show deal for me. only thing i watcj is Pass Time and thats not a big deal. only watch Paige really. Race Hub if i am bored.

vettali 03-01-2014 04:47 PM

gonna miss my moto gp races:(:(

RedZ4me 03-01-2014 05:46 PM

Had both big 'giants', they both suck!!!......and expensive. Spend more time in the outdoors and keeping busy and just watch less TV

LT1vette 03-01-2014 08:30 PM

Speed Channel.....Rogers BS

Update....

I saw the "footer" banner running across the bottom of the speed channel for the Daytona 24 hour race. It said the channel was going to be cancelled before the Daytona 500 race...! WTF

So I called Rogers to ask, talking to the operator about it, she says, "yup, it's going to happen" SO, I ask her about the other (Bell) carrier, (thinking she works for Rogers, NO she works at a phone center in Sudbury and she is more than p---sed that they will not be showing the NASCAR)
She reads me a bulletin/press release, saying that the Speed channel is in negotiations with Rogers but they want too much money.....

I had a very candid conversation with this lady, even after the generic message that "these calls may be recorded for training purposes".....

I switched to Bell 2 days later....bundaled and saved $70/month

REALLY, neither carrier gives a s--t, it's all about the money:smash:

:cheers:

Red Devil 03-01-2014 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by vettali (Post 1586295472)
gonna miss my moto gp races:(:(

Me too! I download most of the races via torrents to watch at a later date, guess I will continue with that. Go Rossi go! :thumbs:

yyz1970 03-01-2014 10:42 PM

Speed Channel has gone down hill since it was purchased by FOX, I'm a Rogers customer will I miss this Channel? not really. Dumbest stuff on Wheels?
Don't get me wrong I like Nascar and other racing/auto shows but that channel is so Red neck/ trailer park I can't watch anymore.

Anyone remember the Nashville Network? REAL grass roots TV. No race drivers filling up with "SUNOCO" fuel or "GO Daddy" Budwiser commercials repeated over and over.

stpman 03-02-2014 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by RedZ4me (Post 1586295912)
Had both big 'giants', they both suck!!!......and expensive. Spend more time in the outdoors and keeping busy and just watch less TV

They all SUCK need to open up the market to Direct TV or DISH Network

DIPPOLD 03-03-2014 09:04 AM

Even though I am a Bell customer and still get SPEED there is nothing really worth watching on Speed. Most of the programs now are just re-runs and I am not a big fan of NASCAR. In fact I think they only have 3 commercials they run over and over. You could see it coming when they broke up the F1 announcer team last year.

RAGGDOLL 03-03-2014 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by DIPPOLD (Post 1586307924)
Even though I am a Bell customer and still get SPEED there is nothing really worth watching on Speed. Most of the programs now are just re-runs and I am not a big fan of NASCAR. In fact I think they only have 3 commercials they run over and over. You could see it coming when they broke up the F1 announcer team last year.

How they could take such a fantastic "brand" in Speed, and F it up to the extend it has been is beyond me.

They need cars guys producing the content on that channel :thumbs:

4 KRUSIN 03-03-2014 09:36 AM

As mentioned above, we need to solicit the providers for Velocity. Best automotive channel on TV. I watched it for 2 months in Florida. Some of the shows are available on Discovery, but it was great to have them all in one place. You know Velocity has to be good when my wife complained every day that "all there is on TV any more is car stuff". To which I would reply "And that's a problem because?" (Not really, but that's what I was thinking.)

Speed channel was gone in December in Florida and I only missed it until I found Velocity. Took about 5 minutes.