CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   door window/buttons/switches not working (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3581839-door-window-buttons-switches-not-working.html)

jonctovar 12-26-2014 02:21 AM

door window/buttons/switches not working

Driver side **There is no response from the window switches or lock/unlock. The window does NOT go down or up even when opening the door..... The button to open the door works fine. ...passanger side works perfect.

Charlie in TX 12-26-2014 04:53 AM

Fuse? Is this a new problem? Did it show its ugly face when some other problem occurred? Like a dead battery?

jonctovar 12-26-2014 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie in TX (Post 1588568664)
Fuse? Is this a new problem? Did it show its ugly face when some other problem occurred? Like a dead battery?

No just popped up, and the "security alarm "icon remains on.

FortMorganAl 12-26-2014 08:11 AM

Driver's door module controls all these functions. Opening the door by applying power to the latch solenoid when the external button is pressed is one of the few things associated with the door that isn't controlled by the computer module in the door. :crazy2: Read the codes to get confirmation of exactly what has failed.

jonctovar 12-27-2014 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl (Post 1588568928)
Driver's door module controls all these functions. Opening the door by applying power to the latch solenoid when the external button is pressed is one of the few things associated with the door that isn't controlled by the computer module in the door. :crazy2: Read the codes to get confirmation of exactly what has failed.

Where is the module located?

FortMorganAl 12-28-2014 07:18 AM

The driver's door module is in the driver's door. But before tearing the door apart you should probably read the codes to prove that module is the issue. At this point it is just a guess from the symptoms. That's why all the modules and computers in this car set codes to identify which parts are not working properly. For example, in this specific case it could also just as likely be a wiring issue with the communications bus as far away as the passenger footwell. If the BCM computer is having trouble communicating with the DDM... Reading the codes for free at a parts store or with a $25 reader will tell you.

jonctovar 01-02-2015 01:56 AM

Spent all day checking wires and switches they are all working (current), but they are not responsive...I will take it to get the codes read by obdII.. I didn't see any module inside the door..it has a few wires connected by a latch type of connection...also how can you reindex the passenger door without using the driver's side?

STL Mike 06-11-2019 11:37 PM

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the exact same problem on the passenger side. But, the driver switch will move the window and I can move the mirror.

Turbo6TA 06-12-2019 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by STL Mike (Post 1599567320)

Did you ever get this figured out? .......

I seriously doubt that you will be getting an answer from the OP ... since he has not posted to the Corvette Forum since 2015

CamarosRus 07-15-2019 07:30 PM

Im having similar issue.......NO WINDOW or MIRROR operation from Left Door Panel

Right Door Panel operates Right Window

Chuck Auburn,WA

STL Mike 07-15-2019 09:35 PM

Looks like all those functions reside in the driver door window switch.

Rich Rose 03-19-2020 01:42 PM

Left side no window or mirror

Originally Posted by CamarosRus (Post 1599761221)
Im having similar issue.......NO WINDOW or MIRROR operation from Left Door Panel

Right Door Panel operates Right Window

Chuck Au nhhburn,WA

Has anyone figured out this problem its driving me nuts

CamarosRus 04-11-2020 01:24 AM

I got my above repaired...........only cost me $1000

PM before I write a book here

surfsano 04-12-2023 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by jonctovar (Post 1588568565)
Driver side **There is no response from the window switches or lock/unlock. The window does NOT go down or up even when opening the door..... The button to open the door works fine. ...passanger side works perfect.

Any new info on what the fix is? I am experiencing this exact problem. I can’t PM either for some reason so can’t reach out to @CamarosRus

CamarosRus 04-12-2023 10:38 PM

I'm here...by chance saw your post..................

First thing I would do is have a service provider connect his Snap On or other device to the OBD2 port and see IF
the windows and door locks can be operated ....

My service provider (independant local shop) tried EVERYTHING

Finally found a PIN Issue when the main harness was unplugged from BCU (Main Puter)

To my dying day I will never know how/why my problem happened suddenly on a 8 year old car

You can contact me at CamarosRus@gmail.com

Chuck Sharin Auburn,WA

surfsano 04-12-2023 11:42 PM

Thank you for the details and suggestion, I’ll try that out.