CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Bummed, I think I'm too big (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3570776-bummed-i-think-im-too-big.html)

gsport 12-02-2014 02:47 AM

Bummed, I think I'm too big

I'm 6'3", 235 lbs. and think I'm too big for a C7. I've been driving Vettes for over 30 years and been fairly comfortable in all of them. Today a friend came by with his new C7 convertible. After driving it I realize it's the first vette I wasn't comfortable in. My question is what size of drivers are all of you??

RussM05 12-02-2014 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by gsport (Post 1588388801)
I'm 6'3", 235 lbs. and think I'm too big for a C7. I've been driving Vettes for over 30 years and been fairly comfortable in all of them. Today a friend came by with his new C7 convertible. After driving it I realize it's the first vette I wasn't comfortable in. My question is what size of drivers are all of you??

When I ordered my car, I was 6 foot and 230 pounds. I dedicated myself to lose weight so I could fit in the car better. I am now 200 pounds. I find the fit fine, but understand if I was taller it would be difficult. The car May be a problem for people much taller than me.

SRQStingray 12-02-2014 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by RussM05 (Post 1588388983)
When I ordered my car, I was 6 foot and 230 pounds. I dedicated myself to lose weight so I could fit in the car better. I am now 200 pounds. I find the fit fine, but understand if I was taller it would be difficult. The car May be a problem for people much taller than me.

Owning a C7 is a great reason for losing weight. I applaud your effort and am inspired by it.

C7Joy 12-02-2014 07:04 AM

Seat bolstering makes them tighter than the C6 seats I have found. But at 6'2" and around 200 I am still comfortable.

ParishM 12-02-2014 07:09 AM

i'm in the same spot, even worse being 6'0 and 345lbs

is it possible to use C6 seats or custom made seats with less bolsters
to gain more room and comfort ?

Ernest_T 12-02-2014 07:14 AM

I'm 5'11" and right at 200 lbs so I'm not really tall or big, but I have a long torso. I don't put the seat back real far and my head comes very close to the top of the car. I can see how taller and wider people would have a hard time with the C7.

Mr Guns 12-02-2014 07:47 AM

I'm 6'0, and just reached my highest weight at 223lbs. Shooting for 230lbs by the end of winter. I don't feel the car is too tight for me or uncomfortable at this point.

CanadianVetster 12-02-2014 07:47 AM

I guess it depends on your body shape.
I.E. Long leg, waist, etc...
I am 6'4" 230
Long in the leg, personally I did not have an issue.
Closer feel then my 07 Z06, but not cramped by any means.

But dropping a few pounds is generally recommended for most men over 40 anyway.
So if the C7 can contribute to men's health then even better.
Some may also be able to leverage that with their wives as a good reason to get one.:woohoo::hide::woohoo::woohoo:

macdaddy548 12-02-2014 07:47 AM

There are several references in different threads outlining the process of adjusting the seat to accommodate "larger Americans". :D It seems like guys even bigger than you have found they fit when these steps are taken.
Personally, I'm 6'2" and "260ish". I fit fine, but not much extra space available. Hence, driving the car comfortably by losing a few (OK, more than a few) pounds has also become my goal - as referenced above.
:woohoo:

lsp408 12-02-2014 07:54 AM

I am 5'11" and pushing over 290. The first day was a little uncomfortable then I got used to it.

I do have issue seeing the traffic light if I am the first in line

rothchilds 12-02-2014 08:24 AM

I'm 6'1" and 230. Longer torso, 32" inseam. Car is a little more snug then the C6 because the seats are more supportive. The thigh bolsters are way beefier. I get the transparent tops, cause the extra 1" or so of head room make a difference for me, and I don't feel quite so claustrophobic. It just feels a little more enclosed, but I think its that the car is designed more driver centric.

mjw930 12-02-2014 08:24 AM

I'm 5'9" and right around 220 and I fit fine. Of course I've been driving sports cars all my life, mostly Porsches as well as race cars so I'm used to how my body fits in a sport seat. Sure, I'm snug but it's a feeling I'm familiar with since I've been this size for the better part of 30 years.

If your point of reference is a previous Corvette then yes, the C7 will feel tight. I wouldn't trade the quality and support of the new seats for anything and in fact, the old seats and interior were major reasons I never got excited about previous Corvettes.

mksz51 12-02-2014 08:48 AM

6'2". 185 pounds. Avid cyclist; 10,000 miles a year. I fit just fine when I'm not out on the bike.

TKay 12-02-2014 09:23 AM

I'm a tad over 6' and am 245. When looking for a C7, I sat in a bunch where other people had sat before me. These other people played with the seat buttons. I never felt comfortable. One day I was at my local dealer when he asked if I was interested in a black C7 which just came in. NO ONE had sat in it yet, I was the first. Surprisingly I felt very comfortable. I ordered one that day.Now that I have my own and have the seat just where I want it, I am happy. True if I lost a few pounds it would help, but its not a problem as I am.

funz06 12-02-2014 09:45 AM

6' 4" and around 210 today (could be 220 after a good weekend)---not huge in the shoulders. but I do exercise and lift regularly, so I am not small there either. I have driven four C7's. Fit was OK without going crazy with the seat adjustments---not as roomy as my C6, BUT.......and this is a big but..........my friend with a C7 and myself spent a good 15-20 minutes measuring the inside of his C7 and my C6 from all different angles and ways (different parts of the doors to different parts of the console; took into account the emergency brake differences; etc., etc.). Bottom line----all the measurements in both cars were virtually the same (could have been off a 1/4 inch here or there as we are into our 60's and contorting our bodies to get a measurement was not part of the plan). We concluded that (1) the seats, by design, are tighter in a very good way---they hold you in place while driving around turns and bends, etc., versus having to hang onto the steering wheel for dear life, and (2) the interior of the C7 still seemed smaller to both of us----we are guessing it might be an optical illusion with all the gauges, their lights; the look of the console; and the stupid grab bar on the passenger side.

BigJoe 12-02-2014 09:47 AM

6'4" 255 and I am comfortable once in the car. Getting in and out is a challenge because my old joints aren't as limber as they were. I have the seat all the way down and back and have plenty of head room (enough to wear a helmet if I want.) but my knees are only an inch from the dash. Where it is tight is from door to console... The C7 door is thicker than the C6's door and intrudes on the knee space a lot more.
But what is really lacking IMO is the amount of seat back recline when the seat is all the way back. I feel like I am driving a NASCAR car with the steering wheel too close to my chest for comfort. I'd prefer a more "laid back" posture but that is not possible unless I give up leg room.

DAC17 12-02-2014 10:03 AM

6'3", 190. I'm a runner and biker, so fairly slim build, but do have a 34" inseam length. I fit, but it's not quite as comfortable as other cars we have. But worth the tight fit!

Bill17601 12-02-2014 10:11 AM

A good friend of mine is 6'4" he rides with me and doesn't seem to have a problem.. I have the stock seats not the comp seats. A difference for sure.

SteveMcGuire 12-02-2014 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by gsport (Post 1588388801)

I'm 6'2" and the fact of the matter is the interior of the C7 is too tight for me. I like the C7 but I'm not spending that kind of money on a car I'm not comfortable in. I'll keep my C5 vert and be happy.

GSIRM3 12-02-2014 10:54 AM

I am 6'1", 200 lbs and the C7 is too small for me. I can fit, but it is too tight. As others have said, the seats are too narrow. I end up sitting on the side bolsters, and not quite enough leg room. I like the car, but couldn't pull the trigger for those reasons.