CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   ** New C7 Front License Plate Brackets Available from Top Flight Reproductions ** (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3442207-new-c7-front-license-plate-brackets-available-from-top-flight-reproductions.html)

Top Flight Reproductions 03-26-2014 09:15 PM

** New C7 Front License Plate Brackets Available from Top Flight Reproductions **

6 Attachment(s)
C7 Corvette Front License Plate Brackets

If you live in a state that requires a front license plate, we have two great solutions for your C7 Corvette. Both of the Top Flight Reproductions front license plate brackets allow more air flow than the standard GM grill mount and attach with just two fasteners. There is no drilling or modifications required to your corvette.

** Features of the "Low Profile Mount" include less blockage of air flow, a sturdy aluminum construction with a black powder coat finish that attaches using existing screws. **

** Features of the "Grill Mount" include a Slim-Line look, an increase in air flow through the grill compared to the GM mount as well as ease of installation. **

NOTE: The GM C7 and C6 Body Colored License Plate Frames (sold separately) can be used with all of the Top Flight Front License Plate Brackets to enhance the look of the front plate.

ORDER HERE: http://www.topflightrepro.com/corvet...brackets.shtml

C7 Front License Plate Bracket "Low Profile Mount"

Shown with optional GM colored frame

Attachment 48188857

Attachment 48188858

Mounts to the bottom of the lower front bumper using two existing screws

Attachment 48188859

C7 Front license plate bracket "Grill Mount"

Return the GM Front License plate bracket P/N 22830069
back to us and we will issue you core refund
(the P/N is located on the back side of the part).

Attachment 48188860

Mounts using the Fastener Kit shown below

Attachment 48188861

Grill Mount Fasteners qty of 2 per kit

Attachment 48188862

** Please note that these are not supplied with the above
"Grill Mount" Front license Plate Bracket. If you have the GM
Grill mount you can use the same two fasteners. If you do not
have the GM Grill mount you will need to order this fastener kit. **

Top Flight Reproductions 04-02-2014 10:38 AM

:cheers:

Patriot77 04-02-2014 05:36 PM

Do you have any suggestions for the rear standpoint as to not scratch the paint??? Many of these frames hug up tight to the car. I was wondering if anyone makes a felt type or even a rubber washer that could go against the car before mounting the rear plate. Just trying to protect the paint from getting a mark on it. Hope to hear from you. Thank You.

coupeguyz51 04-02-2014 09:08 PM

Very slick! I like it a lot! :thumbs:

Top Flight Reproductions 04-03-2014 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Patriot77 (Post 1586562386)
Do you have any suggestions for the rear standpoint as to not scratch the paint??? Many of these frames hug up tight to the car. I was wondering if anyone makes a felt type or even a rubber washer that could go against the car before mounting the rear plate. Just trying to protect the paint from getting a mark on it. Hope to hear from you. Thank You.

I have had these colored frames on both of my C6's (10 years) and have never had a scratch or mark :cheers:

Top Flight Reproductions 04-03-2014 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by coupeguyz51 (Post 1586564063)
Very slick! I like it a lot! :thumbs:

:thumbs: Thank you :cheers:

LIStingray 04-03-2014 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Patriot77 (Post 1586562386)
Do you have any suggestions for the rear standpoint as to not scratch the paint???

I put the 1/8" thick felt (from Home Depot - light brown in color) cut into 1" wise x 4" long strips on the license plate (not on the car) just above the bottom of the raised section of the rear fascia. It keep the plate and frame off the car's paint.

Top Flight Reproductions 04-06-2014 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by LIStingray (Post 1586566727)
I put the 1/8" thick felt (from Home Depot - light brown in color) cut into 1" wise x 4" long strips on the license plate (not on the car) just above the bottom of the raised section of the rear fascia. It keep the plate and frame off the car's paint.

:thumbs: :cheers:

Nyvetteguy007 04-06-2014 06:37 AM

Need to order this...a BIG improvement over the stock frame :thumbs:

Top Flight Reproductions 04-09-2014 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007 (Post 1586589091)
Need to order this...a BIG improvement over the stock frame :thumbs:

AFVETTE 07-10-2014 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by LIStingray (Post 1586566727)

I've used this method for over a decade. It works.

