CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   What's my TT c6 worth?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3549696-whats-my-tt-c6-worth.html)

Still_Slow 10-18-2014 06:04 PM

What's my TT c6 worth??

Hello everyone

Ok so I am posting here to see what my mildly built twin turbo c6 is worth

I'm in the process of building my car but I may need to sell it.

I have been trying to sell off all the parts but not having any luck, now I'm thinking of just finishing the build and see if I can sell all as a hole! Now for details

Victory Red 2007 Z51 m6, 32,000 miles, 3LT with out the nav, on star and integrated phone
*Car is very ckean and no dents, never smoked in or seen rain, always garage kept

MODS

Wide booty rear w/ gloss black GS wheels

May include but not likely, brand new bkack Weld RTS rear 17x11 wheels with m&h tires, Alumastars in the front

Built diff with 4.10's and C5z halfshafts
DTE trans brace
Monster stage 3 clutch
MGW shifter and race knob
Upp tt kit
Vengeance Racing tt cam
AEM tru boost controller
AEM wideband and fuel pressure gauge
Triple gauge pod
Alky control meth kit and AIS stealth tank in the rear
TT kit and manifolds are VHT Painted and DEI wrapped
FAST 57# injectors
Kenne bell boost a pump and racetronix harness
Ls9 gaskets
ARP head studs, cam bokts and header studs
C7R timing chain
Meziere electric water pump
Holley valve covers
Optima yellow top battery
Victor Jr and Aarons sheet metal elbow
Carbon Creations carbon fiber cowl hood with vents (to fit vic jr set up)
C6Z full factory 3" exhaust
Yella terra rockers

What do you think I could get for this car, or what you would you think be a reasonable asking price to move it fast

Thanks again

Frankie

Still_Slow 10-18-2014 07:19 PM

Just a few random pics

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d71062ef00.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...8e92f153ea.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...255ca0fddc.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...963856d55c.jpg

not08crmanymore 10-18-2014 09:21 PM

If you want to sell the car for it's actual retail value, put it back to stock and sell it that way.Sell the parts separately.You will shoot yourself in the foot trying to sell a "lightly" modded twin turbo car.I laughed at that by the way, lol.No offense but "lightly modded" and twin turbo don't belong in the same sentence. MODS like you are doing might bring 15-25 cents on the dollar in return when you sell. Not really worth your time or effort if all you're gonna do is sell it.Ask me how I know!! lol. You are limiting yourself to a very slim market out there. Those who would normally look at your vette in stock form won't even give it a second thought with tt's on there. So what's it worth??Take the value of your car in stock form in your area and go from there....might be worth less with your mods on there...certainly isn't going to increase real world resale value unless you find that needle in the haystack you're building who wants what you're building.:thumbs:

MaxGs 10-18-2014 09:28 PM

Agree. Like Bikes One person's idea of what is a great build is anothers idea of silly.

Many won't buy a car that may have been tracked or is built for a track. But there are a few who will be looking for YOUR car. You have to find them. I found AutoTrader to be my best place to sell a car. Have not had to trade in years, Start out with Edmund's good private party and add from there. Every car has a buyer,

Still_Slow 10-18-2014 10:23 PM

I see what your saying but I have tried to sell these parts for a while now, I'll start a thread and will have zero interest, then I'll take it off the boards and buy a few parts to complete the build and again something will come up and will have to stop or slow the build, so after this last time I just figured to sell everything, I have some threads open for the parts but again no interest ,so I was thinking just go ahead with the build and sell as a hole but yes like you said I will be shooting my self in the foot and yes the mods I got are for what I like and yea not everyone has the same taste

The car blue books retail at $31k, private property $29k and trade in at $26-28k

I have $16k worth of parts and most parts can sell but the big pieces are what I'm having trouble with

I would be looking for a quick sale so I would price it at
$26k STOCK and not sure what I would price it with all the parts but looks like selling the car stock is my best bet while still trying to sell the parts

As for mildly built it's just a basic tt kit, nothing crazy nor a 1000hp build

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1588072465)
If you want to sell the car for it's actual retail value, put it back to stock and sell it that way.Sell the parts separately.You will shoot yourself in the foot trying to sell a "lightly" modded twin turbo car.I laughed at that by the way, lol.No offense but "lightly modded" and twin turbo don't belong in the same sentence. MODS like you are doing might bring 15-25 cents on the dollar in return when you sell. Not really worth your time or effort if all you're gonna do is sell it.Ask me how I know!! lol. You are limiting yourself to a very slim market out there. Those who would normally look at your vette in stock form won't even give it a second thought with tt's on there. So what's it worth??Take the value of your car in stock form in your area and go from there....might be worth less with your mods on there...certainly isn't going to increase real world resale value unless you find that needle in the haystack you're building who wants what you're building.:thumbs:

Fizbandantalus 10-18-2014 11:49 PM

IF you do decide to part, my 07 Victory Red would be interested...

Still_Slow 10-19-2014 12:04 AM

PM sent!

Originally Posted by Fizbandantalus (Post 1588073292)
IF you do decide to part, my 07 Victory Red would be interested...

not08crmanymore 10-19-2014 12:24 AM

I don't think you'd have a problem selling that hood!! If it was January/February,I'd buy it myself. :D As for the other parts,maybe some vendors would be interested in buying the turbos or something or even maybe whomever you bought it from...I've experienced that in the past.Of course they buy at wholesale...

Fizbandantalus 10-19-2014 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Still_Slow (Post 1588073366)
PM sent!

Sent back your way! If I dont send a reply fast the desert people are acting up.:flag::flag:

Still_Slow 10-19-2014 12:52 AM

I still may have the hood by then, so far just adding up everything i have and selling what i have even at a discount will net me way more rather than selling with all on the car, the car selling is where my profit will be so I'd try and move that faster than the parts, right now it's looking I could sell faster stock, there are a few wholesale dealerships in my town that I could sell my car to as well as online adds, the car has 31k miles, clean carfax and should sell I think

Thanks for the input

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1588073436)
I don't think you'd have a problem selling that hood!! If it was January/February,I'd buy it myself. :D As for the other parts,maybe some vendors would be interested in buying the turbos or something or even maybe whomever you bought it from...I've experienced that in the past.Of course they buy at wholesale...

LethalTT 10-28-2014 12:20 AM

how big are turbos? how much did it put down?

Entaille 10-28-2014 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1588072465)

agreed, agreed, agreed. don't get in a hurry and shoot yourself in the foot, take the time to do it right, sell your aftermarket stuff separately, and sell the car as close to stock as possible.

if you aren't able to sell your parts you must be doing something wrong. if your asking price is like 50-75% of new parts cost and the parts are in good condition, and you are describing things well, taking good photos, bumping daily, and using forums, craigslist etc.. your parts should sell. you should be willing to ship, too. not every part will find a local home, the car is too niche for that. I parted out my STi back to stock in a months time and I had power mods, lots of exterior and suspension, wheels and tires... gotta put in the effort to make it happen though!

it's extra work but I would rather take .50-.75 cents on the dollar for my parts than .0 - .25. especially with as much invested as you have.

1rusty1 10-28-2014 01:30 AM

I agree with others. Sell the parts separately. I am always looking to upgrade and would be interested to see your list. If you have the base fenders, pull the WB and sell as well.

Still_Slow 10-28-2014 02:21 AM

Thanks guys and yes I agree also Lol

Part out threads have begun, check my profile for the threads

RJRSW 10-28-2014 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Still_Slow (Post 1588072849)
I would be looking for a quick sale so I would price it at
$26k STOCK and not sure what I would price it with all the parts but looks like selling the car stock is my best bet while still trying to sell the parts

I would say the car would go mid $20's either in original stock condition or with all the mods installed. The car will sell much faster stock and then you should be able to recover around half of the original investment on the mods selling them off separately.

tim414 10-28-2014 09:09 AM

I agree with most. If it's not selling now, modding it further will not cause it to sell any better.

Most peeps I've noticed whose in the market to buy a C6 look for factory cars. I would think your wide body mod would be HIGHLY desirable.

Remove all but headers and intake. Those are usually viewed as a plus to some, drawback to few.

GLWS.