CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   GT seat comfort: Anyone having issues with this? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3522223-gt-seat-comfort-anyone-having-issues-with-this.html)

Larry Hagmans liver 08-25-2014 09:06 AM

GT seat comfort: Anyone having issues with this?

We've had our C7 almost two months now and have put on about 1,800 miles. I'm 6'0" 180 pounds and having a difficult time getting used to the GT seats in our car (as does my wife). If we go cruising and sit in the car for more the three hours or so, my lower back gets incredibly sore. We cruised yesterday afternoon and I've had to take ibuprofen to get rid of the pain last night & this morning. My threshold for pain is higher than most people, but this lower backache is painful.

Is anyone else having problems with seats in the C7? I've tried a variety of different positions with the lumbar, etc. and nothing seems to work. I'm open to any and all suggestions and comments. My lower back is begging for help!!! :crazy:

Al Blue4.6l 08-25-2014 09:32 AM

I'd try reducing the lumbar inflation to almost none and see if that helps

1KULC7 08-25-2014 09:39 AM

6'1'' 185lbs, no problems, have the comp seats... Could be way you are sitting and have the seat adjusted. Your back should be straight, seat should be close to steering wheels so your leg is slightly bent and within arms reach for the entire wheel. You can adjust the lumbar and lateral supports in the seat. You should not have any problems.

sdcnews 08-25-2014 10:00 AM

GT seats

I also have lower back issues, but I have found the C7 seats to be very comfortable, I can drive all day with no back issues. I think all backs are unique.

jim2092 08-25-2014 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Al Blue4.6l (Post 1587675204)
I'd try reducing the lumbar inflation to almost none and see if that helps

I have to totally deflate the lumbar support or my back hurts.

Al Blue4.6l 08-25-2014 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by jim2092 (Post 1587675551)
I have to totally deflate the lumbar support or my back hurts.

:iagree:

It will feel funny at first, but I've had to do that in most of my cars, otherwise they get uncomfortable quickly

aj98 08-25-2014 10:39 AM

Subjectively, I think the GT seats force you to sit with correct posture.

If you don't, and your 'normal' sitting position isn't correct, then your back will complain when you are in the GT seats.

As others have suggested, adjusting out the lower support to fit the contour of your spine will also help.

Kracka 08-25-2014 10:41 AM

All good here, longest single day drive so far has been Chicago to Dallas and we were comfortable.

69L79 08-25-2014 10:48 AM

OP, you are not alone. Numerous threads about this. The seats are a problem that GM will address as soon as they perceive that demand is starting to flatten. :yesnod:

nmerhaut 08-25-2014 10:52 AM

Ironically, riding in the new C7 has not bothered my back and we drove it back from KC. Not sure what advice it give as everyone is different but sounds like time to visit the orthopaedist as I'm going to do. Good luck.

garye 08-25-2014 11:25 AM

I’m 6’4” and 240lbs, and have had issues with the seat as well. I think they were designed for 6’0” 165lbs. I do wish GM would address the issue, its just too bad that they will do it for a later model. I may be looking for a Shelby Mustang, Dodge Hellcat or CTS-V in order to have power and comfort.

INTIMIDAT3R 08-25-2014 11:36 AM

I suffer from chronic back spasms and have never had a problem with the stock seats.

In fact, the heated seats help soothe my back and ease the spasms when they hit.

Larry Hagmans liver 08-26-2014 09:21 AM

I read through all your suggestions/comments and checked the lumbar and seating position in our car. The lumbar support was pretty high so I reduced it to a minimum then moved my seat forward as my legs did not have a slight bend in the knees. WOW!! Made a huge difference! Went for a quick spin and I can already tell a big difference for the better. Can't wait for a road trip & see how my back feels after several hours of cruising!

Hat tip to 1KULC7 and all of you for your input on this matter! :) I really appreciate it and hope to return the favor someday!

AFVETTE 08-26-2014 09:29 AM

4 weeks old and loving the seats. 5'9" 220 pounds with bad back and left knee. Far better than any of my previous vette's.

Granted I haven't taken any LONG trips yet, the most seat time I have had at one time has been about 40 minutes.

Al Blue4.6l 08-26-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Larry Hagmans liver (Post 1587683744)
I read through all your suggestions/comments and checked the lumbar and seating position in our car. The lumbar support was pretty high so I reduced it to a minimum then moved my seat forward as my legs did not have a slight bend in the knees. WOW!! Made a huge difference! Went for a quick spin and I can already tell a big difference for the better. Can't wait for a road trip & see how my back feels after several hours of cruising!

Hat tip to 1KULC7 and all of you for your input on this matter! :) I really appreciate it and hope to return the favor someday!

:thumbs:

pops_vette 08-26-2014 09:51 AM

Had our 2014 since this past November. We love the GT seats!

pwj155 08-26-2014 10:31 AM

I have no comment on the seats, I just wanted to say that's a great screen name! :D