CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The Vert is Da' Bomb (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3510614-the-vert-is-da-bomb.html)

Tire Guy 08-03-2014 07:30 AM

The Vert is Da' Bomb

Had the C6 Coupe for 8 years and had the top off maybe 8 times and none in the last 5 years. It just was not something I would do to run around town or out for the evening. I have had the C7 Convertible for one week and put the top down almost every time I drive! It is so easy and quick. LOVE IT! :rofl:

If you are on the fence about getting a convertible over a coupe. Get the convertible.

This car makes me feel like a rock star with all the attention it gets. :rock:

arcticblast 08-03-2014 08:06 AM

Nice. Love the arctic white. :thumbs:

01VETTECOP 08-03-2014 08:18 AM

I want a Manual top ! One less thing to break.

Larry/car 08-03-2014 08:20 AM

Yes the best feature on the C7 is the full power top. I cycle mine down almost every trip. To date about 80% on my trips have been topless. Had a C6 coupe, only removed the top about six times during the summer. I ditto: LOVE IT!

SASprof 08-03-2014 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP (Post 1587506368)
I want a Manual top ! One less thing to break.

Better to enjoy your car (and your life) than to live in fear of what might/could/possibly/maybe go wrong.

01VETTECOP 08-03-2014 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by SASprof (Post 1587506525)
Better to enjoy your car (and your life) than to live in fear of what might/could/possibly/maybe go wrong.

My manual top goes down pretty quick on my C6 !

eboggs_jkvl 08-03-2014 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP (Post 1587506581)
My manual top goes down pretty quick on my C6 !

But!!!!! Can you do it at 29 MPH? :rofl: I can.

Elmer

01VETTECOP 08-03-2014 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by SASprof (Post 1587506525)

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl (Post 1587506627)
But!!!!! Can you do it at 29 MPH? :rofl: I can.

Elmer

:lurk:

Mfserge 08-03-2014 09:11 AM

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. Coupe all the way. With the top up the vert looks fugly.

commander112 08-03-2014 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mfserge (Post 1587506648)
Sorry, I respectfully disagree. Coupe all the way. With the top up the vert looks fugly.

But with the top down the vert looks better than the coupe! While with the top up the vert may not look as good as a coupe it is hardly fugly.

dckotwicki 08-03-2014 09:17 AM

I have a coupe. Had a C6 coupe. I found that having the top off, things were too noisy. I came from 40 years of motorcycling with trips that included multiple days at speed on the x-way. I now prefer quiet, except for the roar of the engine.

These days, I mostly keep the lid on.

gsiegel1 08-03-2014 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mfserge (Post 1587506648)

This debate can you go on without an answer. It is simply a matter of taste. I agree the coupe looks better with the top up, however went with the convertible for the same reasons stated in this post. While the top on the coupe is certainly much easier to remove than in the past, realistically I envisioned many times where I would not remove it simply for convenience sake of jumping in the car and getting from point a to B, while the convertible of course all we need to do is push a button and can even do so while driving. I think the vert looks great with the top downand better than the coupe this way -just my opinion (and that of my kids who will love the transformer car when it arrives). This is why I opted for convertible, especially in Florida where the top will be down way more often than not. Go with your gut, get what you like, and then drive it like you stole it.

Mfserge 08-03-2014 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by commander112 (Post 1587506676)
But with the top down the vert looks better than the coupe! While with the top up the vert may not look as good as a coupe it is hardly fugly.

Top down the vert has a slight edge than the coupe with the top off. Fugly is my own personal opinion and hardly fugly is yours. The lines on the coupe are far nicer than those of the vert and the side intakes are of my my personal favorite exterior elements of the car which is missing from the vert. I do love the water fall on th vert which isn't on the coupe, especially IKULC7's with the black stripes. That's pretty awesome.

Larry/car 08-03-2014 09:32 AM

The new C7 convertible top is about as nice as humanly possible (fabric stretched tight and smooth, header and top blended into a seamless transition). Coupe looks better (?) yesteryear manufactures designed the coupe to look like a convertible, how's that for change? The C7 coupe's design lines are spoiled somewhat with the addition of the upper quarter panel vents (some seem to like them?), the convertible doesn't have them - yes!

SASprof 08-03-2014 09:34 AM

A good friend of mine won't get a vert because somebody might cut the top with a pocket knife. I call that living your life in fear.

Mongo02 08-03-2014 09:50 AM

It is a matter of opinion and taste. I was sold on the convertible with the top up. The coupe looks great, but I just thought the vert looked better. I too am of the school that less can go wrong with less moving parts but made the leap. You only live once. I am glad I made the decision to get the vert.

Fore58 08-03-2014 09:53 AM

:iagree: I am enjoy mine also. And the car is fast......11.94 bone stock A6. Thought it would be much slower. Hopefully, I will see a few more at the 1/4 mile track. I am the only one on the fast list. Car & Driver did 12.1 with the convertible A6. So, I would say it's right there with the coupe. Many members said that the convertible is a tad slower, right...not this one:thumbs:

Steve_R 08-03-2014 09:59 AM

I'm with the OP. I too had a C6 coupe and almost never took the top off because it was far too windy and noisy in the cabin. I love the C7 vert and the ease of putting the top down. Nothing like top down cruising. Top off a coupe doesn't remotely compare to top down on a vert.

monicatomokc 08-03-2014 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by commander112 (Post 1587506676)

:iagree:

Even with the top up, the design really isn't that bad. I sent an E-mail to Smooth Line Tops (link to their site below) to see what they have in the works for the C7, just out of curiosity (I might get one for winter driving; not that I need it for Oklahoma weather). They're working on it and said they were looking for a mule to model for them. If the design is appealing, maybe we can have the best of both worlds!! I always liked the look of the 1967 convertible/hardtop. Hopefully Smooth Line will do us well. We'll see...

http://www.smoothline.com/

Mike Mercury 08-03-2014 10:30 AM

if we were in a better climate zone, a vert would be the choice. I don't think it gets any better driving a Corvette Vert with the top down.

But, with the top up :nonod: