CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   D3 Performance Engineering C6 Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/3565663-d3-performance-engineering-c6-dual-spal-fan-shroud-kit.html)

D3PE 11-21-2014 04:07 PM

D3 Performance Engineering C6 Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit

http://www.d3performanceengineering....0Fan%20Kit.jpg

D3 Performance Engineering is proud to introduce a new product for the C6 Corvette platform, the D3 C6 Corvette Dual Spal Fan Shroud kit! This product was designed to help solve common issues associated with higher horsepower setups, vehicles with extra heat exchangers or large intercoolers blocking airflow or introducing extra heat before the radiator. The stock radiator has a large surface area and high fin density, however, once you start dealing with elevated temps and restricted airflow, the OEM fan setup is no longer efficient at removing heat from the cooling system. While being a good flowing fan, the factory shrouding does not cover the entire face of the radiator and we feel this leaves a lot of potential for additional heat extraction.

Our Dual Spal Fan Shroud kit includes a 3D CAD designed fan shroud built from lightweight yet sturdy .125” aluminum and featuring stainless pressed-in mounting hardware along with air bypass flaps. Next it features the highest flowing fans available from Spal in 11” diameter. These are not the highest “free flowing” fans, they are the highest flowing fans in a restricted state, which is what really sets different fans apart when they are mated against a radiator.

This kit also includes the Spal relay and wiring harness kit which is designed specifically for dealing with the high current draw of these HO fans.

This kit is a 100% bolt in install and requires the OEM fan control connector to be wired to the Spal harness, power for the Spal harness connected directly to the fuse box lug, and the ground wire connected to the chassis.

Pricing for this kit is $899.99 shipped in the lower 48 states for CorvetteForum.com members, for international shipping quotes please email or call, dealer inquiry’s welcome. We also offer the same kit for the ZR1 C6 Corvette!

D3 Performance Engineering
(832) 453-0887
Sales@D3PerformanceEngineering.com

http://www.d3performanceengineering....t%20Detail.jpg

Unreal 11-21-2014 05:17 PM

Are these the brushless fans?

Should really do one for cut down radiators too. Most high HP people are going that route. Going to make my own in January if something isn't out by then. And will that fit with blower kits? Almost all the blower kits you cut down the fan shroud right where that one fan is. N/A people aren't overheating, and it looks like this may not fit with a blower kit.

MrH00nel2 11-21-2014 09:20 PM

it wont fit my blower kit. I need one fan or the right fan much lower than the left.

I am still searching

Unreal 11-21-2014 10:16 PM

Exactly, fans would need to be swapped, and ideally setup for a cut down radiator.

cwylie 04-30-2016 08:53 PM

Anymore feedback on this setup?

D3PE 06-16-2016 01:58 PM

Here is an accurate photo of the current version! We began implementing a more concise wiring harness with our PWM module to avoid the bulk and make it completely plug and play to the factory harness! We've sold through dozens of these in just the last couple of months! Summer is officially here!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2q09aap.jpg

schpenxel 06-16-2016 02:17 PM

Will it fit the factory radiator?

D3PE 06-17-2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by schpenxel (Post 1592438075)
Will it fit the factory radiator?

Yes it is designed for the OEM radiator mounting. Any radiator that has provisions for the stock shroud mounting will accept our shroud

RobbyZ 06-18-2016 01:08 PM

Work with a Dewitts?

Originally Posted by D3PE (Post 1592444395)
Yes it is designed for the OEM radiator mounting. Any radiator that has provisions for the stock shroud mounting will accept our shroud

I have 2009 C6 Z51 and I upgraded to a Dewits radiator but I am still having heat issues. I do HPDE events in Phoenix and need all the air/cooling possible. I am naturally aspirated. Will this work with my setuo? Do you have many HPDE folks benefit from your product?

Unreal 06-19-2016 10:08 PM

This is the best fan setup made but for a NA car, you shouldn't be having issues here. I would check other stuff first. D3 fan setup is the best cooling setup out there, but fans are only for low speed. Once you are going 40+ the airflow from moving is doing more than the fans, so if you are overheating at speed I would check other options first.

That being said, anyone in a hot environment should be running something like this.

D3PE 06-20-2016 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by RobbyZ (Post 1592451102)
I have 2009 C6 Z51 and I upgraded to a Dewits radiator but I am still having heat issues. I do HPDE events in Phoenix and need all the air/cooling possible. I am naturally aspirated. Will this work with my setuo? Do you have many HPDE folks benefit from your product?

As long as that radiator has brackets to accept a stock shroud, then ours has the same mounting and you will be good to go! Our fans are speed controlled by the factory ecu so you can put them at 100% when temps are the hottest and it will adjust as temps go down, so technically it would still be just as efficient for any type of racing

D3PE 06-20-2016 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Unreal (Post 1592459610)
This is the best fan setup made but for a NA car, you shouldn't be having issues here. I would check other stuff first. D3 fan setup is the best cooling setup out there, but fans are only for low speed. Once you are going 40+ the airflow from moving is doing more than the fans, so if you are overheating at speed I would check other options first.

That being said, anyone in a hot environment should be running something like this.

Thank you for the great review! :D

CMY SIX 06-20-2016 04:14 PM

I have dual Spal fans, can you get just the shroud? and what's the difference between your shroud and the shroud that comes with the fans from say DeWitts?

D3PE 06-20-2016 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by CMY SIX (Post 1592464437)
I have dual Spal fans, can you get just the shroud? and what's the difference between your shroud and the shroud that comes with the fans from say DeWitts?

We have a very specific SPAL fans that we use to get these results but I'm sorry we do not sell the components individually. The only Dewitts ones we've seen come through our shop have the SPAL generic plastic shroud that's adapted to the radiator. Our setup is the only drop in and plug and play fan system that's speed controlled by the factory ECU that I'm aware of.

Unreal 06-20-2016 08:23 PM

The generic dual spal setup and this aren't even comparable. Totally different. That is like saying you have a 1980 corvette, and this is a 2016 z06.

Detoxx03 06-20-2016 10:15 PM

Ordered mine this morning. Can't wait to get them put on. They've worked great on a friends car.

2010 ZO6 06-21-2016 01:17 AM

How much CFM these fans can produce ?

D3PE 06-21-2016 11:36 AM

Here is the technical info on the fan. It is the highest flowing fan with the resistance of flowing through a core in that size

http://i68.tinypic.com/28arz8k.jpg

CMY SIX 06-21-2016 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by D3PE (Post 1592465014)
We have a very specific SPAL fans that we use to get these results but I'm sorry we do not sell the components individually. The only Dewitts ones we've seen come through our shop have the SPAL generic plastic shroud that's adapted to the radiator. Our setup is the only drop in and plug and play fan system that's speed controlled by the factory ECU that I'm aware of.

my DeWitts Spal fan set-up dropped right in on the factory mounts and the fan plug plugged right into the control box, The Spal shroud is plastic and it has the same little vents with the same little rubber flaps as yours does, in fact they "look" the same except yours is aluminum, I am always trying to improve things especially cooling so I'm just trying to grasp why it's better? Thanks

D3PE 06-21-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by CMY SIX (Post 1592470074)
my DeWitts Spal fan set-up dropped right in on the factory mounts and the fan plug plugged right into the control box, The Spal shroud is plastic and it has the same little vents with the same little rubber flaps as yours does, in fact they "look" the same except yours is aluminum, I am always trying to improve things especially cooling so I'm just trying to grasp why it's better? Thanks

I'm not familiar enough with their product to properly compare other than the few that have some through here which were as I described