TKay 07-10-2014 08:57 AM

I really like the looks of the grille mount one. That is the one I will get when my car comes in.

Top Flight Reproductions 07-10-2014 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by TKay (Post 1587326344)
I really like the looks of the grille mount one. That is the one I will get when my car comes in.

:thumbs: thank you TKay :cheers:

TKay 07-21-2014 10:50 AM

Just curious, has anybody experienced overheating problems with the grille mounted bracket?

Top Flight Reproductions 07-25-2014 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by TKay (Post 1587409764)
Just curious, has anybody experienced overheating problems with the grille mounted bracket?

None so far and doubt anyone would with our grill mounted bracket, this allows more airflow than the GM Aero mount and we also have the Low Profile mount witch opens up considerably more area. :cheers:

Yukonboy03 08-19-2014 04:08 PM

tag for home viewing

50MileSmile 08-21-2014 07:42 PM

In case you're wondering about the quality of products from Top Flight Reproductions: Yesterday, I sold my '07 C6 with the TFR front license plate holder that has been on the car for almost all of its 8 years. The detachable holder looked brand-new - no nicks, no scratches, no runs, no drips and no errors. The bracket bonded to the bumper hasn't moved a millimeter and looks brand-new. The screws and other hardware all look brand-new.

So, credit where credit is due: These folks turn out quality products that last. I have no interest in this company other than as a satisfied customer, and I can't wait to do business with them again. :thumbs:

Top Flight Reproductions 08-26-2014 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 50MileSmile (Post 1587650843)
In case you're wondering about the quality of products from Top Flight Reproductions: Yesterday, I sold my '07 C6 with the TFR front license plate holder that has been on the car for almost all of its 8 years. The detachable holder looked brand-new - no nicks, no scratches, no runs, no drips and no errors. The bracket bonded to the bumper hasn't moved a millimeter and looks brand-new. The screws and other hardware all look brand-new.

So, credit where credit is due: These folks turn out quality products that last. I have no interest in this company other than as a satisfied customer, and I can't wait to do business with them again. :thumbs:

Thank you for the kind words 50MileSmile :cheers:

Top Flight Reproductions 08-31-2014 06:15 AM

6 Attachment(s)
C7 Corvette Front License Plate Brackets

If you live in a state that requires a front license plate, we have two great solutions for your C7 Corvette. Both of the Top Flight Reproductions front license plate brackets allow more air flow than the standard GM grill mount and attach with just two fasteners. There is no drilling or modifications required to your corvette.

** Features of the "Low Profile Mount" include less blockage of air flow, a sturdy aluminum construction with a black powder coat finish that attaches using existing screws. **

** Features of the "Grill Mount" include a Slim-Line look, an increase in air flow through the grill compared to the GM mount as well as ease of installation. **

NOTE: The GM C7 and C6 Body Colored License Plate Frames (sold separately) can be used with all of the Top Flight Front License Plate Brackets to enhance the look of the front plate.

ORDER HERE: http://www.topflightrepro.com/corvet...brackets.shtml

C7 Front License Plate Bracket "Low Profile Mount"

Attachment 48188863

Attachment 48188864

Mounts to the bottom of the lower front bumper using two existing screws

Attachment 48188865

C7 Front license plate bracket "Grill Mount"

Return the GM Front License plate bracket P/N 22830069
back to us and we will issue you core refund
(the P/N is located on the back side of the part).

Attachment 48188866

Mounts using the Fastener Kit shown below

Attachment 48188867

Grill Mount Fasteners qty of 2 per kit

Attachment 48188868

** Please note that these are not supplied with the above
"Grill Mount" Front license Plate Bracket. If you have the GM
Grill mount you can use the same two fasteners. If you do not
have the GM Grill mount you will need to order this fastener kit. **

hdwideglide 08-31-2014 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by 50MileSmile (Post 1587650843)

Same here. I've had mine on my '07 every since I've owned mine and getting ready to order another for my '15. Peter is great people and have fantastic products. :cheers: