CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Needed Body Shop QUALITY Comments: Classic Chevy, Sugar Land & Westside Chevy, Katy (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3545960-needed-body-shop-quality-comments-classic-chevy-sugar-land-and-westside-chevy-katy.html)

jmarch313 10-10-2014 08:23 PM

Needed Body Shop QUALITY Comments: Classic Chevy, Sugar Land & Westside Chevy, Katy

My beautiful 2010 Torch Red Grand Sport did NOT have one single scratch, UNTIL TODAY! :ack:

Now my left rear finder has a new wrinkle with 4-5 inches of broken fiberglass near the wheel arch! Yes, I'm still crying........

Anyway, now I need a TOP QUALITY Vette Body Shop.

ALL of my service, since new, has been adequately performed here in Sugar Land, TX by Classic Chevrolet.

My insurance company, Nationwide, advises that I can utilize Classic; HOWEVER, their PERFERRED dealer is Westside Chevrolet in Katy, TX.

All required replacements will be Factory Original.

Any comments &/or recommendations regarding the quality of the body work performed by either of these two dealers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a Bunch!!!

dpigguy 10-10-2014 08:41 PM

Sorry but no experience with either. I used Parkway south of Tomball and they were good but mine was a small problem. You might want to visit each before committing as you can use anyone you want in Texas.

Turbo6TA 10-10-2014 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by jmarch313 (Post 1588016274)

My beautiful 2010 Torch Red Grand Sport did NOT have one single scratch, UNTIL TODAY! :ack:

Now my left rear finder has a new wrinkle with 4-5 inches of broken fiberglass near the wheel arch!

I didn't think the C6s had any fiberglass body panels

Firewater Burns 10-10-2014 09:27 PM

The insurance company is mainly concerned with cost. I would look for a body shop that specializes in high end cars. When I had my front bumper replaced, I found Stuarts in Dallas. The manager gave me a tour while I waited for my ride. In the shop and parking lot, they had at least (it has been a while) 4-5 Vettes, 3-4 Ferraries, 6-7 Porsches, a Lambo, some BMWs, and Mercs. After explaining a few of the processes they were doing on the more heavily damaged cars, you could say I was sold.

A quick search of Houston shows Lucas Paint & Body, Eurocar-Werk, and River Oaks Paint & Body specialize in high end work. No experience with any of them, but I wouldn't limit myself to a "recommended" shop because they give the insurance company a better deal.

Edit: Found on NSX forum:

S & T Autobody in Katy does all of Hennessy Performance's mods and paint. Heard many good reports, and has done NSXs before.

heavyzee 10-10-2014 10:40 PM

Collision plus at 10 and 6 does tons of super high end cars...

My buddy has a dozen or so 100k plus cars and swears by that place... managers name Nick Patel....

AORoads 10-10-2014 10:55 PM

"Crowhater" wrote back in April that Jeremy at 1488 Collision took good care of his C6. You may want to check with him or take a look at 1488 if you want an indie shop instead of a dealer body shop.

kellf190 10-11-2014 12:02 AM

Richey Collision!

H-TOWNC6 10-11-2014 09:41 AM

:iagree: