CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Deciding on my new Stingray. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3579021-deciding-on-my-new-stingray.html)

bdons 12-19-2014 02:53 PM

Deciding on my new Stingray.

I have been going through the list and trying to decide on how I want to order my car. I decided Arctic white, Red interior 2Lt Z51. A few questions for you guys. What options would you highly recommend getting. Id love the Competiton seats but it seems rather hard to find and Im not sure about long term comfort and wear. Is its worth getting Nav? Ive heard that GM Nav is not the best in the world and I don't use my nag unless its a long road trip somewhere. The big question is the change from 6 speed to 8 speed for the 2015 model. Is the 8 speed my better or do you guys have a preference on the 2. Any advice you guys have would be welcomed.

Kracka 12-19-2014 02:58 PM

I ordered the nav system and would do it again. It has been very helpful while on roadtrips for me...weather, traffic, POI's, etc. If you're looking at 2014's also give the NPP dual-mode performance exhaust a look (included in the 2015 Z51 package) and consider the cost/benefits of the magnetic ride control suspension.

mikez06 12-19-2014 03:04 PM

I had the A6 in my C6 and now the A8 in the 2015, totally AWE-some! Love it and it's so much quicker with 8 gears to shift thru. I did not get the nav, don't need it-nor want it. I also had the MSRC in the C6, opted to NOT get it in the C7. Don't track, so don't miss it.
Get what you want! Thumbs up on your color scheme, getting black wheels as well?

wgood 12-19-2014 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by bdons (Post 1588523393)
I have been going through the list and trying to decide on how I want to order my car. I decided Arctic white, Red interior 2Lt Z51. A few questions for you guys. What options would you highly recommend getting. Id love the Competiton seats but it seems rather hard to find and Im not sure about long term comfort and wear. Is its worth getting Nav? Ive heard that GM Nav is not the best in the world and I don't use my nag unless its a long road trip somewhere. The big question is the change from 6 speed to 8 speed for the 2015 model. Is the 8 speed my better or do you guys have a preference on the 2. Any advice you guys have would be welcomed.

In addition to Z-51 and 2Lt I ordered front license plate ( mine state required ) Nav Stingray wheel caps No mag ride Cargo mat battery prot and chrome wheels !!! Also had my lower rear fascia painted body color 795.00 from dealer !!! They took it off --painted it ---andthen put it back on !!!! Wayne

jovette 12-19-2014 07:12 PM

GM advises against Competition Seats unless you plan to track the car. Standard GT seats are said to be roomier and better for those using the car for touring / long trips.

rcooper 12-19-2014 07:15 PM

I've got an AW 2lt with red interior on order, getting the carbon flash badges, spoiler and wheels. Since I'm not getting a Z51 I will have the mirrors and carbon flash stinger painted on. I also got the NPP system. No nav as I don't feel that $1,700+ is worth it, even though you get the PDR. I use On Star turns and directions and if I were to track it I would get a GoPro. Also getting the painted roof, so as to date I am in limbo.

TEXHAWK0 12-19-2014 07:18 PM

I just ordered base Stingray, 2LT, red calipers, and Z51 spoiler... to keep the price around $55K. Nothing else was worth adding $20,000 to the price. I like the Level 1, Z06 front splitter... may have to get one of those.

bdons 12-19-2014 07:52 PM

Do you guys think that z51 is a must? I know resale will be higher but honestly any dealer is going to low ball me anyways. This will be my daily driver 95% of the time. Im not going to track just corsa exhaust and ground effects in the future. Is the e diff worth the money?

Jp23rockstar 12-19-2014 08:20 PM

Get the Z51 and 8sp, skip the nav, 2lt, standard seats. That's all you need.

Red C8 of Jax 12-19-2014 08:37 PM

If you are not going to track the car you don't need the Z51 pkg. There is a package for 2K offered by GM if you want the larger wheels. If you do a search on this forum you will see some of the owners with the Z51 pkg. are having problems with oil over fills by GM service depts. and other problems.

The Creeper 12-19-2014 09:12 PM

If you have a smart phone you already have better nav. If you want pdr get a $100 dash cam and set it up to automatically record when the car is running. that's my step and I am very happy with it.:cheers:

LIE2ME 12-19-2014 09:36 PM

I like the built in nav unit, because if you have the 2LT or 3LT, the directions appear on the HUD...VERY COOL!!:cheers:

OLD_GOAT 12-19-2014 09:41 PM

Once I saw the nav/pdr in action, there was no going back!

JohnAE455 12-20-2014 08:56 AM

If you are planning on getting a performance cat back in the future I would advise getting the dual mode when you order. You can activate it by switching from T to S and go from quiet to loud. Costs about the same as aftermarket.

Do you really think you need a track car, Z51, for a DD? Same with E diff. Difference in resale will probably be about the same as the diff. in initial cost. My opinions, your money. Have fun deciding.

sdk 12-20-2014 11:12 AM

Get the performance exhaust and turn the sound management off.

Larry/car 12-20-2014 12:20 PM

Everyone has an idea; I went with a base convertible, manual transmission, 2Lt and navigation. Would purchase the same options again.